WEN

Esteemed Contributor

@Alison Wonderland

"a splash" is only a problem if it's taken literally. And I suppose a literal splash would be enough for some heads.

My "splash" is about 6oz!

But Chaz/Gina/ the hosts are constantly encouraging people to contact Chaz's customer service with any questions, or if they're not getting the results they want and expect.

Chaz says "contact us if you have one question or twenty questions...

I don't believe people don't remember that when the package shows up on their doorstep and the phone numbers on the back of the bottle.

I put the blame on people who can't be compelled to make that call because ... why? I never could understand why they'd rather just complain.

They/Chaz/WEN don't stop at just making the sale, they want you to be a happy customer and presume you want to be a happy customer too. They'll work with you to achieve that but you have to reach out to them and state your issues.

Frequent Contributor
Well, first. Sorry that you started having hair loss. Hopefully you can see a dermatologist and see if it can be determined exactly what has caused it.

It is easy to blame WEN, especially since other's have done the same.

For those bringing up the lawsuit, yes, they settled. That doesn't imply guilt. Settling is probably a better solution in the long run than to drag it out, wasting more money. This way, they can move forward and put it past them.

Anyone can have an allergic reaction to different things. People have peanut allergies... Should we sue Peter Pan or Jiff? One thing I have wondered though ... I always listen when they talk about ingredients and to look them up online to see their benefits. So, when they started talking about Arnica, I looked it up online.
I read a lot about adverse affects. One of the things I read was that people who have allergies to things like ragweed etc... Could be sensitive to arnica. So, I had wondered which of his products have arnica. Maybe some people have a prob because of something similar.

The best advice I've heard is, if it seems to be affecting you adversely, discontinue use. Why would anyone continue using something that's not working for them?
Super Contributor

Wens company has already been sued for hair lose. Hundreds of people have sued and settlements have been paid out. Stop it immediately.

Regular Contributor

I used it a couple years ago and my hair stylist said it ruined my hair. I still have a small bald spot near one of my temples, which shows nicely when I wear pony tail. 

Football is my favorite season.
Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@Alison Wonderland

"a splash" is only a problem if it's taken literally. And I suppose a literal splash would be enough for some heads.

My "splash" is about 6oz!

But Chaz/Gina/ the hosts are constantly encouraging people to contact Chaz's customer service with any questions, or if they're not getting the results they want and expect.

Chaz says "contact us if you have one question or twenty questions...

I don't believe people don't remember that when the package shows up on their doorstep and the phone numbers on the back of the bottle.

I put the blame on people who can't be compelled to make that call because ... why? I never could understand why they'd rather just complain.

They/Chaz/WEN don't stop at just making the sale, they want you to be a happy customer and presume you want to be a happy customer too. They'll work with you to achieve that but you have to reach out to them and state your issues.

A "splash" is a problem because it's not a universal measurement. You say your "splash" is six ounces. Is that the same if you use a "splash" of grenadine in a mixed drink? That would be a bad drink, but maybe it's just right for hair. If you cannot measure it consistently, it's a bad measurement to use in instructions. (For the record, I get paid to write instructions and this would be used as an example of poor instructions by any of my colleagues.)

Chaz does say that people should call the number in his QVC presentations. But WEN is not just sold on QVC. It has been sold in Sephora stores, it's sold by infomercial, and it's sold on websites like Amazon, ebay, QVC, it's given as gifts, and more. That's a LOT of product that's being sold without the end users seeing Chaz say those words on QVC. And I'm not even sure the GR bottles (which are also sold on Amazon and eBay and were sold in Sephora) have his number on them. The QVC bottles and the GR bottles are different with different packaging and even different ingredients.

Esteemed Contributor

@Alison Wonderland,

There is no "universal measurement" of water in the instructions because, until we all have exactly the same hair, use exactly the same amount of the same formula(s), and personal preferences have been outlawed, we're going to have to leave it up to the individual and their common sense to find the best approximate amount for their "splash"

Most of us find it pretty fast without having a specific, consistent measured amount. But due to variances in water, hair types, even the weather, plus the individuality of users, some have more trouble than others finding their "splash", and for them help is available at customerservice@chazdean.com.

You must be completely dumbfounded when dealing with a recipe that calls for a pinch, a dusting, a handful, etc. or "season to taste".

My recipie for Sloppy Joe's calls for "bloops of ketchup". I don't get all exercised over the size of a "bloop".  

Contributor

@Lori1962 wrote:
Has anybody on here honestly had any a trouble with hair loss? I recently restarted using Wen come about a lot of product and it seems as though my hair is starting to thin and I'm very upset because I love the smell of Wen and not sure what to do

Im sorry youre going through this. In my case, I am taking low dose chemo and suffer from multiple auto immune issues that make my hair dry and brittle and fall out.

I started using WEN and it has saved my hair and new growth is happening. I thank Chaz for his products.  

Respected Contributor

No, I don't work for "Wen".  I enjoy it completely.  That's okay, you don't have to use it, then I don't have to worry too much about a sell out!  LOL!

Respected Contributor

Why don't you take all that boo hooing someplace else?  I see you don't have a life! LOL!

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

I put some of the blame on Chaz and Guthy-Renker for that. The bottles all say to add "a splash of water to evenly distribute," and that's it. It could do a better job of explaining it. A "splash" for me wasn't nearly enough and it doesn't mention the consistency you're going for, just to "evenly distribute" the product. I had to add a lot more than what I considered "a splash" of water and yes, it went from a thick paste to a frothy mix. He explains that in the QVC demos and says "frothy," but people aren't remembering that when the products shows up on their doorstep a week later and I'm sure it's the same when they order from TV or online and don't even see him explain it.

@Alison Wonderland, I agree with the water.  I cup my hands and fill with water, the pour it on my hair after applyin the CC (about three "cup fulls") then start my srub-a-dub-dubbing.  It most definitely gets frothy and dare I say, it looks "sudsy" when I look in my shower mirror.  About 1/2 way through my cleanse (each one), I'll add more water (generally three more "cup fulls") to keep it frothey the entire cleanse.  Then I rinse & repeat.

I agree WEN does require more than a "splash" of water to really get frothy, & I'm willing to bet a lot of women don't use that much water.  Some formulas do seem to get frothier than others, but I can say this morning when I was doing my 2nd cleanse with STP, by the time I finished adding my cup-fulls of water I was looking like I had shampoo in my hair.  In my final rinse it even looked like shampoo going down the drain.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.