WEN

Respected Contributor

I got my SMC bottle today, and instead of samples of products, I got "peel & sniff" cards, a big one of all the Blessings perfumes, and a small one of the two new formulas that will be introduced in September, Pumkin Pecan Latte and Winter Chocolate Truffle.  I have no idea if they will contain the honey compound to which I'm allergic, so I don't know if I will be able to use them, but they both smelled lovely in their own ways.  The Fall scent is pure pecan and coffee to me, I don't smell the pumpkin at all, but wow is it yummy and warming, perfect for those chilly fall days, and the Winter is choc-oh-lahttt, it makes me want to pour a bottle of Hershey's syrup down my throat it is so mouthwatering!  I really hope I can use it, and for those who find WVM too minty, it might be a great mixer to bump up the chocolate in the blend, or to use 100% when you want to soak in a hot tub of hot chocolate.

Honored Contributor

Re: New Fall & Winter formulas

@CamilleP 

Sounds delicious!  😋

Maybe they don't have the formulas ready in the CC yet so just sent the sniff samples.

I had heard the new winter was going to also have hazelnut as well as the chocolate.  Do you smell any of that?

Respected Contributor

I didn't, @geezerette , all I got was the overwhelming chocolate scent.  If there were hazelnut in it, I'd be even more interested in it, I hope it doesn't have the honey complex in it!  For that matter, I'd love to use the new fall formula, too, but only time will tell what the ingredient stack is, so I know if I can use either.  I wonder if the new formulas will be available in gallons, since they will debut in the same month as Chaz anticipates bringing the gallons back to the Q? 

Honored Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

I didn't, @geezerette , all I got was the overwhelming chocolate scent.  If there were hazelnut in it, I'd be even more interested in it, I hope it doesn't have the honey complex in it!  For that matter, I'd love to use the new fall formula, too, but only time will tell what the ingredient stack is, so I know if I can use either.  I wonder if the new formulas will be available in gallons, since they will debut in the same month as Chaz anticipates bringing the gallons back to the Q? 

@CamilleP 

No word on any of that yet.  

And when questions about what QVC will get back in stock come up, Chaz always says he doesn't know.

Honored Contributor

@CamilleP 

Thanks for sharing the new scents with us!  I'm a Spring/Summer lover so those will be a no-go for me.  I do love the FFA & FPP, but I can pass on all the winter scents.  I did like last winter's WWB, but my true loves are Spring/Summer.  My favorite Blessings are Love, Faith & Hope.  I tried the sample packs of Wisdom & Honesty and I liked them but not enough to buy the 32 oz.  I'm definitely a floral & fruity girl so I'll stick with those.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Glad I could offer some useful info, @SurferWife .  I'm really a Fall/Winter fan, but there are some, like SOB and SHP that I also adore.  Sadly, few of any of the seasonals don't have the honey compound in them, so I haven't even tried many of the currently available CC's.  If Chaz discontinues the few I love and can use, I'll have to go back to TT and Fig in the classics and settle for those, even though I don't love the smell of either.  I hope that day never comes!

Just out of curiosity, is your birthday in the Spring or Summer?  I've always attributed my love of all things Fall and Winter (not just Chaz's seasonal CC's) to the fact that I'm a January baby, so I would have been modestly aware of the world for the first time in the Autumn, and born in the Winter.  The world feels "right" to me in those seasons.

Honored Contributor

@CamilleP 

I'm a May baby (20th).  Just celebrated last weekend.  I think I would like the Fall/Winter more if I lived in a place that had 4 seasons.  We are sunny & 85 year-round, so it always feels like summer, whether or not I want it to.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Yeah, between Hawaii and being a May baby, it's not surprising you lean towards the Spring/Summer formulas.  I wonder if we could take a poll of WEN users on Facebook or wherever most of the posters on this forum have migrated to to see if the birthdate/seasonal preference link holds?

Honored Contributor

@CamilleP 

I never really gave that much thought, but all my life, even as a younger girl, I have always gravitated to florals, fruits, which coincide with Chaz's Spring/Summer scents.

Most of the WEN ladies migrated over to ProBoards.  I went for a while, but it was just too much to keep up with, so I'm sticking around here.

Respected Contributor

I think I checked out Pro-Boards when the Q first started rattling sabers about dropping it's forum boards, but the WEN forum had not been started yet.  Maybe I should check it out again?  Anyway, thank for getting back to me, @SurferWife .  I sure hope the new fall and winter formulas don't have the honey compounds in them, so we can all at least give them a try.  That chocolate scent might tempt even you, fruits and florals notwithstanding. 

Oh shoot, the Corky's ribs TSV made me hungry a few minutes ago, and now I want chocolate, LOL!