WEN

Contributor
I bought a set that came with a 16 oz cleansing conditioner, oil and replenishing mist. I'm disappointed because the Lilac oil does not smell right. It smells off and I'm not sure what to do about it or if it's just me.
Respected Contributor

@Lori1962   You can send the kit back and ask to exchange it for another SHL or a different scent and you will not be charged for return shipping.

If you send it back for a refund they will deduct shipping fees from your refund.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lori1962 

Sometimes I actually take stuff outside to smell it in fresh air. Other grooming fragrances, lingering cooking odors, heated furnace air, etc can throw scents off and I just want to get away from that.

And one med I took made everything smell weird. My 613 NIBTsmelled like straight lemon juice. Eww!

The following year I was off that med and I finally smelled the whole range of the 613 fragrance.

I hope your lilac oil is fine. I love mine!

But I've had two other oils that I initially wondered about because the scent wasn't identical to the cc and RTM. Turned out they were fine, but I was picking up something in the base blend of oils.

Regular Contributor

@Lori1962 I am using my SHL oil now, too.  I like to switch oils, seasonally.  My SHP smells a little "off" to me, too.  Although all my other SHL products smell ok.  I do believe, as another person said, that I am just smelling another of the essential oils in the mix over the lilac.  The oil itself, performs perfectly, so I am not concerned about it.  I just wish my nose would pick up more of the lilac in it!