WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: I wonder if Chaz

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler wrote:

@1Professor When I said "past three years," I put a question mark, as I don't remember how long ago it was that I purchased several WEN combs from Amazon, and they were inferior to what he has now. I ended up throwing them away. It could have been longer than three years or less than three years. Just don't recall.

One of the posters mentioned something that I had forgotten about those older combs, and that is the more pointed tips on the comb, which were not comfortable to my scalp.

If you purchased several WEN combs that came with products from the Q, and you think you got them more than three years ago, they could be the current ones he is selling. If you don't have a problem with your hair catching on little bits and pieces of the teeth (not all the time, just sometimes), and the tips of the teeth are not sharp enough for it to bother your scalp, then it sounds like you have the good saw-cut combs.

Also, with the older ones, I found that they sometimes broke when I dropped them in the shower. That has never happened with the better quality combs of his.

@World Traveler 

Great info! Just checked on the one I always use, smooth, rounded tips.

Then looked at my "stash" of WEN combs. Several still in their plastic envelopes. ONE WAS OPEN. Horrid. Can't imagine I ever used it, but pointy tips, sharp edges, nothing rounded. (That one is being tossed.)

Now I know what people meant.

I always take one traveling. Love these combs. One in shower to smooth in products, evenly distribute. One in vanity to comb through hair before showering, loose strands . . .

Honored Contributor

@1Professor So glad you had one of each to compare. The older ones (if I remember correctly) were flatter and the newer comb is more rounded in the teeth.

I too have several: one in the shower, one on the bathroom sink, one on the vanity, one in my purse, and one that stays in my carry-on luggage so I don't forget. And even then, I have probably 2-3 that I haven't used. They come with some of his kits, so I either give them away or stash them away. Heart

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@1Professor When I said "past three years," I put a question mark, as I don't remember how long ago it was that I purchased several WEN combs from Amazon, and they were inferior to what he has now. I ended up throwing them away. It could have been longer than three years or less than three years. Just don't recall.

One of the posters mentioned something that I had forgotten about those older combs, and that is the more pointed tips on the comb, which were not comfortable to my scalp.

If you purchased several WEN combs that came with products from the Q, and you think you got them more than three years ago, they could be the current ones he is selling. If you don't have a problem with your hair catching on little bits and pieces of the teeth (not all the time, just sometimes), and the tips of the teeth are not sharp enough for it to bother your scalp, then it sounds like you have the good saw-cut combs.

Also, with the older ones, I found that they sometimes broke when I dropped them in the shower. That has never happened with the better quality combs of his.

Hi World Traveler!  That was me.  The older combs were too pointy for me and were a bit harsh on my scalp.  I noticed the comb is now different.  I thought it was me but you noticed it too!  I got a comb with the kit, it was the large Peach ReMoist and the Peach oil and a comb came with it.  I noticed right away how the comb just glided through my hair with such ease and comfort.  You're right too about the older combs, I dropped a few of mine and a tooth broke here and there.  I noticed a higher polish on the new comb.  The older combs had a dull sort of look to them.  I baby my new comb!  It stays on the bathroom sink and I make sure not to drop it.  I have dropped it too and nothing happened!

Respected Contributor
I had one that came with a kit from QVC and it broke after a couple of months. I went back to the wide toothed comb that I have been using since the 80’s. Maybe I should be calling it my antique comb now. Lol.