WEN

Trusted Contributor

@LexaMom wrote:

One thing Chaz said that made me question the impact of the Indigo.  Someone asked if it would make their hair look more ashy.   He kept saying no - but when he talked about his own hair - he said it turned icy and that is how he liked it.   Ashy?  Icy?  I know when I had blonde highlights and used a purple rinse - my blonde turned ashy.   I am really wondering how red hair will react to it.    I hope some redheads try it and let us know.

Hi @LexaMom .  I am a natural redhead and do not color.  My hair is a little more strawberry blonde than fiery red as I age.  The indigo made my hair darker. Not brighter as it used to be when I was younger, but darker.  I guess it made it look more auburn.  I didn't care for the effect.  

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Re: Models Hair

[ Edited ]

Ricki Lynn, my hair was naturally ash blonde when I was younger, but now I'm going grey.  When Chaz is talking about "icy" I know just what he means, because Indigo does the same thing for my hair.  "Ashy" is a dull, flat grey tone, "icy" is a clear, silvery grey tone.   The only time I ever have or had golden highlights was after summers spent in the sun as a child or teenager, when I'd spray it with "Sun-In" and slather my skin with baby oil to try to become the "California blonde" girl that was popular at the time, but now that I've aged way out of that style, I don't spend enough time in the sun to get much gold at all any more, so I really value the Indigo, because it makes my hair brighter and shinier, instead of dull grey.  I'm looking forward to going all the way grey, so that Indigo has an even greater impact on my hair color.

Valued Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

"Ashy" is a dull, flat grey tone, "icy" is a clear, silvery grey tone.   

When I used to highlight my hair, I used purple shampoo on it - and it made my highlights closer to a platinum color.  It never turned them grey.  I liked the effect, but I don't think it looks good on all skin tones.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of bumping up old thread