WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: Need help figuring out which TSV option to go with

@HSB1204 wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@ANewHue wrote:

@orclin@bebe777 gave you great advice.  My hair is the exact opposite of yours but I would recommend sweet almond.  It's very moisturizing, gives great body and it's a good scent as well.  Tea tree is a staple, I always use that on my scalp for my first cleanse. I would try that ODO with the 5 16 oz classic cleansers and maybe pick up the tea tree or Sam TS as @bebe777 recommend.

@ANewHue when I first started using Wen my baby fine hair had been so destroyed by using shampoo that I couldn't even use more than a 1/4 pump (from the 16oz bottle) of CC as a leave in. Otherwise it weighed my hair down. Yikes! Shampoo bad!!! Wen wenderful!!! Smiley Happy

Fig CC still weighs my hair down, but last year I tried the Sweet Almond Mint (SAM) CC again and now it works well for my hair (in 2010-14, it weighed my hair down). I really like SAM now, but I need the Wen lines that have the amino acid complex for my baby fine hair. Smiley Happy

@bebe777  It's interesting that FIG still weighs down your hair but you can use SAM now. My hair only seems to like FIG in the winter time. Even though FIG is supposed to be the most moisturizing I almost find SAM more moisturizing.

@HSB1204 I don't know for sure that FIG still weighs my hair down since I haven't tried it again after 2014 (I started using Wen in 2010). -- I retried Sweet Almond Mint (SAM) when I got the SAM CC in a great TSV value... for the SAM Treatment Oil. Smiley Wink

What actually happened was that FIG and Sweet Almond Mint would actually leak out of my estremely porous hair (it took me 3-4 years to finally figure that out). So the heaviness was really a co-factor in this leaking process. 

The way I finally figured this out was that I started noticing that the length of my hair (right down to the very ends) would get greasy within 1-2 days... hence, the leaking.

Now that my hair is in better shape -- all those 613 leave-ins and 613 CC overnight hair (versus scalp) treatments have probably made my hair less porous -- SAM no longer leaks in my hair. I'm really hesitant to retry FIG becasue the FIG leaks were even worse than the SAM leaks. lol, one of these days I'll give FIg another spin. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@ANewHue wrote:

@orclin@bebe777 gave you great advice.  My hair is the exact opposite of yours but I would recommend sweet almond.  It's very moisturizing, gives great body and it's a good scent as well.  Tea tree is a staple, I always use that on my scalp for my first cleanse. I would try that ODO with the 5 16 oz classic cleansers and maybe pick up the tea tree or Sam TS as @bebe777 recommend.

@ANewHue when I first started using Wen my baby fine hair had been so destroyed by using shampoo that I couldn't even use more than a 1/4 pump (from the 16oz bottle) of CC as a leave in. Otherwise it weighed my hair down. Yikes! Shampoo bad!!! Wen wenderful!!! Smiley Happy

Fig CC still weighs my hair down, but last year I tried the Sweet Almond Mint (SAM) CC again and now it works well for my hair (in 2010-14, it weighed my hair down). I really like SAM now, but I need the Wen lines that have the amino acid complex for my baby fine hair. Smiley Happy

@bebe777  It's interesting that FIG still weighs down your hair but you can use SAM now. My hair only seems to like FIG in the winter time. Even though FIG is supposed to be the most moisturizing I almost find SAM more moisturizing.

@HSB1204 I don't know for sure that FIG still weighs my hair down since I haven't tried it again after 2014 (I started using Wen in 2010). -- I retried Sweet Almond Mint (SAM) when I got the SAM CC in a great TSV value... for the SAM Treatment Oil. Smiley Wink

What actually happened was that FIG and Sweet Almond Mint would actually leak out of my estremely porous hair (it took me 3-4 years to finally figure that out). So the heaviness was really a co-factor in this leaking process. 

The way I finally figured this out was that I started noticing that the length of my hair (right down to the very ends) would get greasy within 1-2 days... hence, the leaking.

Now that my hair is in better shape -- all those 613 leave-ins and 613 CC overnight hair (versus scalp) treatments have probably made my hair less porous -- SAM no longer leaks in my hair. I'm really hesitant to retry FIG becasue the FIG leaks were even worse than the SAM leaks. lol, one of these days I'll give FIg another spin. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777  I don't use SAM very often but I do like the CC and the oil is great too. Cat Happy

I have low porosity hair so I have the opposite problem and my hair is actually trying to keep products out. It doesn't sound like you need FIG so you're probably better off not trying it. Cat Happy I used to get highlights without bleach but it just didn't lighten my hair enough so I went back to bleach (sorry Chaz!), but my hairdresser did a great job without damaging my hair. It's always dry, though, since it's also wavy so I need all the moisture I can get. Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:
@orclin, I also have hair that is thick, coarse, curly-wavy, plus mine is severely dry.
I was wondering, on the days after washing, does your hair become progressively dryer or more oily?
Here's Chaz's 'product recommender'.
http://chazdean.com/recommender/

@x Hedge and @orclin , while the Product Recommender at Chaz's site can be helpful, it's left a number of us a bit puzzled with it's suggestions.

However I tweak my responses fro what my hair needs, Lavender always is the number one suggestion... and Lavender turns my baby fine hair into a frizzy fireball (it's not a pretty site). -- I've tried almost all of Chaz's CCs and the Recommender suggests the CCs that work the least well for my hair. 

If I remember correctly, it never suggests lines that work best for my hair: Restoratives, 613/319, and Seasonals. -- The results leave me puzzled.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777  Just for fun I tried the product recommender again and it seems pretty accurate in my case. It recommended FIG, POM and 319. I think that's what it recommended the last time too so I apparently know how to get the magical answers to get the 319 that it never recommends to you. Cat Wink

@HSB1204 once again, here are my top three results:

* Pomegranate -- It's ok, but it's a Classic and doesn't have the amino acid complex

* Lavender -- turns my baby fine hair into a Halloween fright fest. It's really scary

* Fig -- ???????? Really???? ????? -- maybe that's why some of the Wen haters always talk about how Wen makes their hair greasy (lol, just kidding, but see my prior post.

___

Ok @HSB1204 you've cranked me up and now I'm on a roll. Soooooooo.... now I'm going to list my Wen preference list from top choices to Wen formulas my hair wants to run away from:

* Top, crazy wenderful choices -- Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) and 319

* really close second string -- 613

* second string (BGT was my fave, until MIF and 319 were created) -- Wen Men (which is way underappreciated, just ask @77yangya ), Bamboo Green Tea (BGT)

* essential to rotate in when I'm doing a lot of long distance commuting and don't have time to do regular Tea Tree overnight Treatment Oil Treatments -- Tea Tree cleansing conditioner -- which was my fave way back when Chaz only had a Classics line and only 6 different cleansing conditioners

* really great -- all the Seasonals which work equally well (so I rate by the scents that I like best) -- Spring Orange Blossom, Spring Gardenia Green Tea, Fall Apple Spice, Winter Cranberry Mint, Winter White Citrus, Fall Ginger Pumpkin, Summer Honey Peach, Fall Tuscan Pear, Summer Mango Coconut, Pink Jasmine Peony (just like a Seasonal), Spring Honey Lilac, Winter Vanilla Mint, Winter Red Currant, Fall Vanilla White Pumpkin, Summer Coconut Lime Verbena

* Classics (besides Tea Tree) that are fine, but don't have the amino acid complex that my baby fine hair desperately needs -- Sweet Almond Mint, Pomegranate, Cucumber Aloe

* Wen Kids -- for whatever reason, I do find these rice based formulas a bit drying, but just a teeny bit drying... but if these were the only Wen formulas available I'd still be a very happy Wenner -- Watermelon, Strawberry/Banana, Apple

And finally, the two Wen cleansing conditioner formulas that my baby fine hair hides from...

* dramatic drum roll, for effect *

* Halloween frizzy fright fest -- Lavender

* Texas Oil Slick (for the full length of my hair -- Fig

lol, @HSB1204 I think this chart speaks for itself. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Contributor

Thanks again for all your help! Smiley Very Happy

Contributor

AD for sure with a price like this!  Figured I could always cancel if I don't care for the formulas but if I do like them, I'll be set for quite a while and at a bargain price Smiley Very Happy

Contributor

Mine is dry too.  I forgot to mention that in my description.  And yes, my hair does seem to get drier after a few days.  Ironic considering how humid it is here (TX) 6 months of the year.  I was thinking about trying the 613 dry oil spray but figured that would make my hair worse due to the amino acids.

Contributor

Heh, thanks for the warning Smiley Wink  I'm always open to suggestion so enable away!

Contributor

I tried that reccomender last year and found the results questionable too.  That's why I checked in with you all--first hand knowledge can't be beat!

Contributor

Doh!  I thought I was responding to your individual posts directly but apparently it didn't quite work out that way!  They should probably revoke my "contributor" status until I figure out how to post correctly Smiley Embarassed