WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: New Hope EDP with Gallon!

@rochelleS

Yes, I can smell honey, but it seems to be subtle to me.  This is a very warm fragrance and extremely rich, in my opinion.  It reminds me more of a masculine fragrance the longer I have it on.  It’s much too rich for me for this time of year.  Definitely a fall/winter scent.  But very nice.

Sorry, but I’m not very good at fragrance descriptions.  I’m sure someone else can describe it better for you.😉

Respected Contributor

Okay, I just got mine.  I thought I heard the truck.  This came UPS instead of handing off to the mail.  YAY.  Anyway, the Hope, to me, I smell vanilla, coconut and then it smells a bit warm and spicy but not over poweringly so.  I like it and I haven't even gotten down to the dry down.  I would not over do this while applying.  I tell ya, this is gonna be a hit.  I really like this one.  It has all kinds of notes and that's what I love in a scent.  This is gonna be great in CC and NBT and all the other Wen goodies!  Okay, I'm getting the dry down.  It's NICE!!!!!!   I really like this one.  So very different!!!!!  MMMM!!  Chaz, please make this in all the Wen goodies!!!!!!  This is kind of exotic!!! 

VERY sophisticated.  It's sweet, warm, spicy, a bit fruity, coconutty and other smells that are nice but I don't what they are!  MsMandy is right.  GREAT for fall!

Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@rochelleS

Yes, I can smell honey, but it seems to be subtle to me.  This is a very warm fragrance and extremely rich, in my opinion.  It reminds me more of a masculine fragrance the longer I have it on.  It’s much too rich for me for this time of year.  Definitely a fall/winter scent.  But very nice.

Sorry, but I’m not very good at fragrance descriptions.  I’m sure someone else can describe it better for you.😉

@geezerette

Thank you very much! Your description is very helpful. It'll be interesting to read how others will respond to this edp once their gallons have been received. I'm well stocked so an order isn't in my needs at this time.

It is somewhat difficult too, to try a cool weather designed scent as we bloom into our summer season. I can appreciate that.

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS

Well, I’m afraid I’m going to have to totally amend my description of the Hope scent!  After letting it sit for a few days, settle and reach room temperature, the scent is very different!

When I first reapplied it, all I could smell was a “green” fragrance.  But after a few minutes, it morphed back into the original scent only much more subtle and lighter than when I tried it after it first arrived.  It definitely could be worn now with the lighter fragrance.

I’ve learned this in the past with Chaz’ fragrances—not to judge them on first arrival.  They need to settle.  But I never can wait!😄

Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@rochelleS

Well, I’m afraid I’m going to have to totally amend my description of the Hope scent!  After letting it sit for a few days, settle and reach room temperature, the scent is very different!

When I first reapplied it, all I could smell was a “green” fragrance.  But after a few minutes, it morphed back into the original scent only much more subtle and lighter than when I tried it after it first arrived.  It definitely could be worn now with the lighter fragrance.

I’ve learned this in the past with Chaz’ fragrances—not to judge them on first arrival.  They need to settle.  But I never can wait!😄

@geezerette

Thanks for your update. I agree with you in that scent does change. It'll morph as the notes develop, unwinding with time which can vary. Our body chemistry and Ph play a large role too in how it'll finish on us. I definitely have different sensory experiences using the same fragrance. Ultimely ending with the same pleasure I enjoy, I notice a "popping" like sensation as the notes open greeting me as they start their journey. It's pretty trippy. And I love it! 

I think the green you sensed is the chamomile. I don't know where the clove is, ie  top, mid or base notes but for me I hope it will not dominate this fragrance with my chemistry. I had that happen with the Wen Men edp. Much too much clove that on me overpowered the other notes, sadly.

Overall, this Hope sounds very inviting. I look forward to the debut. I appreciate your coming back with the update. This is sounding so nice to me!  Thanks again!

Occasional Contributor

I GOT THE HOPE EDP SAMPLE ALSO.  IT IS SO WARM, I CAN SMELL THE VANILLA & COCOONUT.  IT IS A PERFECT SCENT FOR THE FALL & WINTER MONTHS,,,ITS LIKE GETTING BIG HUG WHEN YOU APPLY IT.  ANOTHER GREAT SMELLING EDP BY CHAZ.... I THINK ITS GOING TO BE A BIG HIT LIKE MANY OF HIS OTJER SCENTS.   HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Respected Contributor

I got my "Hope" sample this week, and it's another winner! Must be my chemistry, but I love this for summer. It dries down to a lovely, light, sort of creamy vanilla coconut with the nutmeg background. It smells very beachy to me.  It is not as long lasting as "Love," which lasts all day, and which I can still smell faintly the next morning. But it is longer lasting than the original 613. "Hope" lasted about 6 hours on me yesterday. 

Honored Contributor

I just received my TT gallon and Hope sample. I swear I can’t stop sniffing my arm! Chaz just nails it with every new fragrance he designs!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

It sounds like everyone is loving the new "Hope" fragrance, I'm really looking forward to getting a large bottle of it!  I didn't spring for Light or Love, they didn't  smell good enough on me to out-shine Summer Honey Peach edp, but Hope, I AM going to order that, it's lucious AND different enough from SHP that I need it!