WEN

Regular Contributor

Re: My Bella Spirit Indigo experience

I'm in love with the Indigo, and I only have a small amount of grey.  I'm a brassy brown, and it helps tremendously.  So it's not just for grey, white or blond!

@World Traveler asked Chaz about using it as a leave-in and he said it's so there isn't staining on clothing.  I've used it as a leave-in with no issue...you just have to be careful.

I've never had an issue with it staying under my fingernails...

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@bmorechick - I think Chaz said not to use it as a leave-in but that may have been to cover himself if clothes, towels, etc got stained. Now I have to remember where I may have read something to this effect.

Ok, I'll page @World Traveler she may be able to shed light on this.

In any event, nothing got stained - me, the t-shirt, bathroom - everthing is fine. Hair looks great as well!

Respected Contributor

I have medium brown shoulder length hair, with a few carmel highlights. Yes, I have grey at the temples and around my bangs but because I do not like the aging effect of grey hair, I color it and will until the day I leave this planet!  I will use the Indigo every now and then but for me personally, it’s not a winner.

Thanks for all your comments and input!

Honored Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@bmorechick - I think Chaz said not to use it as a leave-in but that may have been to cover himself if clothes, towels, etc got stained. Now I have to remember where I may have read something to this effect.

@Ok, I'll page @World Traveler she may be able to shed light on this.

In any event, nothing got stained - me, the t-shirt, bathroom - everthing is fine. Hair looks great as well!

@riley1 This is our discussion at the September salon visit I had:

I asked what the biggest misconception was on Indigo and he said that it is only for blondes. It is for all hair types, colors (natural or bottle), and that people are afraid it will turn their hair purple, so they just use a little bit. For blondes, it gets rid of any yellowing and/or brassiness; for redheads, it cools it down or if you had a red color that is already cool, it enhances it; for gray/silver hair, it is obviously what it does….brightens it up and gets rid of any yellow; for brown hair, it cuts out any yellow; and for people with black hair, it makes it look like the feathers of a black bird, very striking.

We talked about not using Indigo as a leave-in, even though he does. He said that the lab said not to because it might stain your pillow or on your skin if you are not careful. But he is careful and uses it that way. “Do as I say, not as I do.” Ha!

I told him about the many comments of you posters who have gotten a lot of volume out of using Bella Spirit Traditional, how full it makes the hair. He feels it is the rice, quoina, and the various exclusive water formulas it has (lavender, cucumber, eucalyptus, and bamboo).

By the way, he put Indigo on the Angels the prior day, and their coats were so beautiful….glistening when I saw them!

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler - Ah, THANK  YOU!! I knew I had read that someplace.

I did use it as a leave-in and everything was fine. Of course, I don't know what would happen if anything was light or white. And as I do my hair in the morning, I don't have to worry about the pillowcase!

Honored Contributor

I wanted to add that my tile in the bathroom is very, very light....cream colored. And still I see no purple stain or specks. So perhaps it is the hardness/softness of the water that make it a problem for some people. And the fact that I use warm water, not cold, to rinse my hair. Could be a combination of things, I guess.

I was trying to think if I ever saw purple stain/specks at the salon, but I think Chaz's wash bowls are black, so it wouldn't be noticeable. Next time I am there, I will ask the people who wash the customer's hair for Chaz, and see if they have noticed that.

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler - Yes, the wash bowls are black. Which makes sense. Are the towels black also? I really am not seeing a staining problem with indigo as a leave-in and I'm sure I would have noticed something on the t-shirt I plop my hair in as it is light grey.

Honored Contributor

@riley1 Hmmmmm....Chaz's towels. I could be wrong on this, but I think they are a medium gray. Just never paid that much attention to it. ha!

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I wanted to add that my tile in the bathroom is very, very light....cream colored. And still I see no purple stain or specks. So perhaps it is the hardness/softness of the water that make it a problem for some people. And the fact that I use warm water, not cold, to rinse my hair. Could be a combination of things, I guess.

I was trying to think if I ever saw purple stain/specks at the salon, but I think Chaz's wash bowls are black, so it wouldn't be noticeable. Next time I am there, I will ask the people who wash the customer's hair for Chaz, and see if they have noticed that.

@The tile in my bathroom is also very light, @World Traveler.  I've not had any staining or specs anywhere - including under my fingernails...

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal Ditto on the fingernails. Have not had a problem with Indigo underneath them either. Really strange why it is a problem for some and not others. Can't figure that one out.