WEN

Trusted Contributor

All the models look like they just came from a salon visit ~ their hair is gorgeous ~

But......

I keep watching hoping that just one time they would show the after with just air dry hair ~

I have long curly /wavy hair ~ been using WEN for years and most of the time I just air dry my hair ~ withleave in CC and maybe a few drops of oil ~ 

I feel like the before and afters then would be a better comparison .

AM I the only one who thinks this ?

Honored Contributor

@CoastalGal wrote:

All the models look like they just came from a salon visit ~ their hair is gorgeous ~

But......

I keep watching hoping that just one time they would show the after with just air dry hair ~

I have long curly /wavy hair ~ been using WEN for years and most of the time I just air dry my hair ~ withleave in CC and maybe a few drops of oil ~ 

I feel like the before and afters then would be a better comparison .

AM I the only one who thinks this ?

@CoastalGal   I agree....OR  ar least style the befores so the comparison is more fair.  No ones hair looks great  without styling.... it is just buyer beware.  

Honored Contributor

If you watch QVC with any regularity you will see what some of the WEN models look like with hair that is not salon styled. IMO none of the models hair looks as good when they do it or let it air dry as it does when it's salon styled. I think people get that and just like the products for what it does for their hair.

Esteemed Contributor

@CoastalGal 

It's probably a timing issue. Takes my hair overnight to dry. But yes, I'd like to see models with air dried hair too. But then that's not really "styled" anymore . 

Respected Contributor

None of the models' hair in the befores have ever looked like the pictures.  Ridiculous.

And now Chaz is claiming that blonde Maria's hair is lighter - platinum -  due to WEN.  GMAB. 

Respected Contributor

@FranandZoe  Not just any WEN the WEN Bella INDIGO.  The TONER. It's supposed to brighten the lightness.  hth.

Respected Contributor

I did not order because I am only using WEN on mid shaft down but maybe it's my huge 55" TV but the lady in gray hair with a bob type style, I am sorry but her hair was picking up blue / purple hues  - I even yelled for my husband to look and asked him what color her hair looks and he said well it's gray but it looks purple/blueish and he had NOT even seen the presentation for the Bella (blue) item.

Super Contributor

No one's hair looks the same when air dried compared to a blow out. If it did, salons set up to specifically to blow out hair wouldn't exist.

He's discussing how Maria's hair looks when she uses the Indigo formula, which has a blue toner in it.

@FranandZoe wrote:

None of the models' hair in the befores have ever looked like the pictures.  Ridiculous.

And now Chaz is claiming that blonde Maria's hair is lighter - platinum -  due to WEN.  GMAB. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Models Hair

[ Edited ]

Toner is supposed to tone down the brassiness in blonde hair - it won't completely change the color.

Sick of all the false claims.

Smoke and mirrors.

Super Contributor

Speaking as someone who has used Indigo and has blonde hair, it does make the lighter parts look paler by toning down any golden tones.

Yes it is smoke and mirrors. He did say it was temporary and will wash out. And at least on my non-porous hair it takes a lot to give a blue tinge. I've used it full strength and, contrary to Chaz' instructions, used it as a leave in and my hair had a very slight blue tinge. My DH didn't even notice it until I pointed it out.

That being said, to be safe, don't use it near light colored materials or wash it out quick if you do get some on clothing. It can stain.