WEN

Regular Contributor

New Poster, Question Regarding Cucumber Thyme Oil

Hi everyone!

I'm brand new to the QVC boards.  I have been a loyal WEN user for the past 14 months.  Prior to that I used WEN in conjunction with traditional shampoo.  I use CA CC in my regular rotation. I've also used the CA SC and RTM in the past.  In a previous thread, I read where several people did not like the scent of the CT oil.  What in particular is off-putting about the oil?  I am hesitant to order the upcoming Sept TSV if the oil is very offensive.  Thanks!!

Honored Contributor

Re: New Poster, Question Regarding Cucumber Thyme Oil

I didn't like the Cucumber Thyme oil, but I also don't like the scent of the Cucumber Aloe cleansing conditioner. If you like that, you may be fine with the oil.

I find the scent of many of the oils to be very strong and too overpowering for me to sleep with them overnight, which has been my preferred way of doing oil treatmennts. I can't handle the scent of the Fig or the Pom oils  because they are too strong for me and I can't sleep with them on. Lately I've been using the stronger scented seasonal oils in the morning before I do a workout. I figure the heat of a strong sweat is probably just as good as sleeping with them overnight and then I wash my hair aafter the workout. It's been a great way to use up some of my stronger seasonal oils without the strong scents interferring with my sleep.

Trusted Contributor

I am a WEN girl for years now and this is the first product I absolutely hate. It smells sooooo horrible, each time I try to use it again and am reminded of how bad it smells, I have to cleanse my hair again.  I don't think it smells like the CA cleanding conditioner at all. I wish it did! It is a very, very, very pungent herbal medicinal smell (in a very bad way). I hate to say it, but it's really awful; I can't stand it. 

Regular Contributor

Thanks Chynna Blue!  I typically stay with the seasonal oils.  I generally cleanse my hair at night, so I typically do oil treatments if I have a rare day off, or I put the oil in my hair in the late afternoon before working out.  Thanks for responding!

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the vivid description, Karena!  I enjoy the smell of the CA CC and RTM. I find both scents to be very light.  I hate that light scent doesn't carry over to the oil.  This makes me concerned about ordering the Sept TSV.  I don't want to accrue a lot of oil that I won't use.  I currently have a 2oz POM oil, a 1oz SHP oil, and a 4oz SHL oil.  Does  anyone know if these scents could cut the pungency of the CT oil?  Thanks

Respected Contributor

The CA CC has a light, sweet cucumber smell I really like too.  I don't think the oil smells like the CC at all, but I don't find the oil objectionable either.  It's just different and yes, stronger.  To me, the Cucumber Thyme oil is heavy on the thyme and lighter on the cucumber.  I get a very pronounced (almost peppery) thyme scent that is so strong it almost smells like oregano.  So if you like the herbaceous smells of thyme and oregano, I think you will like the oil. 

Regular Contributor

Your description of the oil intrigues me, WenGirl.  I burn candles frequently in my home and I typically love herbaceous scents.  If these are the notes people are identifying in the oil, I understand their objections.  Herbaceous smells are not for everyone.  I think this could be a wonderful scent for the coming fall and winter.  Thanks for taking the time to respond.  You may have convinced me to order the Sept TSV in CA! 

Respected Contributor

Hello,

I had as 1oz size of this oil avwhile back..

I liked it alot, i thought the scent was very light and pleasant..I dont use the CC so i cant compare it to that..

My favorite oil is the new CLV...(I am stock piling it)...😃

Respected Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

Hello,

I had as 1oz size of this oil avwhile back..

I liked it alot, i thought the scent was very light and pleasant..I dont use the CC so i cant compare it to that..

My favorite oil is the new CLV...(I am stock piling it)...😃

Did you try the SHP or SOB oil?  While I like all of the seasonals oils, I like both of these a bit more than the CLV oil.  I hope that one of these scents is offered as a fragrance sometime next year.  I have not tried the 613 fragrance and don't plan on purchasing the new upcoming FTP fragrance.  WWC is another scent that I would like to see offered as a fragrance. 
Respected Contributor

@CoCo87 wrote:

Your description of the oil intrigues me, WenGirl.  I burn candles frequently in my home and I typically love herbaceous scents.  If these are the notes people are identifying in the oil, I understand their objections.  Herbaceous smells are not for everyone.  I think this could be a wonderful scent for the coming fall and winter.  Thanks for taking the time to respond.  You may have convinced me to order the Sept TSV in CA! 

I do think that is what people are not liking about the scent of the oil, but it sounds like you like earthier, herbal smells.  I do too.  I just did an oil treatment with cucumber thyme oil for a few hours on Sunday so the scent was very fresh (ha) in my memory Smiley Happy  I hope this helps. And I hope if you do order it, you like it!