WEN

Trusted Contributor

Re: Me and my Tea Tree, the stupid thing I did.

@BethanyB wrote:

@yisbuff2 wrote:

Oh my goodness! Oh no! I'm so sorry that happened to you. I'm glad that you got what you need for a happy scalp. I hope that never, ever happens again.

Maybe this is a dumb statement, but some other folks use Wen CC as body wash. Would it be possible to use it on your body, or is it all just no good?

Not a dumb statement at all! I can't use it as a body wash because it was the lotion and CC I mixed, but I can still use it as a lotion. My mom uses her Spring Orange Blossom (SOB) as a lotion. She loves the smell so when she gets out of the shower she puts it on. She says she loves how soft it makes her skin. So I guess it wasn't a total loss. I did learn how important Tea Tree (TT) is to my routine. Smiley Happy

Ooooh that makes sense! I'm glad you get SOME use of out it. Also, you ladies are teaching me SO MANY uses for Wen products. I'm going to try a fall seasonal, and you made me realize that if I'm not into the CC I could use it as lotion. I can't justify the cost for just shave cream, but I CAN for lotion! (Rationalizations about - haha)

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yeouch!! 

That socks.

If you have or get the 613 BTC there is less chance of having another mix up. <<<---- enabling 101

edited: meant 613 Body Treatment Cream, not 613 Bamboo Green Tea

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

@sailor moon wrote:

Yeouch!! 

That socks.

If you have or get the 613 BGT, there is less chance of having another mix up. <<<---- enabling 101

sailor moon, lol, you need to start that thread. It's much needed here: 

Enabling 101: the WenStory

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

BethanyB, you've certainly made lemonade out of lemons since you can still use your Super-Frankenbottle of CC/BL as a lotion, but I sure sympathize with you on losing the last of your TT CC for a whole week, I'd be miserable, too, and I don't have quite as severe a scalp issue you do.   I wound up with a ridiculous amount of WVM CC in the 32oz size, and I dated the two shipments of the auto-delivery with a black Sharpie marker so I'd know which ones to use first.  I don't know if Sharpie marker will hold up in the shower, but at least it would let you see "LOTION" across the bottle in the cupboard, and those ought to last since, they don't get wet.  Best Wishes!

Honored Contributor

BethanyB,

So sorry this happened!  OUCH!  Feeling your pain, I have medication induced itchy scalp and TT oil and CC are the ONLY things that help, I've tried prescriptions too.

Well there is one other thing besides WEN TT OIL and CC that helps, but only while I'm using it ~ holding ice on my scalp.  Doesn't do much for the hair style though!

Best wishes to you.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@BethanyB wrote:

@ANewHue wrote:

Oh Bethany I'm so sorry that happened to you especially with your last bottle.  If it makes you feel any better, I had two major screw ups recently, using lader lotion instead of the BCC and then there was the night I lost a whole 4 oz bottle of tea tree oil!  I was sick. Couldn't believe it happened either still can't.  I propped it up on something that should have been stabile and turned to answer the door all of a sudden I heard that noise of the oil leaving the bottle by the time I got to it it was ALL gone.  Smiley Sad. I feel for you.

@Oh, @ANewHue, I don't know what I'd do if I lost a whole oil! That must have been horrible. I totally agree with Happydaze, the labels should be different. The Cleansing Conditioner, Body Wash, and Lotion Bottles are identical. I just feel so silly for not reading the "fine" print. Luckily I have my TT oil and I've been using it several times a week. But I guess there is no replacement for the TT CC. 

Yep ,your right about the labels. As much as I understand CHAZ wanting the same pics on the products sometimes I'm just in a hurry to get in the shower or Im tired plus I take so many bottlels in the bathroom with me.  Even when I thought I was being real careful it still happens.  That TT oil fiasco was devastating as you could imagine,  I swear there must have been a ghost around here because I took the time to make sure it was secure so it wouldnt happen and the cats were not in the room.  Last time I will be answering anything when my oils are out.

Honored Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:

@BethanyB wrote:

@ANewHue wrote:

Oh Bethany I'm so sorry that happened to you especially with your last bottle.  If it makes you feel any better, I had two major screw ups recently, using lader lotion instead of the BCC and then there was the night I lost a whole 4 oz bottle of tea tree oil!  I was sick. Couldn't believe it happened either still can't.  I propped it up on something that should have been stabile and turned to answer the door all of a sudden I heard that noise of the oil leaving the bottle by the time I got to it it was ALL gone.  Smiley Sad. I feel for you.

@Oh, @ANewHue, I don't know what I'd do if I lost a whole oil! That must have been horrible. I totally agree with Happydaze, the labels should be different. The Cleansing Conditioner, Body Wash, and Lotion Bottles are identical. I just feel so silly for not reading the "fine" print. Luckily I have my TT oil and I've been using it several times a week. But I guess there is no replacement for the TT CC. 

Yep ,your right about the labels. As much as I understand CHAZ wanting the same pics on the products sometimes I'm just in a hurry to get in the shower or Im tired plus I take so many bottlels in the bathroom with me.  Even when I thought I was being real careful it still happens.  That TT oil fiasco was devastating as you could imagine,  I swear there must have been a ghost around here because I took the time to make sure it was secure so it wouldnt happen and the cats were not in the room.  Last time I will be answering anything when my oils are out.

I get this too, but It seems that the bottles themselves could be diffrent colors, or at least have different color lids.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

BethanyB,

So sorry this happened!  OUCH!  Feeling your pain, I have medication induced itchy scalp and TT oil and CC are the ONLY things that help, I've tried prescriptions too.

Well there is one other thing besides WEN TT OIL and CC that helps, but only while I'm using it ~ holding ice on my scalp.  Doesn't do much for the hair style though!

Best wishes to you.

Drythe, this helps explain why I think you and Bethany are so passionate about using the Wen oils. 

Wow, it the oils are helping both of you with your scalp issues, that says a lot about these ingredients. And that's an amazing testimonial for Chaz's knowledge of hair care ingredients. 

Drythe, do you find that the 613 CC and oil has the most beneficial ingredients for your scalp... lol, of is it just that wenderful 613 scent that you want to bathe in? Smiley Wink

On Chaz's facebook chazdeanfanpage page, about a week ago someone posted before and after photos of how 613 Nourishing Body Treatment (NBT) has helped healed a wound on her hand in less than a week. The posting was about a week ago. I think Nancy Provenza wrote the post. It was very impressive. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Bethany!  It figures that would happen when you're on your last bottle.  I like bebe's idea of a sticker.

That seems to happen a lot.  Someone posted a review on how bad one of the CCs was and she had used the body lotion.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh Bethany I just read this. horrible. You have to just let it go on the budget/ordering issue. At this point, it's pretty much a health thing. Gotta heal up that scalp. Hope it happens soon. What a bummer! I know how it is when you set a commitment not to order though. 

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012