WEN

Trusted Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@Kjelle wrote:

@aprimo wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@aprimo wrote:

I hope the Q isn't planning widespread use of alternate shippers. Amazon did that for a while. The contracted with alternate shippers in many places across the country. In Houston they contracted with some random company I'd never heard of. It was a disaster. They never could figure out how to deliver a package to my apartment. I had the gate code printed on the mailing label as part of my address and they still couldn't figure out how to get in. They kept calling me in the evening trying to get me to explain where my building was and how to get in. It was ridiculous. I'm assuming Amazon got a lot of complaints because they seem to have abandoned that plan, at least in Houston. I now get all my deliveries from UPS, USPS and occasionally FedEx. I have issues with USPS every now and then, but nothing compared to that random company Amazon contracted with. Good riddance.

Was it by any chance OnTrac that you had issues with? Amazon has been using them here and they get horrible reviews.

I can't remember the name, but that doesn't ring a bell. My complaints were much like the complaints I have read about Lasership. They've never delivered to me again, so I hope that means Amazon got rid of them.

Back in the early '00's we used OnTrac thru work and they were horrible. When my Amazon shipments came thru them recently I thought it was trouble but it went great and their tracking actually worked-unlike USPS. The advantage of USPS is they are trying to up their profits by making Sunday deliveries.

I've only had one bad experience with OnTrac where they delivered my Sephora package to the completely wrong house, on the wrong street. The guy couldn't remember at all where he delivered it. Thankfully the tracking in his truck solved the mystery and I finally got it. But whenever my husband has ordered packages that have been delivered by OnTrac 99% of the time they were never delivered on time and no one seemed to know where they were at. I was reading the other Laser Ship thread here on the forum and the issues that people are having with them sounds a lot like what is going on with OnTrac. Lately they've stopped ringing the door bell. I'll just suddenly check the tracking and when I realize that it has been delivered I check outside and the package is sitting there!

USPS' Sunday delivery does come in handy but most of the time they come by so early that I'm still sleeping and I don't really want to be woken up on a Sunday morning so I haven't used it a whole lot.

That is one problem I never have with USPS. My mailman is borderline psychotic, I think. He puts mail in my box for any random person in my building, or who hasn't lived in my building in years. When he delivers packages to my door, he pounds on the door like the SWAT team is about to break it down. Scares the ever-loving $%@# out of me every time. However, I certainly am aware that I have a package at the door. Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@aprimo wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@Kjelle wrote:

Back in the early '00's we used OnTrac thru work and they were horrible. When my Amazon shipments came thru them recently I thought it was trouble but it went great and their tracking actually worked-unlike USPS. The advantage of USPS is they are trying to up their profits by making Sunday deliveries.

I've only had one bad experience with OnTrac where they delivered my Sephora package to the completely wrong house, on the wrong street. The guy couldn't remember at all where he delivered it. Thankfully the tracking in his truck solved the mystery and I finally got it. But whenever my husband has ordered packages that have been delivered by OnTrac 99% of the time they were never delivered on time and no one seemed to know where they were at. I was reading the other Laser Ship thread here on the forum and the issues that people are having with them sounds a lot like what is going on with OnTrac. Lately they've stopped ringing the door bell. I'll just suddenly check the tracking and when I realize that it has been delivered I check outside and the package is sitting there!

USPS' Sunday delivery does come in handy but most of the time they come by so early that I'm still sleeping and I don't really want to be woken up on a Sunday morning so I haven't used it a whole lot.

That is one problem I never have with USPS. My mailman is borderline psychotic, I think. He puts mail in my box for any random person in my building, or who hasn't lived in my building in years. When he delivers packages to my door, he pounds on the door like the SWAT team is about to break it down. Scares the ever-loving $%@# out of me every time. However, I certainly am aware that I have a package at the door. Woman Frustrated

Okay, that sounds a bit extreme. I'd prefer not to have a heart attack whenever I'm getting mail! Cat Surprised

Honored Contributor

Re: New shipper

[ Edited ]

@Jeannie29 wrote:

There is another thread on Lasership in Q talk. Interesting. 

@Jeannie29 thanks so much for sharing the info about the LaserShip thread in Q talk. In this thread Amy-QVC, one of the mods on the QVC Social Team, shared the following info (in message #9 of that thread): 

Hi everyone,

We are currently using LaserShip for some of our East Coast deliveries.  LaserShip delivery hours are from 8am - 9pm, local time.  The drivers wear black and red logo uniforms and they drive a LaserShip logo vehicle.  Customers can track packages on QVC.com or on LaserShip.com.

I hope this information helps.  

As with orders delivered by any of our delivery carriers, Customer Service is available if you need help.  

___

That said, from what other folks are saying, it sounds as though there are some real problems with this shipping company which QVC has just added to their roster. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@Jeannie29 wrote:

@Jeannie29 thanks so much for sharing the info about the LaserShip thread in Q talk. In this thread Amy-QVC, one of the mods on the QVC Social Team, shared the following info (in message #9 of that thread): 

Hi everyone,

We are currently using LaserShip for some of our East Coast deliveries.  LaserShip delivery hours are from 8am - 9pm, local time.  The drivers wear black and red logo uniforms and they drive a LaserShip logo vehicle.  Customers can track packages on QVC.com or on LaserShip.com.

As with orders delivered by any of our delivery carriers, Customer Service is available if you need help.  

___

That said, from what other folks are saying, it sounds as though there are some real problems with this shipping company which QVC has just added to their roster. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

If you go to the Lasership website, they have basically a "help wanted" ad saying they are looking to hire drivers with their own box truck, cargo van or passenger vehicle to service local routes. Based on that, I'm not surprised people are getting their packages delivered by what looks like any random person with a car that runs. Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

Re: New shipper

[ Edited ]

@aprimo wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@Jeannie29 wrote:

Hi everyone,

___

-- bebe Smiley Happy

If you go to the Lasership website, they have basically a "help wanted" ad saying they are looking to hire drivers with their own box truck, cargo van or passenger vehicle to service local routes. Based on that, I'm not surprised people are getting their packages delivered by what looks like any random person with a car that runs. Woman Frustrated

😳 That's pretty jacked up...that is all I can say about that @aprimo

now I'm editing, so I guess that's not all. There is a choice on the shipping, but of course it costs more. If you kept getting sketchy guys coming to your house, you might decide to pay. Also, complain long and loudly to the Q. I am sure they did not rush into a long contract with these people. Probably dipping their toe in the water, so to speak.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor

Well I am about to scream with my Wen coming by "opps wait it DOESN"T come"..

My FTP that needs to be in Az has been in NC, Virginia, now Ca, wondering if it will ever see my door...My FAS has never left processing, CS just says it's coming from the Vendor so they don't know when it will ship...this is the worst time I have had getting product since I have started using WEN...Hope it changes...

Honored Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

My FTP that needs to be in Az has been in NC, Virginia, now Ca, wondering if it will ever see my door...My FAS has never left processing, CS just says it's coming from the Vendor so they don't know when it will ship...this is the worst time I have had getting product since I have started using WEN...Hope it changes...

@quadmimi  I can empathize with you. 

I ordered three of the TSV's. One of them left early and arrived in my town about a day and a half later on  September 17. And it's been sitting there since that time. The other two left a few days later and I've received both of them. 

When I called QVC customer service, the agent tried to explain that the first package had been delayed because of the weekend. Then I pointed out that the two packages that left later had already arrived and she didn't know what to say. 

I was worried that the undelivered TSV  is lost somewhere in the storage facility. The customer service agent told me that I cannot file a replacement request until 28 September. She did however order me another TSV on check

hold. This way if the first one is lost then they can just send me the replacement TSV.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Kjelle wrote:

@aprimo wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@Jeannie29 wrote:

Hi everyone,

___

-- bebe Smiley Happy

😳 That's pretty jacked up...that is all I can say about that @aprimo

now I'm editing, so I guess that's not all. There is a choice on the shipping, but of course it costs more. If you kept getting sketchy guys coming to your house, you might decide to pay. Als this new shipping company that QVC is using sounds like a third rate variation of either o, complain long and loudly to the Q. I am sure they did not rush into a long contract with these people. Probably dipping their toe in the water, so to speak

@Kjelle and @aprimo this new shipping company that QVC is using sounds like a third rate variation of either Uber or Lyft  that you'd find in some Third World country. 

Khelle I agree with you. I think we all need to complain to QVC about this otherwise we're going to have  problems with receiving our shipments. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

@quadmimi I have given up on understanding how things are shipped from QVC. Some of my Wen packages (like my BGT gallon) arrived super fast but now I have another package that supposedly shipped from VA on Tuesday and there's still no tracking update. It seems like you either get your package really faster or they decide to have a snail deliver it.

Respected Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

@quadmimi  I can empathize with you. 

I ordered three of the TSV's. One of them left early and arrived in my town about a day and a half later on  September 17. And it's been sitting there since that time. The other two left a few days later and I've received both of them. 

When I called QVC customer service, the agent tried to explain that the first package had been delayed because of the weekend. Then I pointed out that the two packages that left later had already arrived and she didn't know what to say. 

I was worried that the undelivered TSV  is lost somewhere in the storage facility. The customer service agent told me that I cannot file a replacement request until 28 September. She did however order me another TSV on check

hold. This way if the first one is lost then they can just send me the replacement TSV.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Oh gosh bebe, that is awful..I hope they find the lost one...I don't know what to think about the shipping lately, why do they send a product past the state it is going to, then send it back again....my FAS finally shipped after 6 or so days, but who knows when I will ever see it!...Smiley Happy