WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Visit to Chaz's Salon and Questions I Asked - 3/17/18

@World Traveler - Thank You for so many details to those questions! 

Respected Contributor

Hi Classy Lady!!!!  Thank you so much for the wonderful post and thank you for asking my question to Chaz.  I would love to see more things in Wen Men.  YES!  I saw all those gallons lined up like you have in the picture!  I saw that on periscope a month or so ago.  I don't blame him for not allowing dogs on his properties, it really isn't fair to let one and not another.  It's just not feasible all around, I get it.  What lovely pictures!  I took advantage of his 40% sale and the clearance sale too.  It's great that he extended PJP until end of March.  So Cloris Leachman goes there too!  I had no idea!  Wow, that would be nice if he posted a picture of him and her together!  I always thought she was a great actress.  I thought Suz 585 went to his salon.  I remember posting and her posting back on here someplace!  I was not aware that remoist should be applied when hair is NOT soaking wet.  I'll try it very damp next time.  When I saw your post, I was just so thrilled!!!  You're so lucky to be able to go there!!!  All those amazing Wen products all on those shelves!!  I don't use anything on my hair or body but Wen and this August, 2018 I will be a Wen girl nine years!  I'm hoping he does Summer Tropical Paradise in an NBT.  I'm gonna get the SOB in it if it comes to the Q.  I ordered the 10ml. EDP on his site.  That's my favorite sping one.  I would just love to see Wen Men in an RTM and an NBT.  I think it's wonderful that he's doing seasonals in NBTs!!!!  Anyway, it must be so much fun to visit there.  I heard he offers you a nice drink and a blanket if you're cold, I saw the grounds and all, it looks like a retreat, simply amazing!  World Traveler, thank you so very much for taking the time to post all this.  I enjoy it immensely.  I constantly tell him on his face book site how much I love what Wen does for my hair and body.  I was afraid he'd be tired of hearing it.  I'm so glad he's not!!!!!!!  The lip thing he did, I have all three components and he's right, my lips have this glow, they're soft and the lines are smoothing out.  Although I have dry mouth, my lips stay soft and supple AND they ARE plump!!!  I love it!  The scrub, when I use it, a bit gets on my taste buds and it tastes SO pleasant!  My lips use to crack and bleed but not anymore AT ALL!  I could go on and on but thank you again for remembering me to him.  Maybe one day, when he comes to NY or Central Park, I'll get to meet him.  I'll always love him, he's a very special person, indeed.

Respected Contributor

WOW!  I would just go there to say hello!  You can cash and carry an item too!  When his NY "Wen Bar" opens officially, I'm going.  I know he probably won't be there but I can cash and carry though and have my hair done by one of his people. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

D774D70D-457D-4C34-82DD-72AF393D6F76.jpeg

Many of you you have seen photos of his salon area; these are for the new WEN users.

5D3454C8-5373-4C26-9026-CFDC6D6B0A74.jpeg

Not sure you you can see the flames in the area in front of the wall with water coming down it, but it is really nice.

EE1084DB-5F8B-4E66-AC87-70073E20512B.jpeg

875AD27C-52D0-489C-905C-EACFF54FAAB7.jpeg

3A4557C0-678E-4AE9-AB74-6B22225F8B80.jpeg

E8AE1CBD-C720-4C4B-A52E-4480EDE0656A.jpeg

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler

What a GREAT day for you!!!  You are such a lovely person!! Thank you soooooo much for taking the time to post your questions, answers and pictures here. The salon looks soooo relaxing and zen. What a beautiful space! I am hopeful to make it back to his salon next year (fingers crossed). I still have money set aside for a color and cut, I just have to make it back there, lol!

Life has been crazy since we got our puppy a year ago. She’s now 80 lbs and absolutely precious. We had some growing pains along the way. The worst was the realization vacations are as easy with our zoo. Thanks for thinking of us when you compiled your list of questions!

Back in the fall, I finally learned what it took for me to miss Chaz on QVC, TSV day. It was a category 4 hurricane headed straight for our island.  We had to evacuate with the puppy, 2 cats, a dog (who’s not fond of strangers), and a car packed like you might loose your house. It definitely gave me a lot of perspective. Needless to say, I missed watching all the TSV shows and wasn’t able to buy anything (didn’t know where to have it shipped if I did, lol). 

By the way, each time I rinse my hair in hot water, I think, “Chaz would just be having a fit!” But I love my hot water! Lol

This is now, Thurman 5 yrs old and Tovi, 14 months. The next pic was a year ago, Thurman, our 4 yr old Puli and Tovi, an Otterhound 9 wks old.

F0246774-CACD-4178-9B03-AB1F444A6DF7.jpeg

04B4A6DA-16AA-4651-8570-B85F81AF3041.jpeg

**Suz**
Honored Contributor

@Suz585 Oh, I LOVE the pictures of your family! That was so great of you to post them. If I had them earlier I could have shown them to the Angels. I am sure they would have asked for a playdate with your brood!

I go back in May, unless I get cancelled like I sometimes do. Smiley Sad  Maybe I should take the photos along for the Angels to decide if it is okay. ha!

When Chaz was talking about what Rhonda did with the warm water, I did confess that I always use warm/hot water for cleansing and rinsing. But even though I don't have treated hair, he said I should always end with at least cool water. Easier to do in the summer, but not now. It always reminds me of seeing you on Periscope, shivering away while waiting with the blanket over you. That has left a lasting impression on me. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler I so love when you have salon visits and take the time to write these detailed posts for us.  Thank you so much,  I have been so out of it  lately so I was totally absorbed in your posts and it helped me relax .I always think of ? And forget to write them down but your next visit I will have to come up with some.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I forgot to mention that while I was at the salon, he used the new Fall apple product on me for the styling cream, etc. The previous Fall apple product he had was a little too strong for me, but this one I really like. It is very fresh and crisp smelling. I mentioned that I detected cinnamon in it, but he said he didn't think that was included in the ingredients. It was a very pleasing smell to me and I will be adding that to my routine, I'm sure!

Also, for the first time, they filmed me talking about WEN, kind of like an interview. I see that they did that with the gal right before me too. I'm not talking about Periscope; this was separate.

Basically, they asked me how I feel about WEN, what I like about it, how long I had been using it, what it had done for me. They wanted to do that BEFORE my hair was cut, and I suggested we wait until I look better! ha! Ya know, after Chaz had cut and styled my hair; so that's what we did. Wasn't prepared for that, but maybe that is better, as I might have been nervous.

Regular Contributor

@World Traveler.  Maybe you'll be in the next Infomercial.  I keep coming back to this thread for the pictures.  These are just stunning.  

Super Contributor

@World Traveler

Thank you for mentioning that you smelled cinnamon in the new fall apple scent but Chaz said its probably not in the ingredients. This is such good news because I figured I wouldn’t be able to use it if it had cinnamon in the ingredients, I react to it ( e.g. can’t use FGP) but if it’s just in the scent then perfect! I believe he’s named it Fall Apple Harvest?