WEN

Respected Contributor

My scalp is dry and a little flaky - First time EVER

My scalp is dry, a little tight and in my "thinner" spots I can really see it flaking a tiny bit - YUCK, in my entire life I have never had a dry scalp, a little oily but NEVER dry.

I started to use TT Oil (WEN) on my scalp 3-4 nights a week, this was my only change about 7 or so weeks ago and ever since I feel my scalp is dryer and dryer - do you think it really could be the TT Oil? Maybe I should switch to FIG or POM?

I need to get rid of this dry scalp STAT!! Open to any suggestions.  Thank you

Honored Contributor

Re: My scalp is dry and a little flaky - First time EVER

@SandGirl @Now about aloe Vera,coconut oil or olive oil

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

My scalp is dry, a little tight and in my "thinner" spots I can really see it flaking a tiny bit - YUCK, in my entire life I have never had a dry scalp, a little oily but NEVER dry.

I started to use TT Oil (WEN) on my scalp 3-4 nights a week, this was my only change about 7 or so weeks ago and ever since I feel my scalp is dryer and dryer - do you think it really could be the TT Oil? Maybe I should switch to FIG or POM?

I need to get rid of this dry scalp STAT!! Open to any suggestions.  Thank you

@SandGirl 

Do you have another WEN oil?  I suggest you switch oils, you may be a person who can't use TT at all.  I would surely switch to your FIG - NOW!

Some people just can't use TT.  It is possible that you are one of them.  Particularly as you are usint it 3-4 nights a week.

Best wishes.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @SandGirl ,

First, I'd say email a copy of your post to

customerservice@chazdean.com.

Also, I'd ask them to recommend a different oil instead of just picking another from the Classics. (Different blends of oils.)

They have dealt with thousands of scalps.

You could be having a reaction to the tea tree oil. Have you tried reducing the amount of time it's in contact with your skin?

Personally, I can't use tea tree oil as an overnight treatment. It has a net negative effect if I leave it on my scalp more than a fast couple of hours.

Some people here are able to leave it on overnight with only positive effects.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge @Drythe   Thank you both.  I do have some POM on hand, I will start to use that tonight and then I'll send a note to the Chaz team and see what they would recommend, I almost feel like I wasnt to scrub my scalp, weird thing is, no itching.

If I can't use the TT my husband will be happy, he HATES the smell of it when I wear it to bed.  HA!!

Respected Contributor

I suspect you are using the TT oil too often, actually.  I have never done more than two oil treatments a week, and almost never overnight.  I usually apply the oil around 4-5 in the evening on a Saturday night, and cleanse it out  around 11:30 to midnight or so.  I usually go to bed with Re-moist on my hair, and rinse it out Sunday morning.  Even once a week for a few hours with WEN tea tree oil keeps my hair growing well and thicker than it ever did before.  Sometimes more is not better, you might get better results cutting back on your oil treatments a bit.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandGirl So sorry you are having problems.

I use Tea Tree oil the night before I wash my hair, which means I use it at least five times a week, leaving it on all night. Because I had thinning hair before using WEN, that was what Chaz told me to do.

I have never had a problem with TT oil. For me, it really helps with keeping my scalp healthy; thus, my hair grows quite fast. My scalp is never flaky. And the thinning areas filled in within a year or so.

I also follow his recommendation to brush my scalp with 100 strokes every night. He calls it the Brady method (Marsha Brady of The Brady Bunch would say to do that on the TV program).

I also use TT as my first cleanse and alternate between seven different seasonal products for the second cleanse.

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl 

I would stop using the oil. Give your scalp a break. If you have a primary care physician or dermatologist speak with them. Remember what works for others might not be right for you. Wish you all the best finding a solution. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, that's lousy!  Are you on any new meds or any meds at all?  My scalp is a grease pit but it always was since a I was a lousy little kid.  LOL!  Just wanna make ya laugh. 

Anyway, I would see a dermatologist or however you spell it. 

I had to have my gall bladder removed in April of 2018 and one of the incision sites got infected.  I looked and felt like I had been in a bad car accident.  I thought I was a gonner!  Anyway, I had to go back in hospital for pain management and they had to keep an eye on the infection.  I had loads of pain meds and antibiotics.  Okay, I went home after a week or so, I don't even remember.  They had to put in a stent because of complications.  I had back to back to back surgeries.  It was a nightmare.  I also two months before that had to have my appendix out.  In less than four weeks I lost 25 lbs. from severe pain.  Weeks later, when I started to vastly improve, I noticed my hair was shedding.  It looked like someone took scissors and chopped from the inside of the sides of my hair.  All that horror, not eating, drinking, all the meds did that to me.  Now, it's growing all in nicely and I used TT oil like World Traveler.  I didn't do the 100 strokes although that surgery hit me 100 strokes  LOL!!!  Anyway, I would see a doc.  Let us know what happens!  Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandGirl 

Your tea tree oil is antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal, so don't toss it out!

I've been adding WEN tea tree cc & oil to my footsoaks for several years. Also, work the oil in to the nail and skin between toes and around toenails (& fingernails).

That tea tree tingle is great on tired, achy feet.

Share that with your husband if he suffers from athlete's foot.

Summer's coming and the gnats & mosquitoes don't like the tea tree. Use the oil alone on your damp skin after bathing, or mix it with your sunscreen instead of applying a separate bug repellent.

If you have any acne, use the TT oil and/or cc as a scrub on the area and allow the cc to have contact with the acne for a full 10 minutes before rinsing.

Repeat daily.

(But STOP! if your skin has a bad reaction.)

Chaz's products have multiple uses.

If something doesn't work one way, . . .

@Sweet_Serenity