WEN

Contributor
I happen to catch Chaz on QVC2 last night. I’m wondering if someone can tell me why he is not on very much anymore. I miss his shows and I miss seeing all the beautiful ladies. I wonderful if they will ever go back to his studio visits or is this the new normal…. I hope not.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Missing the many WEN shows

It might be due to the class action suit they had years ago, where WEN made the customer's hair fall out. I was one of them! It was awful. Well it may Work beautifully on some peoples hair, others experience baldness, hair loss, hair thinning and that can be traumatizing. Maybe that's why they backed out a little bit.

Honored Contributor

You already hit on the biggest reason he's not on as much.  

The gallons are pushed back to September this year because of lack of raw materials and supply chain problems.  Also, much of the WEN inventory was stored in QVC's warehouse that burned.  It's slowly being replenished.

Without much product to sell, how can they have many shows?  Who knows if things will ever get back to what they were before?

I will say though, even though WEN is still very popular, there weren't as many full length shows even before the pandemic started.  Chaz often does more hits on some of the beauty shows.

And let's face it, the more WEN you buy when he's on air, the more he'll be on air.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thank you for responding @geezerette!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Contributor

thank you ladies. I will certainly continue to buy when I do catch him on the air. I love his products and have been using them for quite a few years now. Makes my silver hair just shine and so healthy and so thick. Very healthy scalp too. I’m so looking forward to seeing him back at the studio hopefully one day. Feel terrible about the fire, frankly about everything… Thank you again ladies for replying.
Frequent Contributor

Last time I asked (a few months ago) I was told they lost most of their supply in the fire.  

Honored Contributor

@Catbelly wrote:

Last time I asked (a few months ago) I was told they lost most of their supply in the fire.  

@Catbelly 

That is also true--on the QVC end.  Most of their WEN supply was stored in the warehouse that burned.

I saw in one poster's comment here some time ago that customer service told her that QVC has been using a third party warehouse/shipper since that fire.  If that's true (and I certainly do not know if it is), I could assume that QVC would not want to order too much stock in order to keep their payments to that warehouse down.  That is my assumption only.  So I believe this may be why there is such a low stock of WEN on QVC right now.

But the supply problem was on Chaz' end.  He couldn't get the materials in time to manufacture the products and get them to QVC in time for June.  He couldn't even start manufacturing until about the middle of May.

Two separate problems, the end result of which is little product availability for customers.