WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: Most Recent Visit to Chaz’s Salon

OH MY!  I saw the photo on Chaz's face book site but I didn't know that was you because I remember the way you used to have your hair.  Wow!  He did a fabulous job.  My hair is almost all platinum too.  I'm a Wen girl, this August will be eight years and I found my hair grows like weeds!  Last May I cut it from the top of my bum to the top of my shoulders and now it's to the middle of my back already.  Yes, I've heard his salon is so nice, it's like a retreat.  I'm so far away and it's not feasible for us to travel so I have to be content to see him on the Q.  I cry every time he goes back home.  I remember back in the fall some time, the show was about to begin at 6:00am on a Sat. morning and I jumped out of bed and quick got ready to watch, I was so happy.  I always keep the last show he did until he comes back to town.  I love seeing him and all the different models.  Yes, Amanda, she's really cute, he calls her his "little Mia Farrow"! 

Valued Contributor

Watched the periscope video @World Traveler. You asked great questions and impressed he remembered a lot from your last visit. Thank you for asking the questions a lot of us would like to ask but can't visit Chazs salon. 

Respected Contributor

Oh great post @World Traveler...

You look so great with your cute hair cut!...I love all the tips for thinner hair, mine is ultra baby fine & more on the thin side..A wonderful day & experience for you..Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So, @World Traveler. Can I ask what a hair cut costs with Chaz?  How much do you tip him( or do you tip him?)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler

How wonderful for you!  You look great, love the short style!

Thank you so much for sharing your visit with us!  I am SO happy for you, and appreciate all the information and advice straight from Chaz.

Must admit I'm envious!  Living on the E. coast, my chances of getting to go to the salon are slim, enjoying vicariously.

Heart Chaz & Team WEN!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

@World Traveler@Thank you for a very detailed post. How wonderful that you could get to his salon and had such an enjoyable time there. Really is so nice for you to share. Your hair looks very thick. Happy for you ❤. There is now a travel forum, maybe you could post your travels there too as was suggested by another OP in this thread. 

Honored Contributor

I will never again order WEN unless Chaz is on the air. The whole 'Chaz doesn't get credit for HIS products sold unless he is on air" is STUPID! Chaz has my support, not QVC.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@So, @World Traveler. Can I ask what a hair cut costs with Chaz?  How much do you tip him( or do you tip him?)

@SeaMaiden All his prices are on his website, including for his other stylists. For him it is $300. ReMoist is $50 (but I did it the night before at home). Last time I had them do the ReMoist, just to see if I am applying it correctly, using the right amount, keeping it on the correct amount of time (they had it on for 30-45 minutes the first time I did that, and I was put under the dryer during that time).

@Suz585 could tell you better on the highlighting and other things, but I think the cost for that is on his website too. If I recall, the other stylists are $150 for a haircut.

Although many would rightfully say that $300 is a lot to pay for a haircut, I look at it as $300 to spend time with the master, asking questions specific to my needs, and getting his report card on what I am doing right or wrong. If I am doing something wrong or not bringing out the best in my hair, then I want to be corrected on it ASAP.

It was gratifying to me to hear him say that everything I was doing is working well, just do the ReMoist twice a week instead of once a week I have been doing (and remember to add the oil to the Remoist routine). I see this as a one-on-one consultation, and if it means I cut WAY down on my Starbucks to once a week instead of every day, then it is well worth it to me.

As to tipping, I felt the same way @Suz585 did.....I wanted to tip him; and I tipped the gal who washed my hair. They spend a whole lot more time washing my hair than I do! ha! And I washed it that morning, didn't put any mousse, paste, etc., on it. So it was basically clean. You can either add the tip to the total or they have envelopes you can use for the individuals you want to tip.

Although I had talked about it to his front office before, I again told his receptionist that I definitely wanted to tip Chaz, but that it is sometimes hard to know about whether or not one should be tipping the owner. She was so gracious and said not to feel guilty if I didn't want to tip him. It was fine either way. So there is no pressure to do so. It really is up to you. My tip to him was probably like mere coins (chump change? is that the saying?) in his pocket, but I tipped more to show my appreciation than to help him make a living; know what I mean? And he definitely spent a lot of time with me, talking, discussing things, taking me upstairs to his office to take photos, checking the camera several times for exposure, etc., while others were taking the photos. He directs the whole "shoot" and they are great followers of his instructions.

Because we didn't take the time to Remoist this visit, I was out sooner than before; thus, I was not there when the Angels finally arrived. I kept asking about it.

Oh, and by the way, I purposely said nothing about Periscoping; I just wanted to zip in and out that day. But when I started asking all my questions, he told me to stop, and that he felt the questions would be good for others to hear. He said my questions were basic WEN 101 questions. So he called in my hair washing gal to videotape it, and then she traded off with Chris in doing the filming. 

I did not know he put the photo on Face Book. I will have to look. The photos I posted were ones taken with my camera by his staff. Last time it took so long to get copies sent to me, that I just wasn't going to ask. Maybe I will ask.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I will never again order WEN unless Chaz is on the air. The whole 'Chaz doesn't get credit for HIS products sold unless he is on air" is STUPID! Chaz has my support, not QVC.

@SurferWife

ITA.  

Think it's a dumb, dumb rule, I mean why in the world wouldn't CHAZ DEAN get credit for ALL WEN orders?

But, I'll follow it because it's Chaz, only because it's Chaz.

Kisses on the nose to Mr. Toby!

Heart Chaz Dean & Team WEN

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

Your hair looked beautiful and I am sorry I didn't get to watch.  I had my mom ( who is much older than you, 80) watch that one because her hair is similar to yours.  She really enjoyed it and was able to get some tips!!!

Happy travels with your no fuss hair !!!!!

@Suebdoo Hmmmmm.....she's not that much older. I turn 72 in June! Never felt better. 

So glad she benefited from watching the segment.

One of my friends at work told me that there evidently was a thread about gray hair on the WEN forum and someone wanting to know about the products' effects on silver hair or maybe it was about which products to use. Not sure if I got that right or who it was, but for me, my hair is better looking with WEN. Before WEN, it was very white and lacked any color (which may seem strange to say since it is white. ha!). 

What I have found now with almost two years of WEN, I have color (or maybe it is highlights) that have come thru. There are golden tones. As Chaz always says: I can see the color God gave me. I was a "toe-head" growing up, blonde hair. And I definitely see shimmers of that popping thru. It probably doesn't show on the photos, but definitely in person. I get compliments often on my hair and how people see more color now than before.

I think the former model for Chaz who had the gray hair, JoAnn, also had some color to her gray hair that started coming thru when she started with WEN.