WEN

Regular Contributor

The last few bottles that I've gotten have new pumps. Has anyone noticed this? They seem skinnier but longer. So long I keep thinking it won't fit, but maybe it'll do away with the no pump zone? 

Anyone have any insight?

Respected Contributor

I have gotten some of the new pumps in some of my 32 oz. size bottles. I have noticed they pump out more product. I don't have to use as many pumps. It seems like it pumps out double the amount of the older 32 oz. pumps. I'm not sure If it pumps more when you get to the bottom or not. 

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Regular Contributor

Awesome @Hilary77  Thank you for that insight! I appreciate it very much and look forward to using it now! 

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen any new pumps recently, but I've only gotten 16 oz bottles in the last couple months. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

@jaxs mom @Beautoxica I noticed these new pumps with 32oz bottles. The first time I noticed them was with the PJP in February. Then the March TSV had them as well, 319 & 613 32 oz bottles. As more of my TSVs arrive, I am using these pumps in my older 32 oz bottles. I agree it seems like double the amount with one pump. I also feel like the "no pump zone" has shrunk with these newer pumps. I think this is also why Chaz has changed from saying how many pumps to use to using golf ball size analogies. 

**Suz**
Honored Contributor

I did notice the 613 bottles got new pumps but my last 613 bottle was like 3 years ago LOL. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

I have just gone back to WEN this month and my hair is so much better! Love Honey Peach but noticed the pump size right away. It is longer and I can't pump it from my shower shelf any more as too tall and it does pump out more. I have to tip it forward and have learned once these fall, the pump breaks off so nerve wracking to try and get out what I need.  Hmmmmm, hope this change is to help get product at the bottom.

I am now confused as to how many pumps to use in my chin length hair. Used to use 5 but now 5 seems like too many? Suggestions please.

Regular Contributor

@Theresa1121 Chaz has been saying to use a golfball size amount. I just eyeball it. 

Super Contributor

@Theresa1121 _ welcome back to Wen!  Glad (but not surprised) your hair is loving it.  I've never had a pump break off, but I do recycle pumps (e.g., if I open a new bottle of the same formula I just finished I put the old pump in) just in case a pump ever does break.  Gosh, I sure have a lot of extra pumps!

I noticed the new pumps, too, and love them.  Less pumping.  But if you count your pumps instead of eyeballing the amount of product, it could be an adjustment.  I'm an eyeballer, not a pumper (yes, those are official terms), so I was thrilled to see more product come out with each pump!

Honored Contributor

@Theresa1121 welcome back to the wenderful world of Wen and to the Wen forum. -- That's great that Wen is working so well for your hair. 

Some of the Wen CC lines use a different pump than other Wen CC lines... and the pumps, from lines with different pumps, give out a different amount of CC per pump. 

Additionally, within each product line, each bottle size also dispenses a different amount of CC per pump (6oz size and 16oz size, versus 32oz size, versus gallon size). 

@posterchild makes an excellent recommendation about eyeballing the CC amount and using "golfball" quantities. 

If that's too confusing to do right now, then you can just read the instruction info on the back of the particular Wen CC bottle you are using... and that will give you a "number of pumps" recommendations for that particular bottle. Smiley Happy

Best of luck!!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy