WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: Need help figuring out which TSV option to go with

@ANewHue wrote:

@orclin@bebe777 gave you great advice.  My hair is the exact opposite of yours but I would recommend sweet almond.  It's very moisturizing, gives great body and it's a good scent as well.  Tea tree is a staple, I always use that on my scalp for my first cleanse. I would try that ODO with the 5 16 oz classic cleansers and maybe pick up the tea tree or Sam TS as @bebe777 recommend.

@ANewHue when I first started using Wen my baby fine hair had been so destroyed by using shampoo that I couldn't even use more than a 1/4 pump (from the 16oz bottle) of CC as a leave in. Otherwise it weighed my hair down. Yikes! Shampoo bad!!! Wen wenderful!!! Smiley Happy

Fig CC still weighs my hair down, but last year I tried the Sweet Almond Mint (SAM) CC again and now it works well for my hair (in 2010-14, it weighed my hair down). I really like SAM now, but I need the Wen lines that have the amino acid complex for my baby fine hair. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@orclin wrote:

Okay, I went with the TSV in both TT and SAM.  I love the scents of most of the seasonal's but suspect they'd be too drying for my hair and I like the idea of trying all the classics but my budget just couldn't handle everything I want.  Thank you all so much for taking the time to make suggestions!!

@orclin YAY!!! Smiley Happy

I think you made an excellent decision!!! Great value and all time best prices!! Smiley Happy

If you ever see a great value on Pomegranate -- and Chaz frequently has them -- I think you should also give that a try. It's soy-based unlike the other Classic formulas which are all wheat-based, so you'd get to compare them.

Since you don't need volume, I'd suggest that you stay away from Lavender. It adds volume but, for a lot of folks, it also adds frizz and it's the formula that the most Wenners have problems with. -- The Cucumber Aloe (the last of the Classics formulas) is one that you probably won't need. It's the most astringent and is the one that Chaz developed for teenagers with oily scalps. 

Once you get your new supply, feel free to check in to ask any questions you have.

Best of luck (though you won't need it!)!!

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@bebe777  your hair is like mine.   I haven't used FIG since I began my wen journey and I honestly don't remember how my hair liked it.  Sam was one I originally started with but hadn't used it in years.  About three or so years ago I got sentimental and ordered some during a TSV.  I was wowed , I almost always use TT on my scalp first cleanse and incorporate SAm in the 2nd.  I'll tell you though, I cannot be without my 319 I use it each and every cleanse and would never think of passing it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@orclin. You made great choices.  Did you go with auto delivery?  Just want to Welcome you to the Wenderful world of Wen but I must warn you we are a group of enablers.

Honored Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:

@bebe777  your hair is like mine.   I haven't used FIG since I began my wen journey and I honestly don't remember how my hair liked it.  Sam was one I originally started with but hadn't used it in years.  About three or so years ago I got sentimental and ordered some during a TSV.  I was wowed , I almost always use TT on my scalp first cleanse and incorporate SAm in the 2nd.  I'll tell you though, I cannot be without my 319 I use it each and every cleanse and would never think of passing it.  

@ANewHue I agree, our hair sounds very similar. Smiley Happy

Thanks to Wen making my porous/limp/fragile baby finehair healthy, I can use any of the Wen formulas except for FIG (haven't tried FIG since 2014 when my original bottle of FIG went bad after being open for 4-5 years).

A few years back I bought a 32oz Sweet Almond Mint (SAM) CC becasue it was in a 4-piece Wen TSV for $65 which included a 4oz bottle of the SAM Treatment Oil that I . wanted to try. I figured that I was getting the 32oz SAM CC for free so I picked it up. -- I probably waited for a few years before I finally opened it lol! After my negative experiences with SAM, I wasn't in any hurry to try it again. It worked really well/, so well that I would have added it to my "go to" list if it had had the amino acid complex in it.

Once Chaz started making formulas that had the amino acid complex in it, I basically stopped using the Tea Tree (TT) formula. TT CC really helped normalize my oily scalp, but Chaz's TT Treatment Oil worked even better. -- As you know, due to family issues, I've been doing a lot of long distance commuting for the past two years. My scalp started getting a bit oilier because frequently I didn't have time to do overnight oil treatments. -- So these days I rotate TT CC into my routine every second ord third time I cleanse my hair.

The three best Wen formulas for me are the to Restoratives: Mandarin Italian Fig and it's Fragrance Free counterpart. -- 319 CC (with maximum amino acids) is my other favorite thought I'll use 613 CC in a pinch.

I love my Seasonals, so I'm always rotating all of them in. Smiley Wink

My leave in routine is always 613 CC and 613 Moussie moo... and Styling Cream and Volumizing Treatemtn Spray (I'm a real fan).

bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@orclin, I also have hair that is thick, coarse, curly-wavy, plus mine is severely dry.
I was wondering, on the days after washing, does your hair become progressively dryer or more oily?
Here's Chaz's 'product recommender'.
http://chazdean.com/recommender/
Honored Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:

@orclin. You made great choices.  Did you go with auto delivery?  Just want to Welcome you to the Wenderful world of Wen but I must warn you we are a group of enablers.

@ANewHue is right. @orclin the two of us are very longtime charter members of the Wen Enablers (and hoard... er, "Stashers") Society. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:
@orclin, I also have hair that is thick, coarse, curly-wavy, plus mine is severely dry.
I was wondering, on the days after washing, does your hair become progressively dryer or more oily?

@x Hedge and @orclin , while the Product Recommender at Chaz's site can be helpful, it's left a number of us a bit puzzled with it's suggestions.

However I tweak my responses fro what my hair needs, Lavender always is the number one suggestion... and Lavender turns my baby fine hair into a frizzy fireball (it's not a pretty site). -- I've tried almost all of Chaz's CCs and the Recommender suggests the CCs that work the least well for my hair. 

If I remember correctly, it never suggests lines that work best for my hair: Restoratives, 613/319, and Seasonals. -- The results leave me puzzled.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@ANewHue wrote:

@orclin@bebe777 gave you great advice.  My hair is the exact opposite of yours but I would recommend sweet almond.  It's very moisturizing, gives great body and it's a good scent as well.  Tea tree is a staple, I always use that on my scalp for my first cleanse. I would try that ODO with the 5 16 oz classic cleansers and maybe pick up the tea tree or Sam TS as @bebe777 recommend.

@ANewHue when I first started using Wen my baby fine hair had been so destroyed by using shampoo that I couldn't even use more than a 1/4 pump (from the 16oz bottle) of CC as a leave in. Otherwise it weighed my hair down. Yikes! Shampoo bad!!! Wen wenderful!!! Smiley Happy

Fig CC still weighs my hair down, but last year I tried the Sweet Almond Mint (SAM) CC again and now it works well for my hair (in 2010-14, it weighed my hair down). I really like SAM now, but I need the Wen lines that have the amino acid complex for my baby fine hair. Smiley Happy

@bebe777  It's interesting that FIG still weighs down your hair but you can use SAM now. My hair only seems to like FIG in the winter time. Even though FIG is supposed to be the most moisturizing I almost find SAM more moisturizing.

Respected Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

@x Hedge and @orclin , while the Product Recommender at Chaz's site can be helpful, it's left a number of us a bit puzzled with it's suggestions.

However I tweak my responses fro what my hair needs, Lavender always is the number one suggestion... and Lavender turns my baby fine hair into a frizzy fireball (it's not a pretty site). -- I've tried almost all of Chaz's CCs and the Recommender suggests the CCs that work the least well for my hair. 

If I remember correctly, it never suggests lines that work best for my hair: Restoratives, 613/319, and Seasonals. -- The results leave me puzzled.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777  Just for fun I tried the product recommender again and it seems pretty accurate in my case. It recommended FIG, POM and 319. I think that's what it recommended the last time too so I apparently know how to get the magical answers to get the 319 that it never recommends to you. Cat Wink