WEN

Trusted Contributor

Hi,

I've been searching, since last summer, for new scent which are cruelty free.  Tried Josies Holistic -pear, still deciding,  some of her scents in butters bother me, don't smell good to me- if they have herbals added. But I love the Dripping Balm in Peach, wish that was a edp. 

Tried Chaz's tuscan pear& Pumpkin ginger- they were ok, just not quite what I want, may revisited them.

Fyi -to my olfactory preference; foods-bakery and fruits; I love fruity  &  vanilla.

Don't do well with herbals,- plants, flowers, cotton/linen/laundry types--- EXCEPT I LOVE ROSEMARY

Examles of my past tastes;

Philosphy- original scents, Falling in Love, Pure, Uncondtional love- left Phil. due to formula change (when sold to Coty) as soon as they showed a fragrance and lasting change I stopped them. I stayed using the 3 in 1's because they still smelled good. I left Phil. last summer when I found out they were no longer cruelty.

Another fav was Antica Farmacista's, Mandarin Vanilla Bourbon.

I take meds and certain ingredients come out stronger, but fruity and vanilla usually hold true. If they are more herbaceous, or certain woods, linen/cotton/laundry types,  they do not smell nice to my nose, actually they're weirdly sharp.

A few of Todays scents may work;

Hope- vanilla, coconut, ginger, but nutmeg and chamomile may be too strong

Strength- citrus- but cedarwood, amber and sandalwood may not be for me.

Anyone get a sample of these, and what are your thoughts?

Are there any of Chaz's scents that are fruity or  vanilla, without being overtly herbal,  though I do love Rosemary, that doesn't bother me.  

Looking for body creams too.

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Esteemed Contributor

Re: New edp & body cream scents

Hi @skittles2 

Chaz's WEN Summer Tropical Paradise is the closest thing to a delicious "Fresh Fruit Plate" you'll find in any body creme.

The Treatment Oil and the Replenishing Treatment Mist also smell devinely of fresh fruit.

Use the mist for personal scent, and spray your pillowcases!

Look for it starting in June in the WEN Nourishing Intensive Body Treatment.

However I personally found the corresponding EDP to be disappointing, in that it smells quite different to my nose.

Chaz doesn't use any synthetic fragrance so the scents combine with your own chemistry and become personal.

I get what you mean about meds changing the way something may smell.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge wrote:

Hi @skittles2 

Chaz's WEN Summer Tropical Paradise is the closest thing to a delicious "Fresh Fruit Plate" you'll find in any body creme.

The Treatment Oil and the Replenishing Treatment Mist also smell devinely of fresh fruit.

However I personally found the corresponding EDP to be disappointing, in that it smells quite different to my nose.

Chaz doesn't use any synthetic fragrance so the scents combine with your own chemistry and become personal.

Thanks!!Cat Very Happy

I think was one of Chaz's items someone mentioned to me last summer/fall.

I can use the cleansing conditioner as a body wash, too, and the oil on the body, or perfume points?

It sounds yummy.  I have to wait until JuneCat Surprised

At least I know it's coming.  WAIT, it is coming, it's not a one time offer?

The only alcoholic drink I like, besides prosecco,  is Pina Colada, which I only drink a few times a year. If I could slather that over me I would. I guess I could, but I'd stick to everything, would smell great, though.

If you think of another scent let me know!

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

Super Contributor

I love his 613 perfume.  It’s lemon vanilla and rosemary.  Personally, I don’t smell the rosemary, but it’s lovely.

Esteemed Contributor

@skittles2 wrote:

Thanks!!Cat Very Happy

I think was one of Chaz's items someone mentioned to me last summer/fall.

I can use the cleansing conditioner as a body wash, too, yes and the oil on the body, or perfume points? yes

It sounds yummy.  I have to wait until JuneCat Surprised

At least I know it's coming.  WAIT, it is coming, it's not a one time offer? summer seasonal scent, returns in june for a few months

The only alcoholic drink I like, besides prosecco,  is Pina Colada,is that coconut and lime? If yes, you'll like the WEN Coconut lime verbena, also returning in June.  which I only drink a few times a year. If I could slather that over me I would. I guess I could, but I'd stick to everything, would smell great, though.

If you think of another scent let me know

Respected Contributor

Skittle, I think your best bet for now would be WEN 613 fragrance and body creme, it is a very light lemon, vanilla and rosemary scent, and the body creme is the best thing for dry skin you can find.  I have not tried Strength, but of all the "Blessing" fragrances so far, I love Hope the very best, it's warm and sweet and rich, and I wear it in the fall and winter time.  For summer, I switch to Summer Honey Peach, but have not tried any of the other seasonal fragrances.  If Chaz made Winter Vanilla Mint into a fragrance, I'd be ordering it by the gallon, but so far he hasn't done that one.  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I can’t help much since I am chemically sensitive and so many fragrances (from any line) bother me.  The only exception is Winter Vanilla Mint, probably because it smells like chocolate mint candy. 🤗  I have several tubs of that cream, and as @CamilleP says, if he made it in an EDP, I’d buy it by the gallon!  😄

I also agree with @x Hedge  that you may want to wait until the summer scents arrive if you like fruity.  I like Spring Orange Blossom, but that smells like the flower, not the fruit.  Summer Honey Peach is definitely fruity without being herbal.

I liked all the Blessings so far, but not to wear as a spray or cream.  Too strong for me.  I loved Hope, but as well as being too strong to wear, I found it to be warm and would only wear it during the winter.  Love was a lovely floral.  Out of all the Blessing scents I’ve tried so far, Light came closest to something I could wear.  It was, well, light.  

Esteemed Contributor

@skittles2 

Considering your parameters, I would suggest 613 and Summer Honey Peach. The Summer Tropical also is very nice. On me, it's delicate and melon-y. I've often mixed my Wen fragrances, lightly layering and creating my own variations. 

Every body is different, many personal variables, plus you have the meds to contend with. There's really no way to know what will be most complimentary until you try for yourself. There's a .33oz spray available in the Peach and Tropical that you might consider. Peach, btw is my favorite. I'm thrilled with this scent and find it to be delightfully complex, fun and at times alluring. But more importantly, I love it and each and every other product in this scent.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Hi @skittles2 

I second that!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

Hi  all, 

To each of you a big THANK YOU! Great info and suggestions.

Summer Peach, Tropical Paradise, a few of the Blessings, and 613 are on my shopping list. I'll try the edp, cream, oil and mist- everything in the scent. Can't wait!

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy