WEN

Valued Contributor

@Effie54 

How do you get oil out of an enu? Gross! I would not use anything on my body that needed to be killed.  

emu.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@woodyend wrote:

@Effie54 

How do you get oil out of an enu? Gross! I would not use anything on my body that needed to be killed.  

emu.jpeg

Only if it's a roadkill! Then it's okay, @woodyend! Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@woodyend Just for info...I think emus are used for meat, just like chicken. So the oil is a by-product, if that helps (I know it may not). I used emu oil on my face for awhile and it was very good for my skin. I just didn't care for the smell--kind of like roasted turkey!

Valued Contributor

@vermint Thanks for the info Vermint.

I eat a wide range of food but I will not use animals not on the food list, for entertainment or vanity.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New hair growth

[ Edited ]

Emu oil shampoo is sold everywhere.......... 

Esteemed Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

Emu oil shampoo is sold everywhere.......... 

Yes, it is.

But the puzzling thing is you've come into the WEN home forum, on a thread titled "New Hair Growth" to announce that.

OK. Message received.

Hey Wenners! Since we've been lead completely off topic talking about animal fats rendered for use in cosmetics, back in the 70s I worked with a woman who's husband used bacon grease as a hair dressing.

Uh huh! 

He grew up very poor in a rural area and got used to it at a young age. 

No matter what type of hair pomade she brought home for him to try, he preferred his dab of bacon grease.

She kept us in stitches describing the steps she took with his pillowcases on laundry day, and the towel she kept over the back off his favorite chair and car seat to prevent forming a grease spot.

Yes, we even asked if it drew flies, but no, he used just the tiniest amount and shampooed daily.

Well anyhow, her anecdotes were hilarious.

... and now, we return you to New Hair Growth ...