WEN

Honored Contributor

Most Recent Visit to Chaz’s Salon - March 2017

[ Edited ]

I was finally able to coordinate my schedule with Chaz’s, and after a couple of reschedules, able to see him on March 4 for a haircut. Was supposed to be the prior week, but QVC called him after I had scheduled for that day and wanted him to do some filming for their Red Carpet Beauty show.

As before, going to the salon is a wonderful experience. All his assistants are super nice and endeavor to make you feel right at home, each coming up to you and introducing themselves, if you haven’t already met. The drive to still more than I would like to make, but he is worth it.

@A New Hue – I told him of your concern voiced on the forum about his back sometime ago, and he was so moved that you would think of him. (I hope I have the right person who wanted me to check on his back when it first happened many months ago.) He thought that was so nice of you.

@Suz585 – I mentioned how much you enjoyed your visit last year and loved what he did with the highlights in your hair. I reminded him of how he had you jump up and down while you were in heels, in order to show the movement of the cut and how the highlights showed up so well when you did that. Smiley LOL

@77yangya – I mentioned your love for his men’s products, that you like them all. He smiled because he recognized your name right away from social media.

The goal this time was not only to have my hair cut super short, but also to have him check how I am doing in the thinning hair area. He takes photos; so it was not hard for him to tell from my previous visit how well my hair is responding to his suggestions. He quickly noticed that it has completely filled in. He has asked that I stay with the Tea Tree for the first cleanse. My first visit with him when he told me to use 613 as my second cleanse, he listened to how much I enjoyed the seasonals, and said to “at least add 613 to the seasonals.” I am assuming it is because of the protein in 613 that he wants me to take advantage of, in order to help build up my very thin hair.

My report card on how my hair is doing is A+. If you saw Periscope a week ago, you may remember him calling me “A Very Good Student.” The balding area in the back has filled in and he mentioned that I should continue to take care of that area. He saw no split ends at all and knew that I was continuing to use Tea Tree oil every night. The only thing he wanted me to change is to do the ReMoist twice a week instead of once.

I mentioned to him that before I started using WEN (will be two years in June), I would have to take a comb every week to clean out my brushes full of hair. Now, and this is no lie, I might see one strand of hair every once in a while. No longer do I have to weekly remove hair from the brush. I always thought it was normal for hair to just come out naturally, some being replaced; and others not, as you age. So this is a really big deal to me.

This time I asked that he cut it as short as his QVC model, Amanda. He was having way too much fun taunting her on Periscope, something to the effect that she better watch it, as I was lower maintenance than she was! LOL!

I got to try the new Cherry Blossom, as my TSV from September that will have this new scent will not ship until the end of this month. I really liked it. It is not heavy. I have not been particularly fond of the spring scents, staying instead with others seasons like Ginger Pumpkin, Mango Coconut, Vanilla Mint, etc., but I am looking forward to receiving my order. It is lighter than I thought it would be. CeeCee, who washed my hair, put a lot on, and she kept it on me a long time. It was not overwhelming for me, and will be a nice relief scent in my arsenal of stronger scents. It performed beautifully, but that may have been because the “master” was working on my hair!

I love the cut and he tapered it, texturized it, whatever you call it, to the point that all I do is wash it, run my fingers thru it, and don’t need to blow dry or do anything else. A little men’s paste, and I’m good to go. I will definitely have to go back more often, because I don’t want this style to grow out.

He used mousse on me, the 619 texturizing spray, and the men’s paste. It all made me feel like I had thicker hair than I know I have. It was wonderful. He also used the new Light hairspray. He also sprayed quite a bit on the back of my hand, and then came back later, and there was no stickiness; my hand was sooooo smooth feeling.

I mentioned that I wanted to use up my remaining three bottles of volumizing mist, which I had been using as hairspray before using the Light. I got the impression that he preferred I use the hairspray, because he said: "but the volumizing mist comes out wet." I remember him showing me how to use the mist last year: use it arms length away, lightly spray all over, let it set, then if you want or need to, to do that again. With the Light, you just need to spray it once.

I again asked many questions.

1. Will there be a Tuscan Pear ReMoist? He answered: Could be; be careful what you wish for.
  2. I asked if there would be a new parfum in the fall. He said it is kind of hard to imagine doing a parfum of, say, Ginger Pumpkin, my favorite. It always depends on how well a scent from CC will transfer over to a parfum.
  3. What new scents are you working on; how soon can we see a new one coming out? We got interrupted before I could get a complete answer, but I got the impression that he is working on Fall 2018 for a new scent. Of course, that could change and be sooner.
  4. Do you need to use a second cleanse when remoisting, since the second cleanse is supposed to be more as a conditioner step; and that is what the ReMoist is. He said yes, do a second cleanse before you ReMoist, because that way you know your scalp/hair is thoroughly clean.
  5. Should you ReMoist and use oil at the same time? Yes, because the ReMoist is for your hair and the oil is for your scalp. I had not been doing both at the same time before this.
  6. I asked about his trainer, who was Periscoped some time ago, showing his bald spot and going to the salon for the first time. He said Adam was no longer his trainer because of two injuries Chaz had sustained while working with him, so I guess he doesn’t see him now. But yes, it did help his scalp. Not sure they keep in touch now in order to know how much progress Adam has seen.
  7. Which bungalow burned down? It was the building that was used as a reception area. I was sorry to know it was that one because it always had two nice floor-to-ceiling displays of all his products, including the T-shirts. Now the reception area is in another building while the burned building is being worked on. I understand that may be finished by May. There will be a fireplace/fire pit in it (walk-thru area), and he explained how it would all look. He was a little hesitant with some of the suggestions having to do with the fire pit at first, but is now thinking it will look great.
  8. Does he get credit for pre-sales from the Insider? No, that does not count toward his quota, and the quota is what determines how often he is asked back, and how many times he appears when he is there. He also doesn’t get credit for QVC Plus, unless it was a live show. Imagine the same is true of Beauty IQ. He stressed again to me that he wants people to buy when they need/want to, but it doesn’t count toward his quota. So anyone complaining about the fact he isn’t on QVC enough, it’s because of the people who purchase ahead of time (my words, not his.).  If we could plan ahead better and be able to wait until the day he is there, it would help him reach the quota QVC has given him. If we all order before that, it hurts his chances of being on more days and also more times on those days he is there. That’s it in a nutshell! I did not think to ask if it counted if you purchase on the same day; or if it just when he is actually talking. Because if it is only the same day, anyone working would have 24 hours to order and be able to help him with his quota. As for me, I have been able to order at the right time, even when I am half way around the world. Last June while in Europe I was able to use my iPad (and one could use their phone app) and order at the exact time he was on the air. So....if there is a will, there's a way. Smiley Happy Just saying..........Heart
  9. I asked about the Angels because there was a concern over one of the dogs sometime ago. He said one of them (Hunter or Riley?) picked up something while on their morning walk. But everything is okay now. He appreciated the concern shown by all.
  10. Where did Spirit live, exactly? Where was she sitting when the photo was taken that he always shows on QVC? He pointed to where it was taken, which is right behind his station. It is the glass door area that now goes out onto a porch area. When you see him on Periscope and you can see into his mirror, you will see the glass door behind him and where she was when he found her. 

If I think of anything else he mentioned that I think you would be interested in, I’ll come back to the forum and post; otherwise, I rarely stop by, relying more on my friends at work to fill me in on the latest. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Most Recent Visit to Chaz’s Salon

Smiley Indifferent

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler

Sounds like you had a lovely visit!!!! Thank you for thinking of me, and all of us, asking all the questions then taking the time to post it here. You are an Angel!!! I hope to make it back to his salon next January, fingers crossed. Enjoy your lovely hair cut!!!!

**Suz**
Honored Contributor

@Suz585 Here is how it looks. I do pull a little down for bangs, but not much.

IMG_1101.JPG

IMG_1066.JPG

IMG_1079.JPG

Compared to last time.....

IMG_0943 2.JPG

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler

You look beautiful and very happy!!!! I'm jealous you can just run your fingers thru your hair to style it. What a great cut! Thanks for posting pics!!!!

**Suz**
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Suz585 It's the least I can do for a fellow salon visitor! Heart

I was very happy that day. That salon and the people there are so wonderful to be around. A little oasis in the middle of a very busy area of Hollywood. 

Thank you for the compliment!

Trusted Contributor

What beautiful pictures @World Traveler.  Love your haircut!   I'm on the east coast, so I'm a little past driving distance.   Thank you for sharing your visit with us.

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler what a great and detailed description!!  I'm impressed you remembered all the questions.....plus your own questions were awesome......like the one about Spirit !!

Your hair looked beautiful and I am sorry I didn't get to watch.  I had my mom ( who is much older than you, 80) watch that one because her hair is similar to yours.  She really enjoyed it and was able to get some tips!!!

Thanks for confirming when the sales of WEN counted and @bruingirl brainchild has said as well.  I'm trying to not read the WEN forum until TSV day.  Shame on QVC for doing it this way.

Happy travels with your no fuss hair !!!!!

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler

I'm glad you were able to go back again. Your hair looks great. I saw one of your pictures on Chaz's Facebook page and thought it looked like you!

And thank you for asking for clarification about what he does/does not get credit for in terms of sales on QVC. I still think it's ridiculous that he only gets credit when he's on air but there's nothing I need so badly that I can't wait until he's on. I do have to work on the day of the next TSV but unless something happens I can at least work at home so I can always multi-task. Cat Wink

Respected Contributor

Hi, World Traveler!!!!  So many times I've sat in the den, in the wee hours wondering where you are and when we'll see you again here!!!!  I'm so happy to hear from you!!!  Thank you for mentioning me to Chaz!!!  I thought she must be having a great time.  That's wonderful that you get to visit Chaz's salon and actually have him do your hair!  I'd be so shy!  I think the new scent he may be referring to is "Love".  I saw it mentioned somewhere a while back, I may be wrong, just my educated guess.  I was wondering myself where little Spirit was staying.  I always tell my husband that if it were anyone else, mostly, they would have sent her packing, telling her, I bought this property for my business so you have to go!  Chaz kept let her stay there for life.  VERY rare selfless act.  Yes, I remember, it was Hunter, after the walk I think he was having trouble with standing and I though it was hip dysplasia but it wasn't.  I'm not sure what it was, I think Chaz rushed him into veteranary hospital and now he's okay.  Whew!  Our kitty got laryngitis and we had her rushed into emergency.  We had to give her baby cough medicine.  She's okay now.  So Chaz remembered me from face book!  Wow, I remember once he was periscoping and he said my name.  I changed my name on face book to this one I use here for better anonymity.  I post all the time on Chaz's face book site.  Wow, so you had to keep re-scheduling your visit.  I guess both you and Chaz are very busy.  The last visit Chaz was on the show (QVC) he was talking about his fragrances that he made and I think he said, yes, I've done 11 now and Wen Men is up next.  World Taveler, I almost fell off my chair.  I rolled back the DVR and had to listen again!  I'm hoping he does the NBT along with it like he did the Light.  How about the Peony NBT!  I got three of them.  When it comes back in October I'm stocking up.  Yes, I've been hearing that if we buy when he's on or when his shows air he get more TV time.  What I try to do is if there is something offered that I just can't wait I'll get it but then when he's on I'll get some other stuff I like.  I love all the Wen products and use all the CCs styling cremes, just all of it.  Wen Men is my top fav.  Oh yeah, I love the Ginger Pumpkin too!  That was his first seasonal and that one is high on my favorite seasonal scent.  I loved the Winter Red Currant and found the oil is extremely hydrating!   Oh!  I love the new Finishing Spray!  I use it after every blow dry.  It's AMAZING!!!  The results, just fabulous!  Sounds like he did your hair really super!  Really, all his assistants introduced themselves to you?  Unheard of where I live.  I did find a really nice lady that will use my Wen on me and she does very good work, is knowledgeable.  Where in Europe did you go?  Maybe you could tell us your experiences on your "travels"!  Thank you so very much for posting.  It's so uplifting to hear from you and all the info you gave.  Don't be a stranger!  My love to you, XO.