WEN

Esteemed Contributor

@StillFuntoShop - sorry, I typed the note, saw your note and hit send anyway - oy, its been a long day - don't like this time change!

Respected Contributor

I don't think the shelf life of the 613 products is as long as some of the other products. I had a 613 replenishing mist that went bad. It smelled bad and had some discoloration. I had it for awhile. I threw it out. 

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
QVC Customer Care

Hi @mom4321 Please email us at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com and we will be happy to look into this for you.

Honored Contributor

Mold will grow in products where moisture is introduced, I had this happen with  expensive skin care I purchased from Isomers at Shop NBC years ago. Of course it was past the 30 day return period so I had to contact Isomers directly. I got zero satisfaction from Isomers, they wanted me tp pack the contaminated moisturizer up and return it to them in Canada so they could find out why it went bad. Our local post office would not send it because it was contaminated so I just cut the top off the plastic container, removed the mold and put it in another container. It grew no more mold and did not smell so I used it up without a problem. I didn't buy product from Isomers for years after that incident

Regular Contributor

Thank you. I will contact qvc its definite been over 30 days I've only had it opened for a couple months though 

Honored Contributor

Don't forget there is now a Customer Care forum for the mods to be alerted to help with issues like this.  You are lucky one of the mods saw the problem over here .  I hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction.

Honored Contributor

Re: Moldy Wen 613

[ Edited ]

I used it with my Clarasonic...result - black mold everywhere!!!! It wasn't 613 - it was WVM.

I wonder if this is because the product is natural with no preservatives???

I started a thread on Beauty re: my issue - it was the worst, most disgusting black mold build up that I have ever seen anywhere - after using the same machine for many years with Cerave and no problems at all.

I obviously will never use WEN again with my Clarasonic though!

Honored Contributor

And AGAIN begs the question, 'where IS that quality control in that INFAMOUS RETURNS DEPARTMENT'?

Selling returned goods as NEW at prices as if new.  This is absolutely disgusting. 

Again, I would not contact CS as they do nothing but say something that they think you may want to hear - that infamous line 'OH I'M SORRY'.

Email the q from the 'contact us' page and wait for someone there to respond.  For me at least this seems to be the best way to clear up this matter, and it may also be the ONLY way you'll get s/h charges credited back.  Not guaranteeing but more times this works rather than CS saying 'I'm sorry'.

I also would not be buying WEN here or anywhere else.  WEN is not all that.  This is like reselling opened packages of any type/brand of makeup too - DISGUSTING.  And another reason no matter where I buy beauty products from that don't use SAFETY SEALS.  AND I call various companies on this act too.

Super Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@StillFuntoShop - sorry, I typed the note, saw your note and hit send anyway - oy, its been a long day - don't like this time change!

@riley1 - great minds think alike! I hear you about the time change. I had read that it can take our bodies up tontwo weeks to adjust! 😴

Respected Contributor

@terrier3 I'm not bashing...I use and like WEN--but it's not all-natural, and does contain one or two preservatives, if I'm not mistaken.

I know a lot of Wenners rotate open bottles in and out of their showers constantly, which means an open bottle may sit for awhile. But fear of spoilage is one reason why I only have 2-3 open bottles at any one time, and don't open another until one is used up.