WEN

Valued Contributor

Me and my Tea Tree, the stupid thing I did.

Well my Wen friends, I did a stupid thing. About 3-4 weeks ago I was trying to get some of my open bottles out of my shower. I had Way too many. I was combining bottles and I made 2 franken bottles (16oz) and I had a 32oz tea tree not quite half full and I noticed a half full bottle under my sink. I thought that was weird but no biggie I'll just make a full bottle. Tea tree is my staple. I use it for almost every cleanse in some way. So after all my hard work I showered. I used my TT for my first cleanse and couldn't get a good froth going. And it didn't feel like it rinsed out well. So for my second cleanse I was gonna mix my TT with another formula. I grabbed my bottle of TT and started pumping it out and noticed it was a different texture. Didn't notice the texture difference the first cleanse. I picked up my bottle and I had mixed my TT cleansing conditioner with my TT lotion!! And to top it off, it was my last bottle of TT! So I have been out of my beloved TT since. I told myself I would wait for the TSV to get more. I can't believe the difference in my scalp! It's not near as bad as it was when I first started Wen, but it's bad. My scalp is itching, I have some red bumps, and dry scalp. For anyone thinking my scalp issues are from the Wen, they are Not. My scalp was in really bad shape before Wen. I have a skin condition and Wen and the Wen treatment oils have healded my scalp and skin. I gave in on Sunday last week and ordered a TT and it arrived today!! Can't wait to cleanse tomorrow. And I definitely can't wait for the Insane TSV in a few weeks!! Definitely stocking up! And I guess the bright side is I can still use the lotion/conditioner combo as a lotion. Lesson learned! Always read the lables before you combine,Lol!!

Love my Wen, Love my Animals! God Bless You All!
Honored Contributor

Re: Me and my Tea Tree, the stupid thing I did.

oh no!!! As I was reading your post I had a feeling it would end up being something like that! Isn't there anything you can use on your scalp to prevent the itching, someyhing maybe from the derm?

I sure wish Chaz would put the lotions and body wash in different bottles because this seems to happen quite a bit.

Valued Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

oh no!!! As I was reading your post I had a feeling it would end up being something like that! Isn't there anything you can use on your scalp to prevent the itching, someyhing maybe from the derm?

I sure wish Chaz would put the lotions and body wash in different bottles because this seems to happen quite a bit.

Happydaze, I have tried many different products and several were prescribed from my dermatologist. I never got great results until Wen. The difference is Amazing. The very first time I used Wen was with Winter Cranberry Mint from GR. I noticed my scalp felt soothed. So a few weeks later I saw Chaz on the Q and heard him talk about the different formulas. Then from there I found you all, Smiley Happy , and was led to TT. Within a few weeks the itching had stopped and within 2 months all my scalp bumps were gone. From there I went to the oils and WOW! I still can't believe how much my skin has changed. The stuff from the derm helped a little but nothing like this and the shampoo he had me use made my hair awful. 

And yes, the lables really should be different. So from now on I am putting a big ol' piece of duct tape on my lotion bottles!! Lol! At least maybe I'm not the first Wenner to have done this. Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Oh Bethany I'm so sorry that happened to you especially with your last bottle.  If it makes you feel any better, I had two major screw ups recently, using lavender lotion instead of the BCC and then there was the night I lost a whole 4 oz bottle of tea tree oil!  I was sick. Couldn't believe it happened either still can't.  I propped it up on something that should have been stabile and turned to answer the door all of a sudden I heard that noise of the oil leaving the bottle by the time I got to it it was ALL gone.  Smiley Sad. I feel for you.

Valued Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:

Oh Bethany I'm so sorry that happened to you especially with your last bottle.  If it makes you feel any better, I had two major screw ups recently, using lavender lotion instead of the BCC and then there was the night I lost a whole 4 oz bottle of tea tree oil!  I was sick. Couldn't believe it happened either still can't.  I propped it up on something that should have been stabile and turned to answer the door all of a sudden I heard that noise of the oil leaving the bottle by the time I got to it it was ALL gone.  Smiley Sad. I feel for you.

@Oh, @ANewHue, I don't know what I'd do if I lost a whole oil! That must have been horrible. I totally agree with Happydaze, the labels should be different. The Cleansing Conditioner, Body Wash, and Lotion Bottles are identical. I just feel so silly for not reading the "fine" print. Luckily I have my TT oil and I've been using it several times a week. But I guess there is no replacement for the TT CC. 

Honored Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:

beaches, that's so upsetting when that happens. So far, I only have the Spring Orange Blossom (SOB) oil and I keep tucked back behind other bottles in my medicine cabinet.

Well, at least the fall TSV has a 4oz. oil in it. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@BethanyB , like HappyDaze, as soon as I started reading your post I knew it wasn't going to end well. That's such a shame that this happened. Every so often I read about this happening to someone. In fact it almost happened to me. I had bought a Lavender Body Cleansing Creme (BCC) when it was an OTO and forgotten about it. I also buy the LAV CC for a good friend of mine for birthday and Christmas presents. I almost gave her the BCC to use for her hair. lol, that would not have gone over well. 

I think that Chaz should change the labeling for both the BCC and the Nourishing Body Lotion (NBL) that are in the Classic line (SAM, TT, FIG, LAV, CA, & POM). It's just too easy to confuse those bottles with the CC bottles. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Oh my goodness! Oh no! I'm so sorry that happened to you. I'm glad that you got what you need for a happy scalp. I hope that never, ever happens again.

Maybe this is a dumb statement, but some other folks use Wen CC as body wash. Would it be possible to use it on your body, or is it all just no good?

Honored Contributor

Bethany, you might want to put some little stickers on your BCC and NBL bottles. I don't have a 16oz. bottle of LAV CC (I gave it to a friend of mine). Since I use the LAV CC as a body lotion, sometime, I put some LAV CC into an empty POM bottle. Then I put very small hearts and stars stick ums on the bottle so I can tell it apart form my POM CC that I'm trying to use up (because I don't really like the POM scent). 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@yisbuff2 wrote:

Oh my goodness! Oh no! I'm so sorry that happened to you. I'm glad that you got what you need for a happy scalp. I hope that never, ever happens again.

Maybe this is a dumb statement, but some other folks use Wen CC as body wash. Would it be possible to use it on your body, or is it all just no good?

Not a dumb statement at all! I can't use it as a body wash because it was the lotion and CC I mixed, but I can still use it as a lotion. My mom uses her Spring Orange Blossom (SOB) as a lotion. She loves the smell so when she gets out of the shower she puts it on. She says she loves how soft it makes her skin. So I guess it wasn't a total loss. I did learn how important Tea Tree (TT) is to my routine. Smiley Happy