WEN

Honored Contributor

If you started with Classics, have you stayed with it?

Pomegranate is what works. Lavender if combined with Pomegranate but otherwise, it's always Pomegranate. I've ventured out with seasonals, never works. I've tried 619 and 316 and nope, not good.

I keep reading about many who have moved on to seasonals: how do you know which one will work if they're a new scent? Or, are they many who, like me, just stick with what works and is happy that others are happy, lol.

Trusted Contributor

Re: If you started with Classics, have you stayed with it?

HI @SahmIam .  I have found that my hair does best with the classics.  I do use seasonals, but only for my first cleane then a classic for the second.  My hair is straighter and more frizz-free and manageable this way.  I think I'm the oddball here as most other Wenners use seasonals for their second cleanse. 😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I always try a new scent Chaz puts out.  QVC is great in exchanges or returns if you really don't like something.

For me, Any formulation works fine, it's just a matter of which scent I want to have in the shower.  Some formulation scents stay in my hair, for instance, Peony does and I love that scent.  It's really whatever I want to enjoy in the shower that morning.

The classics, I always lean towards Tea Tree.  Sweet Almond Mint is one of the most beautiful scents I've ever encountered.  Wen in any formulation saved my hair.

My hair, before Wen was so damaged from cheap drug store hair coloring, shampoo, conditioner.  It looked like a dirty, dingy piece of sod was just draped over my head.

I've not had shampoo touch my hair for ten years and yes, it gets squeaky clean and I have oily scalp.  My hair is now full, soft, shiny, bounces all over the place, is alive.

I use it just like Chaz suggests. 

Honored Contributor

I started with Fig and it is still my favorite.  I did order the 5 classics in a set once and found out that I for me the lavender and the cucumber aloe left me with hair like straw.  I did add Sweey Almond Mint and Pomegranate to my choices, but I never delved too deeply into the seasonals.  I'm not much in favor of scents in many of thepersonal  products I use -  I buy unscented now whenever that's a choice.

Honored Contributor

I started 6 1/2 years ago with Fig & it was my only core formula until I gave in after a few years & tried Tea Tree.  Since then, Tea Tree has remained my core formula & I mix it with Fig about once or sometimes twice a week.  Tea Tree will remain my core.  It’s actually more hydrating than I thought it would be when I first tried it, so I don’t need the Fig every day.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Occasional Contributor

I'm kind of opposite from you. I started with a discovery set with all the classics when Philosophy stopped having the shear splendor available. I initally had good results for a few days then not so great. So I continued my search for a replacement. Nothing I tried was doing anything for my hair, so I decided to give Wen another try. When I came back that was when Chaz had released 613 and it transformed my hair. I used 613 only for years then my hair quit responding to it. I started exploring others again and BGT worked well. Now it isn't doing as well as it used to so I am exploring a few other options.

But if the classics are working, my philosophy is if it ain't broke don't fix it! 

Honored Contributor

I started with classics seven years ago, since then my hair is gone through periods where some CCs no longer work for me. At one point all I was using was Wen kids, now I can use just about anything and other than CA I rarely use the other classics. So for the last two years I guess it's been CA and seasonals. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I watched Chaz shows for a year before I took the leap.  I started with two.  Tea Tree ( for the clean) and Fig (for the moisture).  I've dabbled in the Seasonals and I Love them but I Can Not use the seasonals exclusively.  They start out great then my hair gets dull.  More good stuff than my hair can handle after a while.   My hair responds nicely whin I go back to  TT and Fig.  I still do use seasonals,  just not every wash.  But I always go to Fig and Tea tree.

Respected Contributor

Hi @tidegirl72 !  I ALWAYS say that.  What ain't broke, don't fix it!!!!

Respected Contributor

I started with Sweet Almond Mint but it was not the Salon formulation. (I started with Guthy Renker.) When I moved to getting WEN from the Q, I stopped using Sweet Almond Mint but still use Tea Tree and Pomegranate as my only cores. Otherwise, I use all Seasonals. 

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012