WEN

Occasional Contributor

No more behind the scenes Periscoping at QVC??

Tried posting this at least 10x. 

What is up with Chaz not being able to scope behind scenes at QVC? I saw a post on Wen Dooters page.  

It's very hard to understand QVC's directive to stop Periscoping. Periscoping promotes WEN education and all the goodness Chaz Dean has to offer the world. It also helps in promoting an increase in QVC sales which I am sure is important to QVC! I am a devoted QVC shopper for many years and have never been disappointed, but honestly I am now!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: No more behind the scenes Periscoping at QVC??

@meeser thanks for this update. I haven't had time to watch Chaz's periscope videos for a few weeks now. I was looking forward to watching him periscope behind the scenes at QVC. I really enjoyed it last time.

That's too bad that QVC nixed it. It does seem strange especially since the QVC Customer Choice Awards added a new category for best Social Media this year. Chaz's videos really help to promote Wen... and they're a lot of fun too. Smiley Happy Does this mean that QVC is being less social? Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Wink

Super Contributor

I just don't understand Q at all.   They are just so secretive and make weird decisions.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Apparently they don't want the Periscoping until they figure out where they stand with social media. I'm guessing these are lawyers making a decision. Chaz stated this in his most recent scope. We were not happy! I love the behind the scenes and extra tips. 

#IAmTeamWen
Honored Contributor

@nikki48 wrote:

Apparently they don't want the Periscoping until they figure out where they stand with social media. I'm guessing these are lawyers maging a decision. Chaz stated this in his most recent scope. We were not happy! I love the behind the scenes and extra tips. 

@nikki48, lol, so theyre going to ask their lawyers whether they should be promoting the heck out of the products they sell in order to generate more sales?

I can see it now... we've decided to discourage sales... 

-- bebe Smiley Wink

Contributor

What's confusing is that QVC Periscoped just last week with Jayne Brown and a vendor (can't remember who) on a fashion day....and now it's not allowed? 

Trusted Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@nikki48 wrote:

Apparently they don't want the Periscoping until they figure out where they stand with social media. I'm guessing these are lawyers maging a decision. Chaz stated this in his most recent scope. We were not happy! I love the behind the scenes and extra tips. 

@nikki48, lol, so theyre going to ask their lawyers whether they should be promoting the heck out of the products they sell in order to generate more sales?

I can see it now... we've decided to discourage sales... 

-- bebe Smiley Wink

I agree! I believe it helps, I could have easily forgotten about this visit if it wasn't for Chaz's advertising. 

#IAmTeamWen
Occasional Contributor

Periscoping is free advertising. I don't understand and will likely curtail any more QVC purchases . I have 8 32 oz bottles.m

In the last scope Chaz mentioned it was " the higher ups" at QVC were calling it off. It is also possible that the " powers that be" were upset about Lisa Robertson being in a Chaz periscope last night going to some trick or treat thing.

Second thing, why does Q suggest " connect with us ( insert host name) on FB, Twitter, etc, if they don't want to use social media?

L

Trusted Contributor

I wonder... Chaz tends to say what he thinks about things. He's authentic and that's a big  part of what we like about him. I recall a Periscope video (Sept TSV debut, possibly?) when Chaz was preparing to go on air and he said something less than flattering about the hair of another vendor rep that was on before him selling a new hair product. It wasn't meant to be mean, but he gave his honest opinion and it wasn't exactly positive. I wonder if that had anything to do with it?

Respected Contributor

I think y'all are blowing it out of proportion. There was never supposed to be Periscoping backstage. That's why we had the boob cam. So now they are just reinforcing their rules. Anytime you have a brand and you are out of control of the message, you do actually need to pull it back. So that's what they are doing. Also keeping cameras out of areas they may not normally take casual visitors. If you think about it, every place has an Employees Only sign somewhere. So it was fun while it lasted, and now we'll see Chaz Perscope still anywhere but there. 

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012