WEN

Occasional Contributor

I have tried SAM CC but it left my hair way too dry and it felt like straw.  I'm now trying Lavender CC and it is alot better but I still feel that I need more moisture on the ends.  I am 48 and have thinning hair which I color now since I'm getting grey.  Any help would be appreciated.  I don't have issues with oily or dry scalp and the first few inches of my hair at the root feels great using Wen but the last 7 or so inches are too dry.

Also which styling cream, mousse or any other product would you recommend or say are must haves in the Wen line.  I'm really new to all of this.  What should I get?

Frequent Contributor

When you start out with wen there is a lot of trying until you find out what works for your hair. You may want to try a seasonal CC such as coconut line verbena or summer honey peach. My hair loves the restorative line which would be the bamboo green tea or mandarin Italian fig. I love them both! I would also recommend 613 as a once a week treatment. The oils are great for overnight treatments as well as the remoist. My favorite is the bamboo remoist. Don't give up, keep trying until you find what your hair needs. Hope that helps. You can find a lot of great help here on this forum too. Good luck!!

Respected Contributor

I would suggest you go to Chaz Dean's website and try the product recommender. Based on how you described your hair it sounds like Fig would be best for you since that's the most moisturizing.

Aside from that I would recommend the styling creme and maybe the remoist if your ends are that dry. All of the styling creme and remoist formulas should perform about the same so you can just choose whatever sounds the most appealing to you.

Super Contributor

Welcome this is a friendly board with lots of great advice!

I am the same age as you and have been struggling with dry ends as well. The fig is amazingly moisturizing and my air loves it. For thinning hair many folks recommend tea tree, especially the oil treatments for your scalp. I just started using that.

There is a FANTASTIC  today's special value coming up on September 5. It includes full-size CC, oil, replenishing treatment mist and styling cream. You can order already online though with the item number. It may sell out quickly so it would be a good idea to do that. We can't give out the item numbers here, but if you Google "blue skies for me" QVC, the insider magazine will have the numbers.

Honored Contributor

And here's my two cents on WEN.  I too love WEN, such an easy simple process.  I reported here in another post that I wanted to try to find an over the counter shampoo/conditioner to get back to so that I could not spend so much and could be more readily available.  Well, last week I bought something, tried it on Monday and that was that.  Every time I try this, I realize myself why I LOVE WEN.

First, I don't need 2 products, the 2nd being a conditioner because I cannot stand how my hair feels in the washing process with a regular shampoo.  It feels like the hair blows up in size, gets immediately tangled, can't even get my fingures through it to wash/scrub it, my scalp. 

Back to WEN - My hair is about chin length so I don't need that much to use, perhaps 1/2dollar sized dollup.  I also have tried almost every scent except tea tree becdause I can't stand the smell of tea tree anything.  That's just me.  However, I buy for the scents because honestly I don't find a difference in any of them to do anything in particular that Chaz talks about.  Lavendar is my fav scent but it tends to be more pricey and rather hard to find.  I like to buy either a duo pack or even a quad pack if the price is right.  Lav is not found often at all in a duo pack.  Currently I'm waiting for my pomegranete/sweet almond to arrive as I'm almost out of the pom right now.  2 for $40 is a good buy here.

Respected Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

I would suggest you go to Chaz Dean's website and try the product recommender. Based on how you described your hair it sounds like Fig would be best for you since that's the most moisturizing.

Aside from that I would recommend the styling creme and maybe the remoist if your ends are that dry. All of the styling creme and remoist formulas should perform about the same so you can just choose whatever sounds the most appealing to you.

I agree with the post above from HSB1204 especially about trying the product recommender on the Chaz Dean website.  This is definitely a good place to start although some Wenners have posted that this really didn't work for them.  Although, I did find this very helpful.  

Trusted Contributor

Welcome to the wonder of Wen! It is a great thing. I would strongly suggest the restorative lines as well. I love everything BGT and MIF and enjoy using the same thing in the entire product line. Those products are so nourishing for my hair.

I've also read that the TT oil is really helpful for hair growth, but more experienced Wenners than I could help there. I've not yet tried the oils.

Esteemed Contributor

I would recommend the FIG for your ends. It's what I use either by itself or in conjunction with the seasonals, which I can't use by themselves.

Trusted Contributor

Most important thing is to use the correct amount of pumps, for your hair type, texture and length.

Be sure you're using full pumps and not partial pumps. It makes a big difference.

Applying the CC in four sections makes it easier to work with and distribute.1) top of the head and crown 2) nape and back of the head 3) mid shaft and ends of right side 4) mid shaft and ends of left side. Some people like to do a double cleanse (dividing the total amount of pumps in half, not doubling the amount of pumps)  others don't.

The Wen comb is a must have, so watch for any deals that include the comb. 

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Super Contributor

I too am in my 40's.  My hair is long and naturally wavy but I usually blow dry because I prefer  a  smoother look.  I get high lights every 3 months or so.  No greys yet.  No oily scalp either.  My hair loves Summer Honey Peach for the moisture.  It leaves my hair feeling lighter and not weighed down at all.  No fly aways or frizz.  My hair also does well with fig.  I almost always use tea tree for my first cleanse because it is so good for hair growth and scalp health.  I also enjoy the eucalyptus smell.  I recommend the TT  oil treatments a few times a week also.  The styling cream is also a must for heat protection and to prevent frizz too.  Hope this helps.  Other tips....massage the CC into the scalp and hair and add a bit of water to help distribute the cc throught the hair.  I find that I get the best results when I use alot of CC.  I use probably 10 or more pumps from a 32 oz bottle for the first cleanse and maybe the same or a bit less for the second cleanse.  Too little CC  may not give you the best results.  You'll figure it out over time what works best for you.   Then use a wide tooth comb to detangle and further distribute the cc throught the hair.  Rinse and repeat the process again..Remember to rinse rinse rinse.   Cool water is best.  Then add  a nickle size amount of cc back into the hair from midshaft to ends and rake through the hair.  Next is the styling cream.  2 pumps works good for me.   DO NOT towel dry as this will make the hair rough and frizzy.  Squeeze the water out and put your hair up in a turbie twist to absorb some of the water.  Oh,  I also use any scent of remoist once a week overnight.  This is what works for me.  Essentials?  CC and styling cream.  Oils and remoist are an added luxury.  RTM also another luxury that helps with second and third day hair to freshen up.  Great aromatherapy..