WEN

Respected Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@bebe777 I have to admit that I've been using half pumps of the SC so no wonder a bottle lasted me so long. Cat Tongue I tried two full pumps the other day and I definitely had a great hair day but my hair felt a little heavy. Today I tried one and a half full pumps of SC and my hair feels much better so maybe that's the magic number for me! Cat Happy

@HSB1204, how long have you been using Wen? And is you hair "all Wen" now, or do you still have some pre-Wen growth? 

I ask because when I first started using Wen in December 2009, I could only put about 1/4 of a pump of styling creme (SC) on my hair or it would weigh my hair down. It probably took close to a year before I could use between half a pump and a full pump of SC without weighing my hair down.

It says a lot for how Wen has improved the health of my hair that I can now use 3 pumps of SC on it. I think that Wen sometimes has to work it's magic with our hair before we can put a lot of SC on it. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 I've been using Wen for a little over two years now. I got highlights (with bleach) the day before I started using Wen and then a couple of times after that. I finally decided to stop getting highlights because the bleach was way too damaging to my hair so I'm just letting it all grow out in my natural hair color now.

My hair grows pretty slow so I'd say my Wen hair goes maybe an inch or two below my ears. I've been getting an inch or two cut off of my ends now and then but still trying to keep my hair to the middle of my back so it's a slow process but I'm working on it. I think once I have all Wen hair maybe it won't be so picky and impossible to please. Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@HSB1204, I thought that might be the case. 

My history with Wen was that I used it exclusively for the 12-18 months. Then, unfortunately I had to have three abdominal surgeries in one year (I'm fine now) and I wasn't able to use Wen for that entire time. I was so disappointed because the moment I finally had all-Wen hair, I had to go back to using Ojon shampoo. Of course, I was overjoyed as soon as I was given the all clear to go back to Wen. 

lol, so I really got an education as to what pre and post Wen hair looks like since I got to go through the process twice! Smiley Wink

I think the longer you use Wen, the healthier your hair gets: not just the length of your hair, but root/follicle structure as well which is where the new hair is created. 

My hair strands haven't really gotten any thicker from using Wen, but my hair is healthier and probably has much more flexible strength.. .especially from the bamboo water in the Restorative line of CCs: Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) and Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF).

I think that's why my hair can now take so much styling creme without getting weighed down. It's a process, but the longer you use Wen the better your hair will get. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

My history with Wen was that I used it exclusively for the 12-18 months. Then, unfortunately I had to have three abdominal surgeries in one year (I'm fine now) and I wasn't able to use Wen for that entire time. I was so disappointed because the moment I finally had all-Wen hair, I had to go back to using Ojon shampoo. Of course, I was overjoyed as soon as I was given the all clear to go back to Wen. 

lol, so I really got an education as to what pre and post Wen hair looks like since I got to go through the process twice! Smiley Wink

I think the longer you use Wen, the healthier your hair gets: not just the length of your hair, but root/follicle structure as well which is where the new hair is created. 

My hair strands haven't really gotten any thicker from using Wen, but my hair is healthier and probably has much more flexible strength.. .especially from the bamboo water in the Restorative line of CCs: Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) and Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF).

I think that's why my hair can now take so much styling creme without getting weighed down. It's a process, but the longer you use Wen the better your hair will get. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 I'm glad you're okay now but that must definitely have been quite a change having to go back to shampoo after using Wen for so long! Seeing the results I get with Wen I definitely do not ever want to use shampoo again if I can avoid it.

I know my hair will always be very fine but ever since I started using the TT oil I could always see new hair sticking up and it made me so excited! I'm looking forward to the day when I can say that I have nothing but Wen hair left. Cat Happy I'm still considering getting highlights again some day but I would want to find a stylist who can do it without bleach like Chaz does!

Honored Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 I'm glad you're okay now but that must definitely have been quite a change having to go back to shampoo after using Wen for so long! Seeing the results I get with Wen I definitely do not ever want to use shampoo again if I can avoid it.

I know my hair will always be very fine but ever since I started using the TT oil I could always see new hair sticking up and it made me so excited! I'm looking forward to the day when I can say that I have nothing but Wen hair left. Cat Happy I'm still considering getting highlights again some day but I would want to find a stylist who can do it without bleach like Chaz does!

@HSB1204 having to go through the Wen cycle twice was really . I think that when most people first make the transition to Wen that they spend the first 4-6 months focusing on what works best for them, and so they don't focus as much on the early changes. 

The second time around, I already knew exactly what to expect and so I really noticed all the early Wen changes. My hair was soooo happy the second time I went back to Wen. Since that time, shampoo has never touched my hair. I think I would rather have a bit of dirty hair for a weekend than ever use shampoo ever again.

I meant to ask you if you had been using the Treatment Oils because the oils were a game changer in terms of how quickly my hair grew. 

Pre Wen, I could go 4-5 between getting my hair cut because it just didn't grow. Once I started using the Tea Tree CC, my hair started growing. A few years later, once I started doing overnight 95% jojoba oil / 5% tea tree oil scalp treatments, in about 4 months, my hair was growing one inch to 1.5 inches each month. -- These days I don't really use TT CC any more because the jojoba/tea tree oil combo gives my such great hair growth. Smiley Happy

Even though I have gotten the Wen Oils, I haven't started using them yet. I haven't been doing my overnight jojoba/tea tree oil treatments on a regular enough basis for a while. So I want to do these treatments on a regular basis for 3-4 months, and then switch over to the Wen Treatment Oils. This way I can compare the different results. I'm sure I'll be pleasantly surprised. 

@HSB1204 stick with the regular overnight Wen Oil treatments and I think you'll be really happy!!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I've been using WEN consistently for two years; hit and miss before that. I have been with the same hair stylist for over ten years. I am 73 years old but what we have found in the past two years is that my hair is not thinning like many older people and is very thick. In addition, it is growing faster and I have less hair loss. I don't use the full line of products, primarily the POM, sc and mousse. During the past six months, I have started relying more and more on 613 but still like the Pom. I have yet to try the 613 mousse.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@HSB1204 having to go through the Wen cycle twice was really . I think that when most people first make the transition to Wen that they spend the first 4-6 months focusing on what works best for them, and so they don't focus as much on the early changes. 

The second time around, I already knew exactly what to expect and so I really noticed all the early Wen changes. My hair was soooo happy the second time I went back to Wen. Since that time, shampoo has never touched my hair. I think I would rather have a bit of dirty hair for a weekend than ever use shampoo ever again.

I meant to ask you if you had been using the Treatment Oils because the oils were a game changer in terms of how quickly my hair grew. 

Pre Wen, I could go 4-5 between getting my hair cut because it just didn't grow. Once I started using the Tea Tree CC, my hair started growing. A few years later, once I started doing overnight 95% jojoba oil / 5% tea tree oil scalp treatments, in about 4 months, my hair was growing one inch to 1.5 inches each month. -- These days I don't really use TT CC any more because the jojoba/tea tree oil combo gives my such great hair growth. Smiley Happy

Even though I have gotten the Wen Oils, I haven't started using them yet. I haven't been doing my overnight jojoba/tea tree oil treatments on a regular enough basis for a while. So I want to do these treatments on a regular basis for 3-4 months, and then switch over to the Wen Treatment Oils. This way I can compare the different results. I'm sure I'll be pleasantly surprised. 

@HSB1204 stick with the regular overnight Wen Oil treatments and I think you'll be really happy!!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 Yes, I do use the oils on a regular basis. I have quite the oil stash so I've been doing overnight oil treatments every day so far this week. Cat Happy The TT oil has definitely helped with new hair growth but it's not really doing much for the existing hair. I guess my hair just naturally grows slower than a snail. Some months I should be lucky if it grows half an inch but I guess I'll take what I can get! Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@FleaMktQn Well, I checked again this morning, the 30th, and my 613 mousse is still sitting in South Carolina. I do believe a worker there has found my latest purchase and decided they'd like to try it too and loves it! ha! Well, at least it is another WEN convert!

Respected Contributor

@WorldTraveler wrote:

@FleaMktQn Well, I checked again this morning, the 30th, and my 613 mousse is still sitting in South Carolina. I do believe a worker there has found my latest purchase and decided they'd like to try it too and loves it! ha! Well, at least it is another WEN convert!

@World Traveler I hope your 613 mousse will eventually leave South Carolina. Usually once I receive the shipping notification it takes at least 4-5 days before the tracking updates to tell me where the package is at. Cat Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@WorldTraveler wrote:

@World Traveler I hope your 613 mousse will eventually leave South Carolina. Usually once I receive the shipping notification it takes at least 4-5 days before the tracking updates to tell me where the package is at. Cat Frustrated

@HSB1204 Thanks! It seems the things I don't care when they arrive come super fast. And the things I am sooooo anxious to get take their time getting to me. Oh, well.....

Respected Contributor

@WorldTraveler wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@WorldTraveler wrote:

@HSB1204 Thanks! It seems the things I don't care when they arrive come super fast. And the things I am sooooo anxious to get take their time getting to me. Oh, well.....

@World Traveler Yes, I really don't understand how that works. Lately I've received Wen packages from SC, NC and PA. I think NC was a little faster but most of my packages seem to take forever to arrive.