WEN

Respected Contributor

My Bella Spirit Indigo experience

Ok so I was intrigued by this and ordered and received it. The first time, The deep purple threw me off, so I only used one pump and mixed it with a few pumps of the regular CC and ran it through my hair for a quick second cleanse. Saw no difference. So I went whole hog this morning. Full on Spirit as my regular wash. OMG the entire shower was purple, the walls above the shower were flecked with purple. I will tell you, rinse it off right away. Dont let it dry because you will have to scrub it off.

So after it dried, yea I saw a richer hue and I guess that will be what we should expect. It wasn’t anything that I would order again though...and I love WEN. I think I am satisfied with the regular CC.

I left it in for 5 minutes as suggested by the WEN folks for greatest effect. However, I did notice it left a slight purple hue under my fingernails and I have short, clipped no manicure nails. Ive washed my hands at least 10 times today, but it’s still there. Looks like I’ve been digging in the dirt

Honored Contributor

Re: My Bella Spirit Indigo experience

If you don't have some gray in your hair the 2nd cleanse with the toner may not be for you IMO. I have salt and pepper hair and it works great for me, makes my gray sparkle and my med. brown richer. I leave the toner on for 15 or 20 minutes, I agree the toner doesn't do much if you don't leave it on for awhile. Also, it does make a mess, so you have to be careful.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have never had a problem with the purple getting all over the shower and hard to remove; same with my hands/nails. No problem at all. But that might be because my hair color is natural, so I don't use cold water. I use warm water. Perhaps warm water is better at dissolving it. Perhaps do it in the sink where you have more control over where it splashes.

At any rate, my gray hair LOVES Bella Spirit Indigo. The longest I have left it on is four hours, just as an experiment. It does rinse out, so there was never any fear of overdoing it. For me, the way I like it is to use my regular Tea Tree for the first cleanse and then mix Indigo with the seasonal of choice for the day....50/50. Leave it on as long as I normally do with the second cleanse.....the time it takes to wash my face and body thoroughly. Perhaps a couple or three minutes.

Thanks for your review!

Honored Contributor

I’m not overly entranced with the Indigo Toner.  But my hair is still mostly brown with gray.  It does enhance the gray, but I actually prefer my brown hair with its warm undertones rather than cool.  And yes, the staining is a pain.  I have purple stains around my nails until at least the following day after washing.  (It does look like dirty fingernails.)  And I have yet to be able to not get purple on my towels.  Granted, it washes out, but because of the stains, I only use the toner the day before I plan to wash towels.

All that said, I love how the Bella Spirit leaves my hair!  And the soft fragrance is such a pleasant difference from the other cleansing conditioners.  I love the Bella Spirit Cleansing Conditioner and need to use it alone, without the Toner, which I haven’t done yet.  If it becomes available separately, I’d happily purchase just the BS CC alone.

Esteemed Contributor

No problem rinsing the shower or my hands - I have used the BSI as my second cleanse and as a leave-in the last couple of cleanses. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've only used my Bella Spirit Indigo 3 times.

It's slightly drying even tho I use Remoist in my 2nd cleanse and lots of oil in my leave in.

Certainly not as drying an a non-WEN blue toner though.

Last time I used the Indio I left it in for about 45 min. I don't have a problem with skin stains because I pause and scrub with a nailbrush during the cleanse.

I wash my long hair bent forward at the kitchen sink, and there's purple spatter all around, no matter how careful I am. Perhaps length of hair makes a difference in the spattering.

I thought I'd wiped it all each time, but recently noticed tiny dried on purple dots on the white window blinds, above.

The only thing that's been truly strained is a kitchen gadget made of white silicone. The purple just won't clean or even fade from that material.

Its washed right out of everything else though.

Respected Contributor

Riley1...I’m not sure why but when I received some tips about the indigo from the wen website, they in bold letters advised DO NOT USE INDIGO AS A LEAVE IN...no reason given

Super Contributor

Hmmmm seems I'm not leaving it in long enough. I have medium ash blonde hair and it didn't really seem to change much, but then my hair color might not show much of an effect since I don't have a lot of gold. Smells lovely though.

I did splash some of the blue around the shower, but I didn't notice color in my nails.

Respected Contributor

I didn't have any staining, perhaps our hard water helps with that?  Do you have naturally soft water, or a water softener in your home?  I agree with others, if you don't have much grey, Indigo might not do much for you.  I'm ash blonde going grey, and the last time I got a haircut, the stylist remarked on how pretty my silver grey was as it came in, so I know that Indigo is indeed helping my hair.  The stylist said she didn't blame me for not wanting to mess with regular coloring, my grey was such a pretty color.   For me, Indigo is well worth using in my second cleanse going forward, I think I'll order a gallon from Chaz directly when he gets some back in stock.

Honored Contributor

Hello Friends,

I still have not tried these products!

Like my hair color, have a teeny bit of grey right above ears, and love my highlites.  So, no Indigo.

Would like to try Spirit, but have only found as a pair.  

Glad you have a new WEN product to love!

Heart

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras