WEN

Respected Contributor

New Dyson convert, I admit I was wrong!

Back when the Dyson hair dryer was a TSV I decided I didn't blow dry my hair often enough to make it worth buying.  I was wrong.  My usual routine is taking a shower and cleansing my hair right before going to bed at night, since I usually ride my exercise bike in the evening, watching TV.  I have been going to bed with my hair still quite damp, if not dripping, since I use a t-shirt material turban to soak up some of the water after showering.  I was trying to come up with something DH could get me for Christmas this year, and offered the Dyson dryer as one option, and he went for it.  It arrived yesterday, and we went ahead and opened it, so I tried it last night.  One word review:  WOW.  I think I got my chin-length bob dry in about 4 minutes last night, using a Wen round brush to turn the ends under.  I've never had my hair look so good unless it was done at a professional salon.  Sleeping on it didn't do it much good, but a light dampening with some RTM this morning and a touch-up with the brush and the Dyson brought it back to perfection.  No more going to bed with a wet head for me, the Dyson works so fast I'll rough dry it every night, and style it with RTM if  I feel like it the next morning.  The air speed is apparantly fast enough that I don't need anywhere near as much heat from the dryer to get the job done.  I'm very impressed, between WEN, a good cut, and a good blow dryer, my hair looks like the "after" photos from one of Chaz's shows.  Thank you foremost to Chaz Dean, but also props to Peter Dyson!

Respected Contributor

Re: New Dyson convert, I admit I was wrong!

Hey!  Good for you, CamilleP!!  That's great!  What a fabulous gift too!  I use SuperSalano and another one that's 2,200 watts.  They are both VERY heavy though.  I'm happy with their performance.  I would not mind trying the Dyson though!  The Dyson looks really light weight and nice and small, egonomically easy to use.  Lucky you!!!

Respected Contributor

Well, Yangya, when I picked up the box off the porch I was worried, I admit, because the box was very heavy.  However, most of the weight turned out to be in the leather carrying case they sent with the dryer.  While the cord is very heavy-duty, the dryer itself is very light and easy to use.  That short nozzle, even with an attachment (magnetic, easy to use) makes it easier to point the air where you want it to go, you don't have to stretch your arms and kink your wrists and almost do contortions to get the air on the hair without frying it.  That's the two big benefits from my point of view, that short nozzle and light weight.  The very variable heat and air speed controls help, too, of course.  The low heat is so low I could probably skip styling creme, but I won't.

Super Contributor

I've skipped it for the same reason - I hardly ever blow dry my hair, but if it's easier than using a regular hair dryer (being as I'm so hamfisted with them usually), I might be tempted.

I have to say though *tsk tsk* to opening your present early Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I have never, ever done anything with a blow dryer that turned out right, styling-wise, until I got this Dyson, RipleyGirl, so you might be successful with it as well.  That light weight and short barrel make a huge difference in ease of use.  And re: opening it early, DH's holiday present was a ticket to a Mannheim Steamroller Christmas concert, and that was on Nov. 26th, so he got his earlier than I got mine.   I think he'll survive me jumping the gun a bit.  Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

RipleyGirl's a riot!!!!  Anyway, I thought it was a light weight dryer.  I would love to get that but can't right now.  That's great you got it as a gift!!!  YAY!!!!! 

Love how she said tsk tsk to opening the present early!   LOL!!! Very cute!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I air-dry, very rarely use my hair dryer anymore. I plop (curly girl technique) after cleansing. I read @World Traveler‘s post in which she mentioned Chaz thinks the diffuser for the Dyson dryer is great. If I still diffused every day I’d get it, but I can’t justify the expense since I get such great results from Plopping & Air-drying. I’m glad @CamilleP is loving it!

Merry Christmas to all!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I absolutely love mine. My hair takes 8 hours + to air dry unless it's summer with a breeze and I'm outside. I've had my Dyson dryer for about eight months. I've used it 99% of the time instead of air drying. It's fast, easy, light, my hair never gets sucked into the intake and I've had zero damage. In fact I don't even think I've cut my hair since I got the dryer. Maybe once. I do use the Wen SC as heat protectant though. 

It was worth every penny to me. And I'm really glad I bought it with the hard leather case for storage and travel. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval