WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: INTERESTED IN A LARGE AQUIS TOWEL ...L👀K 6-10 & 6-11-19

Thanks @rochelleS!

I just ordered the x-large towel.  I have an Aquis towel (large?) that came with my Dyson hair dryer that was last summer's TSV.  However, the towel isn't quite big enough for plopping, so I measured it against the x-large dimensions & the x-large has an extra 10" width to fit nicely for plopping!  BAM!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Re: INTERESTED IN A LARGE AQUIS TOWEL ...L👀K

@rochelleS wrote:

@Tennessee Vol ❤

Absolutely!  I have the Aquis 19"×39" towel in the waffle weave and this size would definitely work for you and others who plop. Its light weight makes this size perfect for those who have longer hair too and need some extra length without the bulk of a regular terrycloth towel. The smaller hand and face (11"×22") would imo, be much too small.

Are you saying you use the turbie backwards, with the button on the top of your head instead of the nape?

I am here to serve. Enabler? Yup, I guess so, lol. If sharing the good word on successful items counts, that is...then it is my total pleasure.

If I may object, please.  The 19"x39" towel (I believe is considered large) is too small for plopping...at least on my head.  It's not quite long enough to tie in back.  The x-large (29"x55") has the extra room I need to be able to tie it at the nape of my neck.  I never use mylarge Aquis towel; I just use my t-shirt for plopping, but have always wanted an Aquis towel big enough to do the trick.  The x-large will.  For $15 I have nothing to lose by trying it, at least.  Otherwise, it will become a Toby bath towel.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

I own several Aquis towels including the Adventure - just know that it is a thinner towel to take on like an adventure.  i don’t own the yoga towel.

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife 

I use the XL and wrap it around me after bathing and putting on my face. We grew up with bath sheets as kids and I've always loved a big towel. This isn't as large, in fact those in retail have gotten smaller over the years but it does work out so well for me.

I picked up the Beach/Yoga towel too. Did you see it doesn't hold sand. That's cool. I also picked up additional towels in two sizes. I did a little damage over there today!

Esteemed Contributor

@untitled 

Really? My turbie and Adventure xl towel feel the same to me. If anything the towel feels a little bit thicker. Hmmm, wonder if something had changed... I guess I'll see when my order arrives. Regardless, I'm am super pleased with my Aquis items.

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@rochelleS wrote:

@Tennessee Vol ❤

Absolutely!  I have the Aquis 19"×39" towel in the waffle weave and this size would definitely work for you and others who plop. Its light weight makes this size perfect for those who have longer hair too and need some extra length without the bulk of a regular terrycloth towel. The smaller hand and face (11"×22") would imo, be much too small.

Are you saying you use the turbie backwards, with the button on the top of your head instead of the nape?

I am here to serve. Enabler? Yup, I guess so, lol. If sharing the good word on successful items counts, that is...then it is my total pleasure.

If I may object, please.  The 19"x39" towel (I believe is considered large) is too small for plopping...at least on my head.  It's not quite long enough to tie in back.  The x-large (29"x55") has the extra room I need to be able to tie it at the nape of my neck.  I never use mylarge Aquis towel; I just use my t-shirt for plopping, but have always wanted an Aquis towel big enough to do the trick.  The x-large will.  For $15 I have nothing to lose by trying it, at least.  Otherwise, it will become a Toby bath towel.

@SurferWife @rochelleS 

After reading your post @SurferWife  I decide to order two of the x-large towels and give it a try. I ordered purple!

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Trusted Contributor

okay - mine is older - so you are good.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tennessee Vol 

Saw a couple of girls on youtube use a scrunchie or large hair clips with their tshirts, I need to try that, it could work with the hair towel. The hair towel is the perfect size for me. But if I do any housework or lay down and move around to much it loosens

Respected Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@Tennessee Vol 

Saw a couple of girls on youtube use a scrunchie or large hair clips with their tshirts, I need to try that, it could work with the hair towel. The hair towel is the perfect size for me. But if I do any housework or lay down and move around to much it loosens

@hopi 

Using a scrunchie is an excellent idea!!! Thank you!!!

I believe the hair towel will work with a scrunchie!

Thanks again for the idea!

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Super Contributor

I love the Aquis Adventure XL (29" X 55") and have several which I have used exclusively for the last several years.  Graphite, Seafoam, & Blueberry.  When I made a triip to my daughter's this spring, I took my L (large) towel to save space when I packed.  I regretted that every time I used it - just to small as a bath towel.  I really like the size of the XL and have one ready to go on my next trip.  I have the smaller towels (15" X 29") which I use on my (short) hair and also as hand towels.  

I have a couple of the yoga/beach towels that I don't use because of the size (24 X 68).  The are narrower and longer than the XL and they are just awkward for me to use.

I only buy them when they are on GMA and View Your Deal.