WEN

Frequent Contributor

Need recommendations for after color repair

Hey all, so yesterday I got my hair professionally colored for the first time in years and my hair (while the color is pretty) feels like straight up straw!! I actually cant even deal with how bad my hair feels. I dont know if it was the shampoo, the styling product they used or the fact that they did like 3 glazes or maybe all of the above but I need to fix this asap! So what do you wenners recommend? I have the oils but I dont have the mask... what do you think I should use? Should I treat with the oils and see? Or should I buy a mask and use that?

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need recommendations for after color repair

For your immediate repair needs- I'd use the oils!! 

Valued Contributor

Remoist for sure.

Frequent Contributor

Ok thanks I think I will try the oils since I have them and if my hair still feels rough I wil buy the Remoist. 

Honored Contributor

I like to do a 613 treatment a day or two before coloring, then wash with 613 and do a Remoist treatment after coloring.

If you don't have Remoist, order some for next time. In the meantime, check your local Walgreens, CVS, Target, or Ulta Stores for any of these items by Shea Moisture:

Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque (yellow/gold label)

Super Fruit 10-in-1 Renewal System Hair Masque (pink/purple label)

Yucca & Plantain Anti-Breakage Strengthening Masque (olive green label)

Those are all great deep treatment masks you can get for about $13 each. Any of them would help you out until you can get some Remoist. If you have a Sephora store near you, you might be able to get some Remoist there, but it will cost more there than QVC, so I'd go with the Shea Moisture masks instead.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't color my hair but the remoist does more for treating my hair & making it soft than the oils do. It's Well worth doing & if you do ebay you can usually get a great deal on it, probably get it faster too. Pick a top rated seller, they usually ship in one day.

Honored Contributor

@FleaMktQn wrote:

I don't color my hair but the remoist does more for treating my hair & making it soft than the oils do. It's Well worth doing & if you do ebay you can usually get a great deal on it, probably get it faster too. Pick a top rated seller, they usually ship in one day.

I agree with this. The way I see it, Remoist is good for the hair already on your head and oils are good for the scalp and the hair you're about to have. Color affects the length of your hair much more than the roots because the longer your hair is on your head, the more exposed to color and other elements it is. That hair needs remoist more than oils.

Frequent Contributor

Well ladies, I did an oil treatment left it on overnight (which I never do) and then cleansed with my new FTP and even after the SC, mousee and RM my hair still feels slightly rough. I hate it lol I think Im spoiled since my hair was like silk before the color and now its not. Im going to cave and see what kind of remoist masks QVC has. I thought that they had a set but I have to check. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@FleaMktQn wrote:

I agree with this. The way I see it, Remoist is good for the hair already on your head and oils are good for the scalp and the hair you're about to have. Color affects the length of your hair much more than the roots because the longer your hair is on your head, the more exposed to color and other elements it is. That hair needs remoist more than oils.

@littlepixie I'm so sorry that your hair is in bad shape. As others have mentioned, remoist is the way to go. 

Below are the two best current remoist values. Probably by the time you read this the CC/Remoist duo price will have gone up, but it's still a very good value. 

Best of luck!!

-- bebe Smiley Happy  Wen FAQ - Wen 101 - New Wen products & special values - Wen Quick Links Wen News - periscope - QVC WEN forum - October Chat 2015 -- Wen Abbreviations Glossary -- 10/16 - 10/20 wen shows & hits per Dooters -

___

___

Frequent Contributor

thanks @bebe777!! Actually i noticed these were the only two sets with the remoist. I have an embarrasing amount of CC so I couldnt justify getting the first package but I ordered the second set with the oil. I actually dont like the BGT so I ordered the IMF I hope I like the scent! I can always use oils!