WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: New Poster, Question Regarding Cucumber Thyme Oil

@CoCo87 wrote:

Hi everyone!

I'm brand new to the QVC boards.  I have been a loyal WEN user for the past 14 months.  Prior to that I used WEN in conjunction with traditional shampoo.  I use CA CC in my regular rotation. I've also used the CA SC and RTM in the past.  In a previous thread, I read where several people did not like the scent of the CT oil.  What in particular is off-putting about the oil?  I am hesitant to order the upcoming Sept TSV if the oil is very offensive.  Thanks!!

Hi CoCo87, and welcome to the Wen forum!!!!

i don't use the Wen oils so I can't share any info about the CA oil.

I have noticed some folks will cut the scent of a Wen oil which is too strong with a carrier oil such as jojoba oil.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

In my opinion the smell of the oil is very off putting. I have never used the CC, but I expected the oil to have a fresh green scent. I purchased it to use with BGT before they came out with BGT oil. However, I was highly disappointed with the loud smell. I think it is the Thyme that is the culprit. To me the smell of this oil resembled a sweet pickle, but I know smell is relative to the person. I will never ever buy this oil again. I can only use it if I am going jogging outdoors and know that I am going to hit the shower as soon as I get in.
Regular Contributor

Hi Susan.  I love the SHP oil!!  I haven't tried the SOB oil, but I love the CC.  I opted for the SHL oil this spring instead of SOB.  I hope that the SOB oil comes back to Chaz's website at some point so I can try it. 

Regular Contributor

Diva1Donna, your post cracked me up!!  Sweet pickles!   Smiley Very Happy

Regular Contributor

WenGirl, I'm glad the scent was fresh on your mind.  Smiley Happy  Thanks for your input.  I really appreciate it. 

Respected Contributor

@CoCo87 wrote:

Hi Susan.  I love the SHP oil!!  I haven't tried the SOB oil, but I love the CC.  I opted for the SHL oil this spring instead of SOB.  I hope that the SOB oil comes back to Chaz's website at some point so I can try it. 

I am hoping that some of the ancillary products will be offered on qvc next season so that we won't have to order them on the Chaz Dean site.  We should find out if qvc will offer any of the additional products for prior seasonals this fall.  It would be great if this happens.  If not Chaz will offer these products on his site.    

Esteemed Contributor

My hair doesn't do well with the CA CC BUT I love the oil and RTM, it's one of my core favorites.

Respected Contributor

@Susan25 wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

Hello,

I had as 1oz size of this oil avwhile back..

I liked it alot, i thought the scent was very light and pleasant..I dont use the CC so i cant compare it to that..

My favorite oil is the new CLV...(I am stock piling it)...😃

Did you try the SHP or SOB oil?  While I like all of the seasonals oils, I like both of these a bit more than the CLV oil.  I hope that one of these scents is offered as a fragrance sometime next year.  I have not tried the 613 fragrance and don't plan on purchasing the new upcoming FTP fragrance.  WWC is another scent that I would like to see offered as a fragrance. 

Hi Susan..!

I have not tried those oils..mabye i can try the SOB as i havent used that CC yet..

Thanks for the thought...

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the scent of the CA CC.  I haven't used the CA SC or RTM. The first time I used the CA oil, I was on the fence, as far as scent.  After the second time, I liked it.  I do leave it on overnight.  It does -  to me - smell more herbal than like cucumber.  However, I still think it smells "fresh and clean".  I think you'll like it.

Honored Contributor

CoCo87

Hello,

The Cucumber Aloe CC is too drying for my hair.  But, I love the oil and the RTM.

On the other hand I love the scent of 613, SHP & SHL which are very different style than CA.

Scent is such a personal thing, it's hard to make a recommendation for someone else, and unfortunately there is not an OIL tester kit!

OK - Shout out for WEN DOOTERS or how about an oil tester kit?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras