WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: NEW Wen scents for Spring and Summer 23

@Teddixat   I have not tried the cleansing conditioner in any quantity because my scalp reacts badly to the trimonium honey compound that's pretty high up in the ingredient list.  However, I did get a sample of it in the travel packet size a couple of years ago, when it was introduced, and I liked the scent so much I bought a two-pack of the 8 ounce re-moists.  It smells very similar to the cleansing conditioner to my nose, but doesn't have the honey compound in it, so I can use it overnight, my preferred method for re-moisting with WEN.

Now to the scent.  To me, Desert Poppy is a "dry" scent, warm, and not particularly floral or flowery.  I find hints of juniper and creosote bush flowers/vegetation, just a little herbal and a bit sharp and tangy to the nose.  It's not the lush, yummy, tasty scent of many of Chaz's fall, winter and summer scents, nor flowery like many of the spring formulas, it's very clean and refreshing.  I wish I could use the CC, but at least I can use the re-moist.  Hope this helps!

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat 

Coincidentally, I just got a travel pack/sample of the Desert Poppy CC with one of my orders yesterday.

I'm horrible at describing scents so I'll agree with @CamilleP's description.  To me, it's not a flowery scent like some of the spring formulas, but more earthy.  Slightly sweet, slightly tangy, slightly citrusy, and somehow I can smell the warm sunshine of the desert.

I haven't used it yet, just smelled the packet.  Since I'm very sensitive to fragrances I'll have to decide if I want to chance it on my hair.

Esteemed Contributor

I recently purchased the cleaners, oil remoist and I’m on waitlist for the edp/UNIbt. I love it it’s not what I would describe as a floral. It reminds me of Bella spirit in a way. It’s light . Wish I could offer a better description hope this helps
Respected Contributor

@geezerette  I agree, you can smell the sunshine in that Desert Poppy!  Chaz is a wizard, how in the world does one bottle sunshine?  And yet he did!

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife....you have beautiful hair! I have wavy and curly hair. I use Tweak'd shampoo, conditioner, and leave in which my hair loves. I also use WEN Light Conditioning Cleanser which my hair loves but would love to add some more WEN to my rotation. I really like leave ins and treatment mist. Would you share with me the WEN products that you use on your beautiful curly hair? Thanks!!!

Respected Contributor

@TrueBlue1   If you want to call your message to Surfer Wife's attention, the way to do that is by using the "at" sign at the start of their name, as I did when I replied to your message and "tagged" you at the beginning of this reply.  You can go back and edit your own message to add that "at" sign, the "@", instead of the phrase "message to", and the next time Surfer Wife logs onto the QVC message board, your message to her will show up in her notifications.  Odds are she will catch your message anyway, since the WEN board is so quiet these days, but adding the "@" will increase your odds.

If you want general suggestions regarding using WEN with curly hair, you can start a new topic in the WEN forum asking everyone to chime in, and I am sure others will reply.  My own hair is straight as a board and baby fine, so what I do may not be helpful for you.  I did have a perm for a while, but what I did for my perm might not be what you need for your natural curls, so I hope @SurferWife does read your message.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CamilleP  Thank you!!! I will give that a try!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TrueBlue1 wrote:

@SurferWife....you have beautiful hair! I have wavy and curly hair. I use Tweak'd shampoo, conditioner, and leave in which my hair loves. I also use WEN Light Conditioning Cleanser which my hair loves but would love to add some more WEN to my rotation. I really like leave ins and treatment mist. Would you share with me the WEN products that you use on your beautiful curly hair? Thanks!!!

@TrueBlue1 

Thank you!  I have been a 100% WEN girl for 10+ years.  My daily routine is:

First cleanse - Tea Tree; sometimes I mix it with Fig when I'm feeling a bit dry or use Fig by itself.

Seond cleanse - Seasonal or Blessing

Styling products (in this order; Chaz calls it the curly girl order):

Mousse

Styling Cream (seasonal or 613) MIXED WITH Enhancing Defining Treatment Cream (Curl cream)

Leave-in CC

Dyring:

Plop using a t-shirt or Aquis towel (YouTube "hair plopping" if you're unfamiliar with this)

Finish getting dressed, skin care, make-up, etc.

Diffuse my hair

AND WALLAH!

I hope this helps.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Occasional Contributor

@SurferWife - Thank you for the info!!! I am going to give this routine a try! I do use the Light Cleansing Conditioner (which i think is rice based?) but want/need to add a flavor for the second cleanse. I do have the Enhancing Defining Treatment Cream. I have not been using it but I have had to move it out of my way several times this past week and finally told myself that it must be a sign that I need to use it! I love WEN mousse and I use it often. Thank you so much for sharing!! 

Honored Contributor

@TrueBlue1 

Just a note about the Enhancing Defining Treatment Cream...you don't need much!  I use 1/2 pump at the most.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.