WEN

Esteemed Contributor

I began using Wen a couple of months ago and was very pleased with the results. I haven't changed my "flavor" or the way I shampoo; however, my hair seems to be getting drier. I have naturally curly hair, so that's just not a good thing ~

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

I began using Wen a couple of months ago and was very pleased with the results. I haven't changed my "flavor" or the way I shampoo; however, my hair seems to be getting drier. I have naturally curly hair, so that's just not a good thing ~

This complaint has been posted here before, so you aren’t alone.  I used Wen for 8 years and could never figure out why my professional hair color didn’t color all of my grays.  My new hairdresser told me that is was Wen shampoo.  I stopped using it and my color is beautiful and it doesn’t fade any faster that when I was using it.  

Trusted Contributor

My hair too is naturally curly. Wen left it flat and kinda greasy. 

What I really like now is Head n Shoulders. No itching and can go for a couple of days without having to wash it. 

More time to sleep before work. 

Frequent Contributor
So confused. If you guys don't use WEN, why are you here?
Valued Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

@pattypeep - If you are using one of the seasonals,  you may need to switch to one of the more moisturizing core formulas llike Tea Tree or Fig, which is the most moisturizing.  The seasonals, along with 319 and 613, contain protein and too much protein can dry out your hair.  I also have curly hair, and find Tea Tree and Fig are the best cores for me.  I use one of them for a 1st cleanse and a seasonal for the 2nd.  Hope this helps.  Heart

Valued Contributor

@Dcole3 wrote:
So confused. If you guys don't use WEN, why are you here?

@Dcole3 - that's a good question!Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

I found the original seaonals, FGP and WVM, did best on my naturally curly hair.  The newer seasonals are not as good for me, which is a shame because I love those scents.  I also found I cannot do both cleanses with seasonals.  My hair seems to respond better when my first cleanse is one of the core formulas, Tea Tree is my favorite, followed by 613 or a seasonal. 

Esteemed Contributor

@bklyngrl  Thank you. I am so new to this that I don't know the difference between the seasonals and the "regulars". I've been using Sweet Almond Mint. My daughter has used the same for a few years and doesn't seem to have any issues.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

Which WEN formula are you using, @pattypeep? There are over a dozen formulas and which one you use makes a big differece.

I have very dry wavy/curly hair and a lot of the formulas don't work for me. The Fig is the most moisturizing and that one works best for me. The Tea Tree oil also works well for me. A lot of curly girls really like the WEN Summer Honey Peach seasonal. Seasonals I can use a few times a month, but not every wash. If I use only a seasonal or only use a formula like Sweet Almond Mint, my hair gets dry.

The Seasonals and the 613 also have more protein than the regular WEN formulas. Too much protein over time can cause dry hair and breakage. There are lots of articles online to help you determine if your hair needs more protein or is suffering from too much protein.

Whatever you decide next, I highly recommend checking out naturallycurly.com for anyone with curly hair. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Try Fig for your first cleanse - it is more moisturizing.