WEN

Respected Contributor

I have several formulas of WEN mousse that I just don't use on my hair, now that it's short the mousse doesn't seem to do anything for it like it did when my hair was long.  I don't want to throw it away, of course, but had no idea what to do with it until I was in the shower last night.  Would it make a light body lotion?  So I tried some SHP mousse on my legs before going to bed, and used more on them this morning, as well as my arms and neck, layering in the SHP EDP afterwards.   It worked very nicely, my arms still feel moisturized half a day later.  I don't have perfume to match with the rest of the bottles of mousse, but I'll be using it up as a body lotion all summer, even the FTP or WRC.  Anybody else ever try the mousse this way?

Honored Contributor

No, but it would probably work for shaving your legs, too, I would think.  I think have read that some ladies use hair conditioning that they no longer like to do this.  It's good to find other uses for things.  Makes me feel like I am not being wasteful!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

I have several formulas of WEN mousse that I just don't use on my hair, now that it's short the mousse doesn't seem to do anything for it like it did when my hair was long.  I don't want to throw it away, of course, but had no idea what to do with it until I was in the shower last night.  Would it make a light body lotion?  So I tried some SHP mousse on my legs before going to bed, and used more on them this morning, as well as my arms and neck, layering in the SHP EDP afterwards.   It worked very nicely, my arms still feel moisturized half a day later.  I don't have perfume to match with the rest of the bottles of mousse, but I'll be using it up as a body lotion all summer, even the FTP or WRC.  Anybody else ever try the mousse this way?

@CamilleP, Wendy has demonstrated doing this. She said she does it in a pinch. I love my NIBT too much and need my mousse for my curls but I love that you found a way to repurpose it. 

#IAmTeamWen
Respected Contributor

I use the mousse on dry hair too.  I'm an early riser, I'm talking 4:00am so when I jump in the shower, I don't always cleanse.  Don't have the time so I use a shower cap, now when I do that, my roots around the face get wet so when I'm all dressed I take a few pumps of mousse and rake that in and hit my hair with the dryer for a minute or two and the scent REALLY stays in and perks up my next day hair.  I'm like nikki48, I love my NBTs too much to use anything else on my body.