WEN

Honored Contributor

For the record...I like a splash of water, but just a small one...in my Basil Hayden Kentucky Bourbon baby! Smiley Happy

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I use way more than a splash of water. I always wash my hair in the shower, with my back to the shower head. After applying my golf ball size cleanser to my hair, I tilt my head back quickly, getting my whole head wet. Takes about 1-2 seconds; that's all.

Respected Contributor

Hi World Traveler, that's egg xactly how I do mine!  LOL!

Regular Contributor

@Dcole3 EXACTLY!!! I had an allergic reaction to the body treatment that has arnica in it.  I, too, looked up the ingredients online and found that because of my ragweed allergy, I am sensitive to arnica.  I just stopped using it.  No lawsuit necessary!

Respected Contributor

@LAMS wrote:

@Dcole3 EXACTLY!!! I had an allergic reaction to the body treatment that has arnica in it.  I, too, looked up the ingredients online and found that because of my ragweed allergy, I am sensitive to arnica.  I just stopped using it.  No lawsuit necessary!

@LAMS I'm allergic to ragweed too but haven't had a reaction to any of the body treatments I've tried. 319, 613, PJP, or STP UNIBT... I am so glad because I absolutely love this stuff! Sorry you had a reaction.

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Occasional Contributor

Do you cleanse your hair every day?  I want to start applying oil every night but don't want to have to cleanse my hair every morning.  That is why I grew it out long so I can wear it up and not cleanse so often.  How much oil do you put in every night? 

Honored Contributor

@MN Mom You don't have to wash out the oil the morning after applying it, if you don't want to. Many people, including Chaz's model Wendy, use the oils every day and only wash once or twice a week. In fact, Wendy drops oil onto her scalp 2-3 times a day, depending upon whether or not she is out in the sun a lot. She has very tight curls, so it is not noticeable that she is treating her scalp when she does it. 

As long as you keep the oil on your scalp and you massage it in before it has a chance to drip down to your long hair, you should be fine and be able to not cleanse as often.

As an experiment some weeks ago, I tried putting some oil on my short hair every day, but didn't wash it the next morning. It was okay to do that as long as I worked fast to keep it on the scalp. However, to be truthful, I love the aromatherapy aspects of Chaz's various scents, so I don't mind washing it every day when I take a shower.

Frequent Contributor
@World Traveler Yes, Wendy uses the oil daily, but she also has ethnic hair. Not a good idea to suggest everyone can do that. If I did that, my hair would turn into a greasy, itchy mess.

Plus, some ... Like TT are pretty strong scented. I have to do the TT during the day when the hubby isn't home, the scent makes him ill.
Honored Contributor

@Dcole3 Understand completely. Heart

However, I must say that my gray hair, fine, and until WEN it was VERY thin, is able to handle the Tea Tree oil every day without washing it.

I tried it as an experiment to see if I could daily do it without having to wash my hair. I did that on a weekend, putting it in on Friday night, not washing it out Saturday, putting some more in Saturday night, and not washing it out Sunday morning, and again put some more oil on my scalp on Sunday night, and finally washing it out Monday morning before I went to work.

Although not my favorite way to do it, I proved to myself that IF I am VERY careful, I am able to get it mainly on the scalp and not all the rest of the hair, and not have that greasy/oily feel to the rest of my hair after a few days. I didn't do it several times a day, like Wendy does, but can see that if one is careful, it can be done her way.