WEN

Esteemed Contributor

I've never had problems with any WEN pumps but it's a complaint in many reviews, so I'm glad to see a new pump design in the newest WEN product.

I noticed the Bella Spirit pump has an extra stationery piece, a 'collar' that makes it easier to open the pump if you're trying to open it after it's in the bottle.

As always, it's easiest to unlock and open new cosmetic pumps before inserting them into the bottle. But once in a while I forget.

Super Contributor

I wish i could order without the pump. I could set  up shop and start selling pumps with the supply I have!

My last two WenKids gallon pumps have been duds for some reason, but I picked up the Flip It caps last year and usually use those on all my Wen.

Esteemed Contributor

@RipleyGirl wrote:

. . .

My last two WenKids gallon pumps have been duds for some reason, . . .

can you describe what's wrong with the two pumps you mentioned?

Respected Contributor

I rarely had problems with the other pumps, especially if I opened them before inserting in the bottle. I dislike the new ones because they are too tall to fit in my closet shelves. I'll try to keep my stash of pumps going as long as I can. Otherwise, I am going to have to come up with a whole new plan for my WEN storage!

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Esteemed Contributor

I've just been squeezing Bella Spirit out of the bottles, but decided to insert the pumps today, which is when I noticed the new design.

And, yep @Kjelle, they're too tall for their 'designated' spot in my WEN cupboard now.

I may have to opt for using old 319 pumps in the Bellas.

Respected Contributor

Hi Hedge.  I do the same thing!  Sometimes I forget too but yeah, the pumps on the Bella line seem better to me too.

Respected Contributor

Hi RipleyGirl, that happened to me one time.  The pump had too many parts and it came undone INSIDE the bottle.  You can imagine the mess when I tried to fix it but I got the Tropical Paradise gallon and that pump was MUCH better.  But yes, it did happen to me but years ago.  Sorry about what happened!  You can put the product in a 32 bottle, kind of transfer.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Pump Design

[ Edited ]

Oh I remember that @77yangya!

The tube wasn't inserted tightly in the pump, and the tube detached from the pump while inside the gallon.

Yes, I'd imagine it was messy trying to get ahold of that slippery tube as it floated around loose in the gallon of CC.

That's a good example, and goes right along with using two hands for unlocking & opening the pump before putting it in the bottle.

Only rarely have I gotten a pump that just wouldn't take product up the tube. In that case you have to prime the pump.

That's done by pumping several times while holding the pump sideways, completely submerged underwater, until it's taking up water and squirting it out.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I "open" the pump before inserting in the bottle. Had a few "oops" before I started doing that, lol.