WEN

Trusted Contributor

Re: My Bella Spirit Indigo experience

Indigo is definitely my favorite CC - I would trade my 7 year collection of WEN CC for everything Indigo. ha

i think I have tried almost every CC - never really had a favorite before.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I received my Bella Indigo over the weekend, and used it for the first time on Tuesday (10/30). I was so excited to use it! Like always, I left it on for for the duration of my shower and then rinsed it out and used my Pomegranate as my leave-in. Once my hair was dry and I was styling it getting ready for work, I could tell my highlights were darker and it had a purple shade to it!!! I had no time to do anything and had to get to work. Once I got to work and went in the bathroom with the lighting there it looked even more purple. I washed it with the Pomegranate CC very well the next day and a lot of the purple came out, but still looked quite purple, so I used the contact information on the bottle. They answered like Chaz said they would, and provided me the information I needed. Needless to say, I'm no longer purple-haired.

Esteemed Contributor

Wencome @Buddhamae.

I'm so glad you contacted Chaz's customer service and reversed the situation.

Wow! I've never heard of hair taking on color from a toning cleanser like that. Even my hair, which is so porous, won't do that. Last time I left it on about 40 minutes.

Another Wenner experimented with leaving it on for four hours!

You should probably consider mixing it 50/50 with another formula, and shortening the duration time it's left on your hair.

New Contributor

@x Hedge I couldn't believe it! It was probably 20 minutes or so. Chaz's customer service advised me to only leave it on 3-5 minutes, and if I still have trouble mix it with another CC...since my hair is obviously more susceptible to the purple tone. lol! I'll probably be doing all of the above.

At least this coincided with Halloween! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Wow! I use the Indigo as a leave-in and haven't had that happen and my hair isn't purple.

However, on a good note Chaz has excellent CS doesn't he? When he says call about any problem he means it.

Esteemed Contributor

just outta curiosity, @Buddhamae, do you use a two step bleaching method, or use a semi permanent hair color, or anything else that coats the outer hair shaft?

New Contributor

@x Hedge, I have my hair foiled with bleach. But, I did have a Keratin treatment done about a month ago.

Contributor

My nails did stain when I used Indigo, but I cleaned it off with hydrogen peroxide easily. Indigo and my gray hair didn't get along very well. Made it darker,  which I didn't like. And BSI taught me that my hair is porous! It has taken a long time for the natural color to return. My hair loves most WEN products, but not this one.

Super Contributor

I ended up using just Indigo CC today, mostly because I forgot to bring in a new bottle of another CC.

Verdict: Quite obviously my hair is not particularly porous because it has no blue tinge at all. I have superfine, straight, medium ash blonde and the Indigo has toned down any yellow. I'd say it's a tad bit darker, but not by much.

That being said, I don't think I would do this every time I wash because I think eventually it would become noticable without other CCs being mixed in.

Lovely scent too.

Esteemed Contributor

@RipleyGirl - When you say noticeable, do you mean to have a "blue" tinge? Or something else?

I use the Indigo for every 2nd cleanse and as a leave-in CC and have had no problems. It does tone down the brassiness for me.