WEN

Valued Contributor

Just have a questions for my fellow Wenner's who use JM. I recieved a kit today with her Milk, Mascara, Oil, Lip and Cheek Color and Exfoliating Powder and none of them are sealed? Is that typical for her products? I feel safer with products come sealed.

Honored Contributor

Re: O/T Josie Maron products.

@Love4cats The only thing I've ever ordered from Josie Maran was a recent Argan Balm Duo (2 for the price of one, regularly $42). The balm is fine but I think shea butter is better for sealing moisture in. 

The balms were not sealed. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Most items are NOT sealed

Trusted Contributor

I've never received a beauty oil that did come sealed. They've all arrived (WEN & JM) with the glass dropper tops on the bottle and no kind of seal. I think the only beauty product I can recall receiving that did have a seal is bottles of WEN CC, SC, RTM & VTS. I don't think the Philosophy products do either.

Honored Contributor

None of her items I've bought in the past came sealed.

Valued Contributor

Thank you all for your replies. I love her products that I have tried but really wish they were sealed. I was surprised when I recieved everything in the kit with no seals especially the mascara.

Honored Contributor

@RJL-DLL 75 wrote:

Thank you all for your replies. I love her products that I have tried but really wish they were sealed. I was surprised when I recieved everything in the kit with no seals especially the mascara.

It is a little disconcerting but people have been complaining about it for years and she has never changed it so don't expect it to change any time soon, unfortunately.

Respected Contributor

Mine have never been sealed, but no issues at all...

Super Contributor

I've bought directly from JMC and the exfoliating powder definitely had a small plastic inner seal, kind of like what's on a milk carton. I also have the milk directly from her and I don't remember it having a seal. The mascara and color stick I have both came from QVC and, no, I don't think either had a seal. The stick may have had an inner smaller cover but I'm not 100% on that.

Yeah it's a little disconcerting.

Honored Contributor

When products come shipped directly to me, I honestly don't worry much about seals. (And I grew up during that whole Tylenol poisoning that started the seal trend.)

I worry more about seals in stores like Sephora, Ulta, Walmart, and drugstores where people and get their hands on packages and open them. The people who work in warehouses that pack and ship items don't have time to be playing around with items, but consumers in stores do.