WEN

Valued Contributor

Mens new CC VS Fig for moisture?

I was thinking of buying the new Wen CC for men but was wondering how moisturizing it is. My DH uses Fig because his hair tends to be dry and Fig is very moisturizing. Would love some feed back from anyone who has use it, on how it compares with the other cc, especially Fig. TIA

Trusted Contributor

Re: Mens new CC VS Fig for moisture?

I tried Wen Men, on its own, and while it provided plenty of  moisture, to the medium texture areas of my hair, it did not adequately moisturize the coarser sections. 

The best thing I like about Wen Men is that it leaves my hair and body smelling fresh and clean. 

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

I haven't tried WEN Men, but I know it's rice based and none of the rice-based formulas I've tried have been a good match for my hair. I really need Fig for moisture and the only way I've been able to use the rice based cleansers is to mix them with Fig. I even have to mix the Mandarin Italian Fig with Fig to give me enough moisture. Based on that, I've never reordered a second rice based cleanser and probably won't order the WEN Men. I am hoping the WEN Men oil gets sold separately at some point because I want to try the scent, but don't want to buy the cleanser. Rice base formulas have been like throwing money down the drain for me and I'm done with them.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue I bought the WEN MEN duo & I really like the oil, but the CC is just OK in perfornace for me. The CC has a much milder scent than the oil. Citrus peels & spice is the way I'd decribe the oil, there's no clove in it but to me it smell like clove.

I can't compare it to the core FIG cuz it's one of the 3 formulas I haven't tried.

Valued Contributor

Thank you all for your replies. I think I will stay with the Fig for my DH since his hair needs lots of moisture.