WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: JULY WEN CHAT

[ Edited ]

@riley1 

@riley1 wrote:

@World Traveler - your on chaz' facebook? Has he said how his numbers/sales went for June? I know its still early for a final count, but was just wondering. Thanks

I haven't heard him say anything about the sales.

I remember a couple of summers ago, when I was there on July 7, he had not heard what the final numbers were. He said sometimes it takes a month, probably because of the 30-day return; not sure about that.

He was hoping they were good enough for him to have a TSV in September. Probably the same this time around too. He said he used to have September TSVs, but then his quotas weren't as high as QVC wanted, so there were a couple of years, I think, where he didn't have a TSV in September.

But that year the final count on his quota was good and he did have a TSV in September, but the sales for the TSV were "okay, but not as good as they could have been" because of two very famous people who had funerals the same weekend his TSV was, and people were watching the funerals on TV.

He said he had good sales, but not as good as they could have been, and he felt it had to do with the nation-wide focus on the funerals, which he understood. He liked both of those people, he said. I think it was during the time of the funeral for John McCann and Aretha Franklin. Whoever the people were, they were both on the same weekend as his TSV.

I'll let you know if I hear anything about his sales numbers for June. @77yangya have you heard anything from his Periscope videos?

Honored Contributor

WHOOOPIE!!!! UPS delivered my two NEW scents for Fall and Winter. Haven't opened them yet; hoping I won't be disappointed.

I was at the salon this morning for my second haircut since things have opened up, and I usually don't wash my hair the same day, but for WEN I will make an exception. I will do one of them tonight and the other tomorrow morning, then report back to you all. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler - Thanks for the info. Enjoy your new scents. Let us know what you think.

Contributor
What is tsv?
Respected Contributor

@Artista928 wrote:
What is tsv?

@Artista928   It stands for todays special value

Honored Contributor

REVIEW - Winter Wild Berry

I really like the new WWB that I just tried tonight. I find it to be light and refreshing; not a strong scent of any one single ingredient.

When I put it on my hair, I noticed that I didn't have to add much water, because the consistency for me was not that thick like, for instance, 613. This is easier to froth up.

The minute I opened the bottle and took a deep sniff, the scent that hit my nose was the wild cherry, which is not high on the list of ingredients. But after applying and mixing it with water, I could get the full sensation of the blackberry and raspberry. Didn't pick up the pomegranate in it, but really they all mixed so well, there wasn't a really strong, distinct scent to me.

I applied it in concentrated form directly to my face to see if any of the scents were stronger smothered all over my nose and cheeks. The one thing that surprised me with it on my face not mixed with water is that it stung just a little, which I think is the menthol. I get the same effect when I put Winter Vanilla Mint on my face in concentrated form....stings a bit.

I was very sensitive (in a good way) to the various berry smells because coincidentally, I made a big salad that has lasted all week, eating a little every day. The salad has raspberries blueberries, strawberries, and blackberries in it, along with naval oranges, clementines, lemon and orange juice over wheat berries. A very filling salad that gets better each day I had some! So when I was cleansing with the new scent, what I was smelling was darn close to my salad! 

Another observation I made is that it could easily be called Summer Wild Berry. It is that pleasant scent of the various berries that grow in my area during the summer. It could be for now instead of winter.

I already have eight different scents in my shower, but I will definitely add this one to it and purchase more in the winter months when he presents it again. Appears QVC is out; perhaps it was only good during June.

Although I have high praise for this new scent, I must say that I still like one of my first winter scents, Vanilla Mint, and also the more recent winter scent of White Forest. But I would probably put this new one right after those two and before the Winter White Citrus. They are all good, but if I were only able to have one winter scent, it would be the White Forest.

Hope this has been helpful, and stay tuned for tomorrow when I try the Fall Plum Pear.

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler 

Glad yours made it out of Hodgkins!  Mine is still on it's usual "visit around the world" lol

Glad you liked it & great description. Since the mints I have to be careful with, this could be my new favorite..Smiley Happy  (although I agree on scent WWF is awsome) so I will see if WWB takes over...Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: JULY WEN CHAT

[ Edited ]

REVIEW - Fall Plum Pear

First thing this morning I popped into the shower to try the new Fall scent. When I took the seal off the bottle and deeply inhaled, I immediately caught the scent of the pear, and a little less of the plum. I did not pick up on the pomegranate or cherry.

I grew up on a ranch with many fruit trees, including both pear and plum, so I did notice that these were true to my memories of smells around the homestead my first 19 years.

Upon applying it to my hair, the most distinct thing I noticed was that this was a very mild aromatherapy experience. Unlike the Winter Wild Berry I reviewed last night and thought it could also be considered a Summer scent, the Plum Pear definitely fits for the Fall season. It is not as strong a pear scent as the Fall Tuscan Pear, which is one I really like, along with the strong scent of the Fall Ginger Pumpkin. 

For me there was no lasting scent on my hair, but there rarely is, even with stronger scents. Perhaps it is because I wear my hair so short and don't have long hair hanging around my face. But I have read many a poster who said they could smell the WEN scent they used in the morning all day long. That has never happened to me. 

My nose is very sensitive to smells, so I am not sure why I can't continue to smell WEN throughout the day. I can detect cigarettes, cigars, and pipe smells way before I come close to the person using them. In fact, the other day I was at a stop light with my window open. I could smell cigarettes before I actually saw which person in a car around me was smoking. But it has never been that way with the hair products I use. They don't last long to my sense of smell.

The Plum Pear performed as well as all the seasonals do for me. I don't have a problem with any of Chaz's formulas working well with my hair except for the Cucumber Aloe, which is drying on me.

I will definitely use the rest of the 32-ounce bottle; however, I will not recorder, only because I like a stronger scent for my aromatherapy experience in the shower. I also applied it directly to my face in concentrated form and felt no stinging sensation one might get with his other scents.

This is definitely for those who prefer a milder scent/experience in the shower. If you don't like the stronger scents of Fall Ginger Pumpkin, Winter White Forest, Winter Vanilla Mint, or Summer Mango Coconut, you will probably like the Fall Plum Pear.

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler , thanks for the detailed review.  I received both but haven't cleansed yet. I did open them and like the scent of both.

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler 

I can never retain the scents in my hair either!...Maybe because mine is so fine & thin?

Interesting you brought that up, I wish I could smell them "after"...Smiley Happy