WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: New product hints! World traveler scopes 2 and 3

@ANewHue wrote:

OMG @World Traveler thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed post recapturing your visit.  I so enjoyed reading each and every word.  I wasn't sure if I did post to let you know that I was lucky enough to catch a part of your periscope and was so excited for you.  You looked wonderful and you were so calm and cool,  I would probably be the exact opposite. Lol. Don't know if I would be more excited meeting Chaz or the Angels.    I did show my DH your video and told him you were a Wen friend and how everyone is going to the salon....but me. (Was really laying that part on thick).  How great it was that you also got to meet Joanne too.    Now you really have me looking forward to the Winter scent because I know you too love the WVM,  surprised we haven't seen any hints about the Fall scent yet.  That was so funny that you forgot to pay sounds like so,etching I would have done.  Lol. Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience with us and for taking the time to write about it.  Will you be,planning another visit?thanks again. 😊

@ANewHue You're welcome! I wondered if it was too long, but knew that when @Suz585 posted about her visit to Chaz, I really appreciated all the details she gave.

Glad you got to see part of the periscope. There wasn't a plan on my part for it to be periscoped, but when Chaz asked how I found out about WEN, well of course I just had to blab about all you Wenners on the forum and how awesome you all are with the help/information about which product to use for my type of hair. Not that I thought any of you were wrong in suggesting Tea Tree and Lavender, but it was great to hear Chaz confirm that those were an awesome duo for me. That's when he asked Chris to periscope it.

It was great to meet Chaz, but I'm such a big dog lover that meeting the Angels was really high on my list of desires for that day. The guy who was watching over the dogs used my phone to take dozens and dozens of photos of Chaz and I with the dogs outside, and then later Chaz suggested we go inside and have pictures taken with them on the couch. 

Joanne is hilarious! She is a bundle of energy and just makes you feel right at home...like part of the family. She talks really fast and I had to laugh because I was way beyond keeping up with her. ha!

About being nervous meeting Chaz, I really wasn't because I have watched him so much on TV, I felt I had already met him. When I saw him walk into the salon, the first thing I thought was "I feel like I already know him." Sometimes when you meet celebrities, they are larger than life; know what I mean? But to his credit, what you see on TV is what you get in person. And instead of someone taking me over to him, he walked over to me, shook my hand, and said some very kind things about me taking the time to come to his salon.

I think it is funny about you putting the squeeze on your husband to go to the salon. Keep at it! ha! One of my best friends really wants to go, but with her very long hair and the fact she colors it, she is quite sure it would be over $500; she is probably right. But the way I looked at it, it was a $300 (without Re-Moist) consultation with an expert, specifically about my hair needs. Going to any business in Hollywood is not cheap, and actually I felt he could charge more just because of who he is, his valuable time, and where his salon is located.

As to the new winter scent, I wasn't kidding when I reacted how I did on Periscope. I really, really like the scent, and I will be purchasing it. That is actually saying a lot for me because I love the Vanilla Mint so, so much! I was a little ashamed of myself that after he let me smell it and see the ingredient list on the bottle, that one of the first things out of my mouth was "but you'll still have the Vanilla Mint, right?" And he said yes. I hope he didn't feel I was diminishing the excellence of the new product, but I'm such a lover of anything with a vanilla and mint smell or taste to it....I just had to know that it would be back!

As to the new scent, I have had friends really try to get that out of me, almost to the point that they are a little irked with me. They say, "but how will he know you told us?" All I can say back is that I would know, and he trusted me not to. Case closed. Smiley Happy

As to your question about whether I will go again, I'm sure I will. I'll just cut down on how many Starbucks I have! ha!  They take all the pictures and your information and put it in the computer so they can compare from time to time when I return. He kept telling me that I will see a real difference in one year if I continue with the regimen he gave me, which is ALWAYS Tea Tree for the first cleanse and incorporate 613 with any seasonal I like for the second cleanse. Then I'm to use Tea Tree oil every night and Re-Moist once a week.

Honored Contributor

@77yangya

You're welcome! My pleasure. Writing it out also helped me to remember what all he did and said so I can continue with his suggestions. Do you live in California so you can make an appointment with him?

I'm sure you would be really cool and not studder when you meet him. Smiley Happy  He does have an amazing ability to make everyone feel at home. He is really down to earth. He is definitely NOT arrogant!

What truly amazed me was that there was so much going on all around him, several people interrupting and asking questions, making comments, etc. He never seemed flustered or irritated with the interruptions. Even I was asking all sorts of questions, and he patiently answered everything. There are so many people there, helping out (washing hair, mixing products, sweeping up cut hair, etc.). A lot of activity!

Hope to hear from you soon that you are somehow going to make it to his place for your special day!

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler  I am so envious that you got to meet the Angels,  don't know if I would be more excited to meet Chaz or Hunter.  I too love dogs and always loved Chaz's pups. I lost mine in 2012 and Chaz's Angels have always brought me daily joy through his pictures.   When he lost Ella it was like I lost mine all over again.  Chaz is such a sweetheart to take the time to have you get all those pictures.  You know I've been watching him from day one and from the minute he walked on the set he was unlike any other vendor on the Q.  For two years I watched all his shows before I was able to order.  His shows always brought a sort of peace to my day.  He just has a very calming nature and I'm sure he would calm my excitement if I ever do get to Cali.  I'm on the East coast so it will be a major trip,  I've come very close to actually making it happen but it fell through just as I was ready to call for an appt.

don't worry,  Chaz knows how much WVM is loved and he loves it too so I'm sure  he didn't take it the wrong way. I would have said the same thing and then bite my tongue. 

I have to laugh when I see Joanne because I'm sure her and I would have somethings in common, shes always bringing Chaz flowers for the house and decorating something.

I would love to have the opportunity to thank him in person.  I was able to tell him part of my story on Periscope and I was lucky enough to have him comment on what I wrote but then we lost connection.

Chaz has created more than great products, he has brought many together through the love  of his products .    He has created a wonderful Wen family here and I cherish the friends I've met and continue to take this journey with.  

Honored Contributor

@ANewHue  Oh, I loved your post. You definitely have a great take on Chaz and I hope you get to meet him in person too.

One of the women who was sitting under the halo next to me predicted that I would get addicted to going to his salon. She was with a different stylist, but said that she and her husband make sure they have the money set aside to go to his salon on a regular basis for haircuts. Her husband told me that if it makes his wife happy, then he wants her to continue; and since he drives her there, he gets his hair cut too! Was really cute to watch them fuss over each other. Anyway, she said just the atmosphere/environment there made for a pleasant experience.

Your comment about wanting to thank Chaz in person reminds me of when I was telling him about all the great things you guys say about him on this forum. His comment was that he was afraid to read the posts on the forum. That really floored me, because people like @bruingirl and @Suz585 surely told him the same thing, that he is really appreciated and loved. He appeared awkward and wanted to move onto something else, even though he thanked me for telling him that. Maybe at one time he read them and found a post or two hurtful; don't know.

So, there WAS an Ella! I thought it was a misspelling for Bella. I saw the paw prints on a cement slab and just figured the cement set before they could correct it! ha! Surprised he named two dogs with names so closely spelled.

And I understand your statement about not knowing if you would be more excited to meet Chaz or Hunter. Others might not get that, but I totally do!

Elsie, one of the gals in his office, took down my email address because Chaz told her to send me the pictures that were taken. I have not received them yet. I called last week and asked about it, but was told that Chaz likes to go thru the pictures first, before they are sent. Not sure if he weeds out the bad ones of me or him! ha! I don't think he can take a bad picture. I am anxious to get those. Did they send you photos once you got back home, @Suz585?

Trusted Contributor

@WorldTraveler wrote:

@ANewHue  Oh, I loved your post. You definitely have a great take on Chaz and I hope you get to meet him in person too.

One of the women who was sitting under the halo next to me predicted that I would get addicted to going to his salon. She was with a different stylist, but said that she and her husband make sure they have the money set aside to go to his salon on a regular basis for haircuts. Her husband told me that if it makes his wife happy, then he wants her to continue; and since he drives her there, he gets his hair cut too! Was really cute to watch them fuss over each other. Anyway, she said just the atmosphere/environment there made for a pleasant experience.

Your comment about wanting to thank Chaz in person reminds me of when I was telling him about all the great things you guys say about him on this forum. His comment was that he was afraid to read the posts on the forum. That really floored me, because people like @bruingirl and @Suz585 surely told him the same thing, that he is really appreciated and loved. He appeared awkward and wanted to move onto something else, even though he thanked me for telling him that. Maybe at one time he read them and found a post or two hurtful; don't know.

So, there WAS an Ella! I thought it was a misspelling for Bella. I saw the paw prints on a cement slab and just figured the cement set before they could correct it! ha! Surprised he named two dogs with names so closely spelled.

And I understand your statement about not knowing if you would be more excited to meet Chaz or Hunter. Others might not get that, but I totally do!

Elsie, one of the gals in his office, took down my email address because Chaz told her to send me the pictures that were taken. I have not received them yet. I called last week and asked about it, but was told that Chaz likes to go thru the pictures first, before they are sent. Not sure if he weeds out the bad ones of me or him! ha! I don't think he can take a bad picture. I am anxious to get those. Did they send you photos once you got back home, @Suz585?

@World Traveler just wanted to add my thoughts and clarify a few things....

vendors aren't allowed to post on the forums. Also Chaz has never read the forums.  Team wen reads the forums and passes on suggestions to Chaz.  I know Dooters likes to browse the wen forum...he knows some of us by our nicknames Smiley Happy 

And I pass along information I read here....suggestions, questions, requests....etc to Chaz...not a lot but I do try. 

Elsie is actually LC (she goes by her initials) and she's Chaz's personal assistant Smiley Happy  

happy wenning!

bruingirl

live....laugh....love
Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler  I have been at this a long time, time has seemed to fly by.  im glad you understood what I meant, of course I'd be excited to meet Chaz but I'd also like to hug Hunter as well.  Only true animal lovers would understand.Yes, Ella was the black lab sister to Hunter and Spencer.  While Chaz was taking a break from the June lineup in 2013 in Long Island Ella got heatstroke and passed suddenly.  It was devastating.  I felt like I lost my girl again.  Felt so bad for Chaz.   She passed during the Super moon and I believe that is why he gave Rriley and Bella their middle names.  The father of Hunter, Spencer and Ella was the original "Riley" and he went missing around the time of Ella's passing also. 

I would be thrilled to have all those,pictures of myself with the Angels as well.  that just goes to show how true and kind Chaz genuinely is to take the time to do that for someone.

there were times when we had a lot of trolls around here and things were really tense at times , I just hope Chaz didn't see any of those nasty posts because for Sure it would have hurt him.  Thankfully it seems like some of that nonsense isn't as bad any more and if it isn't I may have missed it.

thanks for sharing that story of the couple.  So cute.  We've talked about my going several times and my DH said "oh I'm going with you and I replied "oh no your not because you would make me even more nervous.  Besides its like Chaz is a part of the family even though he doesn't know it.  But he wants to meet him too. Lol

who knows maybe one day we'll meet up at the salon and give @bruingirl a call.   I missed it did she show is while you were there?  It just looks so relaxing and inviting, really glad you had that experience.  Are you from the West Coast?

Honored Contributor

@bruingirl

Oh, thanks for the clarification. So it is LC and not Elsie. Well, I would have never gotten that one, for sure! LOL!

Honored Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:

@World Traveler  I have been at this a long time, time has seemed to fly by.  I'm glad you understood what I meant, of course I'd be excited to meet Chaz but I'd also like to hug Hunter as well.  Only true animal lovers would understand.Yes, Ella was the black lab sister to Hunter and Spencer.  While Chaz was taking a break from the June lineup in 2013 in Long Island Ella got heatstroke and passed suddenly.  It was devastating.  I felt like I lost my girl again.  Felt so bad for Chaz.   She passed during the Super moon and I believe that is why he gave Rriley and Bella their middle names.  The father of Hunter, Spencer and Ella was the original "Riley" and he went missing around the time of Ella's passing also. 

I would be thrilled to have all those,pictures of myself with the Angels as well.  that just goes to show how true and kind Chaz genuinely is to take the time to do that for someone.

there were times when we had a lot of trolls around here and things were really tense at times , I just hope Chaz didn't see any of those nasty posts because for Sure it would have hurt him.  Thankfully it seems like some of that nonsense isn't as bad any more and if it isn't I may have missed it.

thanks for sharing that story of the couple.  So cute.  We've talked about my going several times and my DH said "oh I'm going with you and I replied "oh no your not because you would make me even more nervous.  Besides its like Chaz is a part of the family even though he doesn't know it.  But he wants to meet him too. Lol

who knows maybe one day we'll meet up at the salon and give @bruingirl a call.   I missed it did she show is while you were there?  It just looks so relaxing and inviting, really glad you had that experience.  Are you from the West Coast?

@ANewHue I really appreciate the information about the Angels. How very sad for Chaz. That just gives me a sick feeling inside. I have a real tender heart towards animals, but especially dogs. My sister is into cats, but they are so independent, coming and going when they want. I had two Akitas, brother and sister, for ten years. They died within three months of each other. It was like a punch in the stomach for me and I cried for such a long time. They were family to me.

You and your husband should go. The way I look at it, if you can get him interested in having a haircut by a celebrity stylist, there is more chance of you going! Right? Maybe an anniversary/birthday gift to each other?

I wish for all the Wenners to have at least one visit with Chaz. It's just nice to affirm that what you are doing is the best for your hair. I was so pleased when he said my hair was healthy and in good condition. That meant that you all had taught me well! LOL!

Yes, I am on the West Coast. I live in Central California, so it was a long drive, over a mountain range, etc. I left at 5:30 in the morning and got home 12 hours later, with three of those hours at the salon. So lots of driving and it totally wiped out a whole day (but well worth it!).

I was going to fly, but figured I wouldn't save any time, what with having to be at the airport one hour before takeoff, renting a car, and then turning the car back in and flying back home. But I was really concerned that I might get caught in delays due to car accidents on the way. Once I was in LA County, I relaxed and knew I would make it on time.

His salon called me a couple of days before to confirm my appointment, and I mentioned that I would be there unless there was some massive accident or snow in the mountain range that closes the road (which happened the weekend before), and they advised if I didn't show up that I would still have to pay the full amount. So there was the pressure of leaving early enough to avoid any problems (flat tire!) and checking weather conditions along the way. I thought of going down there the night before and staying in a hotel. It was nice that he works on Saturdays, because that meant that the LA traffic wasn't quite as bad as it is during the work week. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler You're welcome, yes it was extremely sad. Chaz took a break and when he came back it was heart wrenching.  Albany did that show with him and it was beautiful what she said and how they handled it. I think I still have the,last show with Ella on my DVR.   I'm sorry to hear about your Akitas , I could not imagine losing two family members so close together.  I always loved big dogs.  I always had dogs growing up three at one time after my original dog passed.  My uncle brought me a puppy, my godfather brought me a rescue and then my dad rescued a German Shepard, I rescued my dog after a I found her wandering on a busy street, later finding out someone dumped her.  Although I lost many pets when i was  younger I  took her passing the worst.  I still think of her every day. I had a lot of time with her though because I had to leave my job after being diagnosed with la chronic illness.  She was the best dog I ever had. After she passed I wanted to get another but I cannot walk a dog because I lose feeling in my hands at times. A few years before she passed I lost my one and only cat too.  Never thought I would get another because losing her was also very hard.  About two years after during one of the Hurricanes I rescued an abandoned kitten and all was well.  To my complete astonishment two years after that I rescued two more abandoned kittens.  I never in my wildest dreams would have ever thought I would own three cats.  But I have them under control and they are all good. But it was nonstop work for about six months to bring them to health. My DH used to give every excuse why we couldn't /shouldn't  have another dog and then I wind up with these three.  They were so tiny that I had to feed them with a dropper for months like 8 times a day.  The one was only 4 ozs and we didn't think he would make it.  He had to be Chaz's littlest Wenner, lol.  He is also a,polydactyl (he has six toes).  Both are all black.

i could never imagine driving in Cali by myself,  I would have to get a few of my friends to join me if not my DH.  I have never been to Cali but today I,was talking to a friend about a trip to Las Vegas and she was laughing when I said I would just hop over to Cali to see Chaz for a day.

Honored Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:

@World Traveler You're welcome, yes it was extremely sad. Chaz took a break and when he came back it was heart wrenching.  Albany did that show with him and it was beautiful what she said and how they handled it. I think I still have the,last show with Ella on my DVR.   I'm sorry to hear about your Akitas , I could not imagine losing two family members so close together.  I always loved big dogs.  I always had dogs growing up three at one time after my original dog passed.  My uncle brought me a puppy, my godfather brought me a rescue and then my dad rescued a German Shepard, I rescued my dog after a I found her wandering on a busy street, later finding out someone dumped her.  Although I lost many pets when i was  younger I  took her passing the worst.  I still think of her every day. I had a lot of time with her though because I had to leave my job after being diagnosed with la chronic illness.  She was the best dog I ever had. After she passed I wanted to get another but I cannot walk a dog because I lose feeling in my hands at times. A few years before she passed I lost my one and only cat too.  Never thought I would get another because losing her was also very hard.  About two years after during one of the Hurricanes I rescued an abandoned kitten and all was well.  To my complete astonishment two years after that I rescued two more abandoned kittens.  I never in my wildest dreams would have ever thought I would own three cats.  But I have them under control and they are all good. But it was nonstop work for about six months to bring them to health. My DH used to give every excuse why we couldn't /shouldn't  have another dog and then I wind up with these three.  They were so tiny that I had to feed them with a dropper for months like 8 times a day.  The one was only 4 ozs and we didn't think he would make it.  He had to be Chaz's littlest Wenner, lol.  He is also a,polydactyl (he has six toes).  Both are all black.

i could never imagine driving in Cali by myself,  I would have to get a few of my friends to join me if not my DH.  I have never been to Cali but today I,was talking to a friend about a trip to Las Vegas and she was laughing when I said I would just hop over to Cali to see Chaz for a day.

@ANewHue  LOL!!! ".....hop over to Cali to see Chaz for a day." Love it! Your can-do attitude and spontaneity is something I can identify with! If you get as far as Las Vegas and do your hopping, I'll repeat the drive thru the mountain pass and meet you there! ha!

About your dogs. I have two rescue dogs now. After the Akitas and the expense of having purebreds, and the need to ensure I am the alpha, particularly with this breed (they are very strong willed!), I replaced them with rescue dogs over the years. I'm on my 5th such dog, and I find them so happy to have a home that they are willing to do anything for you. They all have brought me such joy!