WEN

Regular Contributor

After a break I restarted using Wen CC and oils in June, and also started taking the Now Solutions "Hair, Skin, and Nails" supplement. 

I have crazy mad new hair growth, but they are all about 1.5-2 inches long...and all sticking straight up!  It's a good problem to have, but I have to use a lot of product to mat them down. 

I feel like this chicken, lol!

poof.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: New hair growth

[ Edited ]

@Greenqueen Do you know for sure which of the things you are taking is helping with your new hair growth: WEN CC and oils or the supplements? 

In other words, do you feel it takes both the WEN and the supplements to achieve your new hair growth, or do you think you would get the same results without the supplements and just use WEN; or vice versa, just use the supplements and drop the WEN?

I took Lessman Hair, Skin, and Nails product and it didn't do a thing for me, but WEN Tea Tree did wonders!

Just curious. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

I looked up the ingredients.....and I wish I could take it, but I can't. I'm allergic to MSM (wicked headaches). I have to stick to just taking biotin (which does nothing). 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler

I'm guessing it's both the oils and supplement that's making it grow, and the CC is maintaining it...but no way to know for sure.

The reason I picked this supplement is the Cynatine HNS.  Here's a study that was done (granted it's by the makers, but still a real double blind placebo study):

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/tswj/2014/641723/

Regular Contributor

@Effie54

That's a bummer!

At least you have Wen on your side!

Esteemed Contributor

@Greenqueen wrote:

@Effie54

That's a bummer!

No way I would use Wen! It made my hair fall out in clumps. I use emu oil shampoo. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Effie54 wrote:

@Greenqueen wrote:

@Effie54

That's a bummer!

No way I would use Wen! It made my hair fall out in clumps. I use emu oil shampoo. 

@Effie54 And yet, you are interested enough in WEN products to read posts on its sub-forum, specifically about WEN products. Hmmmmm......One has to go out of their way to find the WEN sub-forum.

I had a bad experience with one of the vendor products that also has a sub-forum that I could post on. But because of the less than thrilling results, I not only don't go on their forum to post anything negative about them, I don't even open up that forum's thread.

Most people who had a bad experience with a product would not care enough to follow any mention of the item after that.

Esteemed Contributor
No one is “making” you @Effie54! You don’t have to even worry about it.
Respected Contributor

Greenqueen, I feel your pain, so to speak.  My nails started flaking, chipping, tearing and breaking something awful this past year, so I bought a "hair, skin and nails" supplement at Costco that gives me a ton of biotin, plus a bunch of other vitamins and some things like argan oil (?!?).  My nails are very much improved, and I know my hair is growing faster, but not by information from my head so much as by what my Emjoi epilator is yanking ouf ot the skin of my legs every week!  Those supplements don't just target the hair on your head, dangit!  And the sales pitch on the Emjoi is all very well and good, but not true, at least not for me.  I still have to epilate every week, and that thing yanks out 1/2" long, thick, dark hairs.  Those hairs are NOT coming in finer or more pale, and I cannot go six weeks in between uses or I'd look like a gorilla!  The moral of this story, ladies, is be careful what you wish for with those supplements!   Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

LOL!!!  @CamilleP