WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lavender / CA Oils on sale for $20

@rochelleS wrote:

My lavender order went from in process to backorder. Anyone else see this too on your orders?

Yes, mine did too.

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge 

I see my lavender oil is back in process again. Hopefully it'll ship. I do hope this will not be a 5 or more year old product. Did anyone learn anything additional information about these oils? 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS 

Personally, I think Qurate calculated the odds and took a gamble on moving out QVCs old stock of WEN oil. It's been bad business on their part, costing QVC to sit on this inventory all this time.

Yeah...manufacturing dates will be some years back, I'm sure. 

That's the only explanation for the sizeable discount.

If they were newly manufactured oils the price would be tripled.

I emailed customerservice@chazdean.com, since QVC didn't provide ingredients for us.

The Lavender and Cucumber Aloe are cold pressed jojoba oil, with the essential oil as the scent. (The newer ones are a blend of oils, plus.)

Then I Googled Longevity of jojoba oil and found good news. The jojoba is not technically an oil, it doesn't oxidize or turn rancid, and has an indefinite shelf life.

Jojoba can be refrigerated, doesn't clog pores, is good for hair and skin in general, plus treats acne, dandruff, eczema, psoriasis, and other positives. 

I believe these oils QVC offered at $20. are part of the classic collection known as Hair, Bath, and Body.

So if you already use the Classic Body Cleansing Cream and Nourishing Body Lotion in CA or Lav, you'll know what these oils will smell like. True scents, not 'candied' to make them more generally appealing.

Edit-to clarify, the original classic Body Cleansing Cream and the Nourishing Body Lotion in classic scents, are still in current production.  

It's only the oils that were re-formulated, and the newer oil formulas are in current production.

Frequent Contributor

Sorry I missed these.  I love the original oils better than the new ones, they worked great on my hair/scalp.  Enjoy.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge wrote:

@rochelleS 

Personally, I think Qurate calculated the odds and took a gamble on moving out QVCs old stock of WEN oil. It's been bad business on their part, costing QVC to sit on this inventory all this time.

Yeah...manufacturing dates will be some years back, I'm sure. 

That's the only explanation for the sizeable discount.

If they were newly manufactured oils the price would be tripled.

I emailed customerservice@chazdean.com, since QVC didn't provide ingredients for us.

The Lavender and Cucumber Aloe are cold pressed jojoba oil, with the essential oil as the scent. (The newer ones are a blend of oils, plus.)

Then I Googled Longevity of jojoba oil and found good news. The jojoba is not technically an oil, it doesn't oxidize or turn rancid, and has an indefinite shelf life.

Jojoba can be refrigerated, doesn't clog pores, is good for hair and skin in general, plus treats acne, dandruff, eczema, psoriasis, and other positives. 

I believe these oils QVC offered at $20. are part of the classic collection known as Hair, Bath, and Body.

So if you already use the Classic Body Cleansing Cream and Nourishing Body Lotion in CA or Lav, you'll know what these oils will smell like. True scents, not 'candied' to make them more generally appealing.

Edit-to clarify, the original classic Body Cleansing Cream and the Nourishing Body Lotion in classic scents, are still in current production.  

It's only the oils that were re-formulated, and the newer oil formulas are in current production.

@x Hedge 

Thanks for taking the time and your effort in researching these oils. I greatly appreciate your sharing everything too. 💖 Interesting to learn more about the properties of jojoba oil. I had no idea that it's not technically an oil, nor its indefinite shelf life. I have yet to try any of the Wen body cleansing cream products or body lotions but am a big fan of the NBT's. I am familiar with and love the scent of the Cucumber Aloe CC but didn't order the essential oil. I went for the Lavender and I see its again flipped into a backorder status. Who knows if it'll ever be delivered at this point. But if I do receive my order, I'm much more comfortable knowing about its shelf life...thanks to you. Has your order shipped? Or anyone else's?  I guess if it's meant to be, I'll get mine sooner or later. But that doesn't stop me from SMH at the funky inventory and ordering system and quanity control qvc has. I placed my order right after the original post. Go figure...🤔🤔🤔

Esteemed Contributor

@rochelleS 

The CA cc smells of the menthol.

The CA RTM and BCC smell alike, and are my favorites in that group.

The CA NBLotion was a eww-yuk smell at first. Ha ha. But I actually like it now, enough to have three bottles!

I hope the CA oil smells like the CA RTM. That's become one of my favorite WEN scents for 'pineappleing'.

I'm thinking of a -what if- possibility.

What if their computer showed these older oils in their inventory, so Qurate said pick a weekend and "Sell!"

So they did...with some decision maker looking at the stock numbers in each warehouse, not realizing the WEN Lavender-mint oil is not the same as the WEN Lavender oil.  (likewise with cuke.)

But (what if) warehouse managers destroyed these discontinued cosmetics long ago after they sat x-number of years without a single sale. 

So they're not available to ship out.

So (what if) QVC contacts Chaz saying we need to buy more of these right away. Chaz will say we haven't made that in years and don't have any...but we can give you Lavender Mint & Cucumber Thyme oils.

So (what if) QVC doesn't want to send out something that's NOT at all what the WEN customer ordered, but doesn't want the embarrassment of selling something that didnt exist when they sold it?

Well, what if?  It's just a fantasy.

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge 

Oy! You are SOOO funny...

I quickly scanned some, but not all of the reviews on the CA essential oil. I saw many didn’t care for the scent, which surprised me. I love, big time love, the CA remoist! Delicious. I don't recall menthol in the remoist and honestly, I'm so tired and too lazy to look now. To me, the fragrance is refreshingly soft, clean and green. The reviews did confuse me somewhat and I thought "what if" it's different from what I know it to be... the lavender was a no brainer. And here we are patiently waiting.......

Is anyone seeing any progress with their orders???

Esteemed Contributor

@rochelleS , and other Wenners who ordered the recent Lavender or Cucumber Aloe Bath, Body, &Hair oil.

I got my two letters today from QVC. They're dated 2/28/19.

They write,  "We owe you an apology."

Also, "We are working with the vendor to obtain additional stock."

( good luck with that, QVC!) 

Yep, they sold something that's out of production and hasn't been available for years. Hmmmm...you probably could find some of this older stuff on eBay if you really wanted it.

They will notify us if they're unable to obtain this stock. Until then, you're invited to modify (cancel) your order(s).

Esteemed Contributor

Just noticed the item numbers of what they sold, 

A176091

A176093

isn't the same as the item numbers on the letters from QVC.

As of now:

Their numbers go to a "sold out" dead end page.

But the real numbers go to a QVC product page, with correct photo showing old label, and product description, reviews.

Says "not available at this time". 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Weekly Update

After receiving the "We owe you an apology" letter I attempted to cancel my order.  That was about a week ago.

My order is currently both

"In Processing"  and   "Attempting to Cancel"

Can't wait to see how this ends up on my charge card.