WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Visit to Chaz's Salon and Questions I Asked - 7/7/18

I would love to have a 1 or 2 oz sample packet of Indigo before the TSV. 

I'd divide my hair in half, use Indigo on one side, and compare after it's dry.

😑              . . .   dream on.

Honored Contributor

@riley1 You are very welcome! Glad I can contribute to the forum. Heart

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I had a wonderful time at the salon on Saturday, and was able to ask several questions. I thought you Wenners would like to know Chaz’s answers, since some of you were the ones who asked me to pass on the questions to him. 

I also posted a few photos of the outside salon area, which is really nice. Chaz referred to it as a Pergola. I had a couple of more shots of that area, but I'm getting an error message saying the files are too big. I will keep trying.

Then there is a photo of the inside of one of the bungalows that has been renovated. It is really pretty inside, lots of skylights!

What TSV, one-day-only, new product will you be bring to us in September? 

Bella Spirit Indigo, launching September 1 on QVC. He had his staff use it on me. It has rice, proteins, no gluten, no soy, no nuts, and works up into a purple froth. It gives your hair a cooler look. The model Jack has been using it since April. You need to use cool water to rinse out; although, since I don’t color my hair, my understanding is that I don’t need to use cool water. Leave it in just the same as when you are washing/cleansing. One person left it in 20 minutes and loved it. On Jack, they intentionally put it in and put him under the dryer so that it would stay a little purple, which Jack loved. Use it every time you wash, or every other time you wash. It may last more than one cleanse. You can sleep with it on overnight, if you want to try that.

Since the Indigo is new, will you have a one-day only or some special? “I think so, but I don’t know. With them (QVC) I don’t know; they change it by the day.” There will be a 32-ounce of the Indigo. There is also the traditional Bella Spirit, which is without the lavender component to it, as I understand it. The scent is lavender, cucumber, and eucalyptus, which is Chaz’s signature scent. It is created to tone down the brassiness of all hair colors, including my gray hair. And it also brightens up your hair, making it radiate!

The TSV is scheduled for Saturday, September 1. That is IF he has met it quota from June. Some presentations in June he exceeded the quota and others he did not meet the quota. All in all, it balanced out for the good. He won’t know for sure until he gets the report from QVC next week. If his quotas are good, he will be back to having weekends for presentations. “If you don’t reach your goals, you don’t get the weekend presentations.”

So, assuming he does get to have the TSV, then it will be a three-pack. It will include a 32-ounce of the classics, 4-ounce treatment oil from classic, 4-ounce remoist that matches the classic chosen, PLUS a 16-ounce of the new Fall apple product. Guess that makes it a four-pack, but he did call it a three-pack. The name of the product has been changed from Fall Apple Harvest to Fall Fresh Apple, because he felt that FAH might be reminiscent to many people of the Fall Apple Spice name.

The auto delivery of the TSV will come out also in winter and in spring. He THINKS, but is not sure, that it will cost around $69.96. He does not know what the offering will be in Spring with this hoped-for TSV, because his new Spring product isn't even done yet. Although I didn't ask, I would assume the new Winter product will be the December shipment on this auto-delivery TSV.

The new winter product is called Winter White Forest, and he said it is similar to vanilla mint, but no chocolate; more like a pine, vanilla, evergreen smell, warm and rich. When he told me about it at a prior time I was there, he said it had spearmint, peppermint, vanilla, and sandalwood in it.

What are you working on for the future? He is working on a day and night cream for the Bella Spirit line. It will be strictly for the face, as opposed to the body cream, which you can put on the face and body. It will have Vitamin K and Arnica. When I asked what else was in it, he said he didn’t want to say because it is far enough away from being ready that he doesn’t want other people to know the ingredients and then “rip me off.” So he is keeping the details to himself for now. Cooper and Joanne have been using this new cream on one side of their face and he can see the difference.

I told him that @ANewHue said she is “floating” after having the chance to talk with you on QVC! He said to tell you “thank you!”

You once talked about using 613 as a face mask. Is it best to use it undiluted, just straight from the bottle? How long should it be left on the face? Can you do it with the classic and seasonals or is the 613 more effective? Use it undiluted, rub it directly on your face, straight. He wets his skin with the Clarisonic and uses it twice to ensure the face is clean. You can use the seasonals the same way, but he likes to use 613 because it is dense/thick.

Would you consider having the seasonal Ultra Nourishing Body Treatments as an offering in a set? Three winter NBTs; three spring NBTs; three fall NBTs, etc. No, because it would cost too much for all three, probably around $200 for a set; and couldn’t do it for much less. He does not think people would spend that for having the three. That would be a total of 48 ounces, and the price point would isolate too many people from being able to buy it.

What is the difference between the boar bristle brushes and your new paddle/sculpting brushes? Who would benefit from the boar bristle and who would benefit more from the paddle/sculpting brushes? He said there are different uses for each of the brushes. The sculpting brush is more for the flat/vertical/beach waves; the round ones for blowouts…to smooth.  Both type of brushes give you shine. The boar bristles will grab more hair.  

Re-Moist: Would you use it on hair that tends to be oily? He said yes, that it won’t make the hair more oily; it helps strengthen and repair the hair.

Is it better to remoist before or after coloring your hair? He said before and after if you are going to color your hair. He mentioned that because your hair is probably more porous before the color, the remoist would be beneficial. And he wants you to do it after to help lock and seal your color.

You offered some of the summer products during spring. Is that a trend for things to come? Will you continue to do that? For instance, during summer, will you be offering some Fall items prior to September? Same with early release of winter products. Is that a sign of things to come in the future, like offering ALL products any time of the year? He is trying to make it a trend to overlap seasons. He thought come September 1st that he would be able to still offer the summer products along with the Fall, but QVC changed that. He pushed for it, but they didn’t go for it. I asked if it was his goal to make them all available year-round; he said no. He did say, however, that he is starting to eliminate the season name in his candles and fragrances, because he doesn’t want people to think they can only use those two items in their season; he wants people to use them year-round.

Have you thought about creating a body scrub now that you have done the lip scrub?from @Gussie2007 He is working on it.  

Is it better to use the regular body wash with a loofah for body exfoliating by @riley1? Yes, that’s what he does. At this point he does not have the body scrub, so yes, use the body wash with a loofah.

@Suz585 feels Tea Tree is the holy grail for a healthy scalp and hair growth. But, she has Celiac Disease and is Gluten free. Which formula do you recommend to use instead of TT for hair growth and a healthy scalp? Have you ever considered creating a Gluten Free Tea Tree cleanser? He said you can use WEN Men.

If a presentation of yours is a re-run, originally done on QVC and repeated on QVC2, do the sales on the repeated show count towards your quota? It does for sales, but  from what I understand, it sounds like it doesn’t for quotas.

I mentioned that there are three seasonals that have been discontinued on QVC, but still available on his website: Ginger Pumpkin, Vanilla Mint, and Mango Coconut. The first two, even though discontinued had body creams made. But there is no Mango Coconut cream. Will he be doing that? He talks like it was made, but just not available, that he is not involved in the ordering of the product. I did check with his reception area, but it my impression from what they said to me that it was never made. I would think he would do that because Mango Coconut is a big seller; his sister’s and my favorite! Enough reason right there to do it! Ha! I don’t see it on his website, like I see the other two.

Will you be coming out with different colors for the lip balm…..darker or red? At this point, he is not working on it.

Are there any products that counteract each other? In other words, you have products that plump up the hair strands. Is there a product of yours that you would not want someone to use with the plumping product to ensure they don’t cancel each other out? “No, not really. Maybe with the dry oil, you don’t want to use too much with products that are to plump up your hair, because it is meant to smooth the hair down.”

Since you use human products, like the replenishing treatment mist and oils on your Angels, can one use WEN Pets on humans? “Yes, you absolutely could! The ph level is higher on the pet product and they contain more essential oils. But someone with really dry, coarse, frizzy hair, would find the extra oils in the pet cleansing conditioner good.” I thought he also said he knew someone who did that, but I didn't verify that.

Will there ever be a body wash in seasonal scents? Probably not because he already has so many products in seasonals. And there isn’t enough time when he does presentations to add another product in the line, especially when the CC has everything already in it that he would put in a body wash. He doesn’t want to create a product that probably won’t get air time on QVC.

I mentioned that @Suz585 loves the fragrance LOVE, and that she understands Chaz said he would not be doing anything other than the fragrance and the body cream. She says the fragrance is AMAZING and really, really, really wants it in the cleanser. Others would like it not only in the CC, but the replenishing treatment mist and the oil too. Any possibility that will happen? “Not at this time. The next step is the candle. The candles are coming in September.”

I told him that @Drythe would love Volumizing Texture Mist/Spray (VTM) with a few of the seasonals, and that she likes lilac. He said there is not enough time to get it made, and present it in the three months for the season. He really appreciates that everyone loves and wants it. He said to just use the 319 with the season/scent you love and custom make it. That’s what he does.

Will there be mini oil collection kits? No, probably not. The oils are very expensive and hard to do in smaller amounts, and make the price accessible for everyone, which is what he tries to do. The same thing is true of the price of the mini fragrances. He has them on his website, but QVC doesn’t have them now because of the price point.

I asked if there will be more Men’s WEN kits. “QVC does not give any airtime to the Men’s products.” And that is the place where he sells the most; it’s the #1 place for selling his products. So at this time, no Men’s kits are expected.

How about travel packets of seasonal cleansers? “Again, it’s too short a season to go thru the production of the product and too short of a time to sell it.” He’s not saying no, he just can’t foresee it now when the seasons are so short. My thinking is that if QVC will let him combine seasons again, like they did for the spring and summer, maybe he can see more of a reason to do it.

I told him that @Suz585 wanted me to ask him how the dry oil with SPF is coming along? “Looks like it will be next year. It’s all he has been using last summer and this summer. He even used it in Las Vegas and he didn’t burn, which he would normally does. The clinicals have been done on it and the SPF will be 20. It said it has been recommended to stay at 20, as going over 20 is actually doing damage to your skin.  He was outside for four hours in Vegas and only reapplied it when he came out of the pool. He has Vitamin K and Arnica in it and he said it is amazing. The SPF product will be a little heavier than the dry oil is now because of the sunscreen in it, but he does not consider it a “heavy” oil, just not as light as the dry oil is on your skin now.

What about seasonal sunscreen; is that something you would do? No…again, because of the shortness of the season.

Have you thought about doing a WEN hair coloring kit? He knows that it would make sense for him to have that to sell, but he doesn’t have the “connections” to make it happen.

How about supersizing the 319/613 replenishing treatment mist? He does by offering the trios. But if you want a larger bottle (16 or 32 ounce), he said you can only spray out so much, and my guess is that using the larger bottle wouldn’t be practical.

IMG_3457.JPG

IMG_3458.JPG

IMG_3459.JPG

IMG_3465.JPG

@World Traveler

Thank you.

What a lovely post!! I would really love to meet Chaz.

He seems so kind and we all know how talented he is!!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@worldtraveler that's what I get for posting on a few hours sleep. Glad you understood what I meant because in no way did I mean to insult you. Lol so excited for the TSV. Cannot believe the Q is including an oil so soon. I was just thinking that I'm starting to get low on my POM oil. 💕
Honored Contributor

@ANewHue LOL!  It gave me a good laugh. 🤣

i got so low on oil that I had to pay full price for a bottle of Tea Tree oil at the salon. I keep finding uses for the oil, so I’m going thu it much faster. When he said that would be included in the TSV, I was so happy. YAAAY!!

Esteemed Contributor

@worldtraveler. The previous tsv is the one that made my stock skyrocket lol I ordered 4 formulas all on ad. In the wee hours while I was watching your Peri I let out a woohoo and my DH yelled from the bedroom " oh no this is trouble" lol. Next morning as I was dancing with delight he just gave me THAT look. Well "being good" didn't last long at all.
Honored Contributor

@ANewHue 😂

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler, thank you for posting.  I am excited to see the presentation on Bella 

Spirit Indigo.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Frequent Contributor

Glad you asked about the hair color. Wish he could do that because we would buy it!