WEN

Respected Contributor

Mandarin Italian Fig - WEN Recommendation on his Website

I am sorta revamping my WEN been using shampoo/cond and yep, hair is looking more dry and I think it's just time to find the formula that works for me.

I have been straying because I can't get body in my hair to save my life but now my hair just look dryer and I'm missing my stronger, moisturized hair I got from WEN.

So I went to his site, when I answered the questions Mandarin Italian Fig, Bamboo and Cucumber came up, ALL which I have never used.

Can anyone who used these tell me your thoughts?  Or, any tips on which to use for more bounce and body?

I tried the texturizing and volume spray - HATED both so I need to work on getting the right CC down.

Respected Contributor

Re: Mandarin Italian Fig - WEN Recommendation on his Website

Yes, those are all good.  ALL Wen cleansing conditioners are great.  I found, if you are looking for hydration and body and bounce and shine, I love the Bella duo that the Q has.  I use Bella Cleansing Conditioners and Bella Mousse and Styling Creme.  My hair is bouncy and shiny and has movement.  So hydrated.  I use a few pumps of 613 mixed in to when I cleanse.  Now, this is my feeling, I would NEVER use any shampoos.  Shampoo destroyed my hair, literally.  I've been a Wen girl, this August will be ten years and I don't need anything else however, if your hair is severely damaged, I would consider a nice cut and start with a blank page.

Well, that's my best shot....  Man Wink

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@77yangya 

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Is the Bella the one that is blue/purple?  I'm a little behind on all the WEN new items.

I will look for the Bella products you  mentioned and get them on order and get back to my Wen..ing.  I did a tretment mask last night and I have never stopped using the oils but I think my issue is just finding the right one that will provide me some body and bouce.

You know.... you are right about the shampoos, ever since I've been experimenting my hair is dryer and I have never had dry hair  Smiley Sad

Super Contributor

When you say you're looking for something to give your hair more body, is it because your hair is fine or super thick and heavy?

I'm not sure about Mandarin Fig, but I've found both Cucumber Aloe and Bamboo Green Tea are quite lightweight. CA is more astringent, so if you're fighting an oily scalp but dry hair, it can help there. As far as I know BGT is just a light formula, although conditioning for the hair.

Also, are you having issues with your hair not feeling fully clean. How often do you have to wash if you use WEN?

Respected Contributor

@RipleyGirl wrote:

When you say you're looking for something to give your hair more body, is it because your hair is fine or super thick and heavy?

I'm not sure about Mandarin Fig, but I've found both Cucumber Aloe and Bamboo Green Tea are quite lightweight. CA is more astringent, so if you're fighting an oily scalp but dry hair, it can help there. As far as I know BGT is just a light formula, although conditioning for the hair.

Also, are you having issues with your hair not feeling fully clean. How often do you have to wash if you use WEN?

@RipleyGirl   Thank you!!  I have hair to my bra line that I blow dry and put light curls in daily. I cleanse DAILY, I do not do 2nd day hair, I work 4 days a week so I do this at least 4 days a week and if we go anywhere on the weekend. I workout at night and my hiar is soaked, I hairspray my hair so I don't like trying to recurl as I feel that is damaging over sprayed hair.  I have checked with WEN CS and they told me daily use is fine, they have many that cleanse daily.

My hair is baby fine and I am 47 and have never colored it so the texture is soft, I don't really have much texture to my hair, I don't have gray hairs yet.

My hair retains moisture so well, when I use WEN I can really tell how moisturized it is because it takes me longer to blow it dry, I use medium heat, it takes me longer but better for my hair.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sandgirl, you mention in your latest post that you have relatively long hair that is fine.  Does your hair have any natural curl at all, or is it stick straight?  I ask because my hair is fine and very straight, I refer to it as militantly straight because it used to completely and totally resist all curling, even with heat.  I found that, no matter what CC I used, I could not get any curl or body in my hair at all unless I used heated styling tools (hot rollers, curling irons)  and then hair spray.  A year or so ago, I gave up and got a permanent wave, a chemical curl.  Now I can cleanse my hair, put in some styling creme, and have soft waves.  If I want anything more dramatic than that, I still have to use a curling iron, but for most days, since I'm retired, those soft waves are just fine. 

If you don't want to go chemical, and are content doing heated styling, then I'd suggest the most moisturizing of the WEN formulas.  Fig and Mandarin Italian Fig are both in that class, and available year round.  As long as you are using heated styling, make sure to use styling creme, it's very important to protect your hair from the heated tools.

Regarding Cucumber Aloe and Bamboo Green Tea, I found those both to work fine on my straight, untreated hair, but once I got my first perm, those formulas became too drying for my chemically treated hair.  I wouldn't suggest them for you if you are going to heat style, or, if you want to try them, just get 16 ounce bottles, so you aren't stuck with too much CC that doesn't work well for you.

There are so many seasonal formulas that work differently for different people that I hesitate to suggest any particular formulas, especially since I haven't tried many of the newer versions.   Also, since each group is only available for 3 months or so, just as you get a chance to try some and find the ones you like best, poof, they are gone. 

I hope this has been helpful, good luck in your switch back to WEN, I am sure you'll be much happier with your hair again very soon!

Respected Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@77yangya 

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Is the Bella the one that is blue/purple?  I'm a little behind on all the WEN new items.

I will look for the Bella products you  mentioned and get them on order and get back to my Wen..ing.  I did a tretment mask last night and I have never stopped using the oils but I think my issue is just finding the right one that will provide me some body and bouce.

You know.... you are right about the shampoos, ever since I've been experimenting my hair is dryer and I have never had dry hair  Smiley Sad

Hi doll!  Awww.  You're cute!  Yes it's the purple one but it does NOT turn hair blue/purple.  ut oh, I'm being paged.  The ReMoist Treatment is KEY, use it over night!  I'll have to come back! XO