WEN

Trusted Contributor

Re: Never Got Fig or Pomegranate. Could Someone Describe The Scents?

I haven't used Fig yet, so I can't help you there. I have used POM a lot over the years and it performs well for me. My mom and I first tried it at the same time. She found the scent far too sweet and she gave the rest of hers to me. I didn't have a problem with the scent and continued to use it for a long time. It is kind of sweet and since I have started using the seasonals, I have found lots of other scents that I prefer with similar performance. But this TSV is such a good deal that I ordered the POM. I've tried the oil and I do think the rosemary is a nice balance to the sweetness.

Contributor

I picked up the Fig TSV.  I have ash blonde highlighted hair that is normal to dry, wavy, fine.  I have used the Summer Honey Peach and thought it was good for summer but not enough moisture for fall or winter. So far all I've ordered is the seasonals in SHP, Fall Ginger Pumpkin, Winter Vanilla Mint, Coconut Lime Verbena. I really love them all, but the most moisturizing CCs were the FGP and WVM. 

I really wanted to try one of these TSV kits because they are a such a good value and I chose Fig because of my dry hair. I used it once and returned it yesterday.  I really couldn't stand the medicinal fragrance and to be honest, it was not as moisturizing for me as the Ginger Pumpkin or Vanilla Mint.  Years ago someone gave me the Sweet Almond Mint but I don't even remember using it, so it must not have made an impression. Anyway, the one thing that I did like about the kit was the treatment oil, I think that it had orange in it so it smelled lovely, and helped put some more moisture back into my hair, but I didn't want to keep all the other products just for the one oil. I was surprised that Fig was not moisturizing enough for me, so many people have recommended it. I suppose it's really an individual thing. 

Honored Contributor

@BUCKEYE_815 wrote:

I picked up the Fig TSV.  I have ash blonde highlighted hair that is normal to dry, wavy, fine.  I have used the Summer Honey Peach and thought it was good for summer but not enough moisture for fall or winter. So far all I've ordered is the seasonals in SHP, Fall Ginger Pumpkin, Winter Vanilla Mint, Coconut Lime Verbena. I really love them all, but the most moisturizing CCs were the FGP and WVM. 

I really wanted to try one of these TSV kits because they are a such a good value and I chose Fig because of my dry hair. I used it once and returned it yesterday.  I really couldn't stand the medicinal fragrance and to be honest, it was not as moisturizing for me as the Ginger Pumpkin or Vanilla Mint.  Years ago someone gave me the Sweet Almond Mint but I don't even remember using it, so it must not have made an impression. Anyway, the one thing that I did like about the kit was the treatment oil, I think that it had orange in it so it smelled lovely, and helped put some more moisture back into my hair, but I didn't want to keep all the other products just for the one oil. I was surprised that Fig was not moisturizing enough for me, so many people have recommended it. I suppose it's really an individual thing. 

@Buckeye815 Welcome to the Wen forum and the wenderful world of Wen!!! Smiley Happy 

That's a shame that the FIG scent didn't work for you. I'm glad the Seasoanls work so well for you. I really like them too and they all worked well on my hair. 

Since the Treatment Oil in the Wen TSV worked so well for you, do you think you might try another scent? If you do, then I'd recommend the Tea Tree (TT). It does have a sort of medicinal scent but most Wenners find that it's great for their hair and get over the scent pretty quickly. And while the scent is a bit medicinal, it's not artificial or overly sweet. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Contributor

Thanks, Bebe.  I picked up the summer honey peach from CD website and snagged the CLV before the end of August, of course I already picked up the FGP too!  I wonder if the Fall Tuscan pear scent in the styling cream will go with the ginger pumpkin oil. So many scents, so little cabinet space!  I really love Wen and my daughter adores it too. My hair Ina's always been really healthy, but the winters are rough and Wen made a big difference in maintenance for me. 

Respected Contributor

@BUCKEYE_815 wrote:

Thanks, Bebe.  I picked up the summer honey peach from CD website and snagged the CLV before the end of August, of course I already picked up the FGP too!  I wonder if the Fall Tuscan pear scent in the styling cream will go with the ginger pumpkin oil. So many scents, so little cabinet space!  I really love Wen and my daughter adores it too. My hair Ina's always been really healthy, but the winters are rough and Wen made a big difference in maintenance for me. 

The seasonal scents are the best.  I love them but I do find that tea tree is the best to use as an overnight treatment on my hair.  

Contributor

I may have to pick it up this weekend, thanks Bebe for the recommendation. You are sweet to take the time. 

Spoiler
Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

Pom smells good but very light and the oil reminds me of cherry cough syrup. It is a good smelling oil it just does not smell like pomograniate to me.  The fig oil smells horrible. I ordered the oil once and you can smell it threw the packaging. The office lady that took delivery said it smelled like a corpse  and it does kinda.  it was worse than limburger cheese. But i know it smells good to a lot of people I am just saying how me and others around me think of it.  Since I am not a wenner  some will think i am bad mouthing wen on pourpose but i am not. it is an honest perception that I have of fig. i really do think it smells bad.  The actuall fig cleansing conditioner is not as bad. I tried a sample once. 

Honored Contributor

@BUCKEYE_815 wrote:

I may have to pick it up this weekend, thanks Bebe for the recommendation. You are sweet to take the time. 

Spoiler
Cat Happy

@Buckeye815 Thank you for the thanks. Tea Tree was my first "go to" Wen CC, and while I've changed up my routine TT is always a great workhorse to have around. 

Enjoy this weekend, and have fun watching and learning from Chaz!!! 

-- bebe :0

Respected Contributor

@butterflygirl69 wrote:

I'm glad you asked this.  I have wanted to try fig, but was concerned about the scent of the RTM and oil since those products leave a lasting scent.   I was debating trying it by getting the TSV tomorrow.   I got the SAM because I know that I like that scent and formula.

POM is what I usually use in the core formulas  but I do not like the scent of the oil at all.   The rosemary scent is really strong and gives me a headache. The CC smell is nice and light. I won't be getting it in the TSV simply because I can't stand the smell of the oil.

@butterflygirl69 The Fig RTM and oil aren't that strong in my opinion. The RTM smells like the CC but without the strong menthol scent. I love the oil. It has the fig scent but with the sweet orange added to it. It's not sweet like the POM oil, though. That one I also couldn't stand.

Regular Contributor

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and great descriptions of the scents and how each work for you!  I did order another TSV in Sweet Almond Mint. I hope there will be some great One Time Only's since there are a few more Wen shows before the end of the day. Does anyone have any knowledge if and what they might be?  Thanks again!