WEN

Contributor

Hi, I'm in my late 50's, I have naturally curly, coarse hair, it's getting very thin on top.  My hair is very very dry and I have a lot of breakage.  Could someone please recommend what I shoud be using in the WEN line.  I always wear my hair curly, never flat iron.  Sometimes I use a diffuser or let air dry, thank you.

Respected Contributor

@Kayell  I am no expert but it sounds like FIG would be good for you plus use the oils on your scalp as a overnight treatment (Tea Tree) 3-4 nights a week.

Also, get some re-moist and be sure to use it 2-3 times a week for a while, you can even use some as a leave in.  I really need to get into using the re-moist more myself, I have been slacking.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kayell

Naturally curly hair is usually dry, possibly brittle, needs a lot of moisture. Gets even drier & prone to breakage with hormonal changes.

There are some links in this thread that will help you get to know your hair better.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/WEN/WEN-amp-Wavy-Curly-Coily-Kinky/m-p/4958979#M62014

WEN's Classic Tea Tree is recommended for hair that's becoming sparse. Many have had excellent results getting hair to fill in again following Chaz's recommendations.

However, it's a strong smelling product, and some don't do as well as others. I have a sensitivity to it and have to limit my exposure, or my fallout temporarily increases.

Tea Tree will not give you the moisture you need.

You could use TT for your first cleanse and use a richer formula for your second cleanse.

That's what I did.

Or, you could apply the TT to scalp area only, and use another formula at the same time for the rest of your hair. Most of us use more than a single WEN formula.

It's completely customizable to the individual.

Here are Chaz's videos:

https://chazdean.com/salon/tips#!bEVgrUS0lQ4

Here is Chaz's product recommender:

https://chazdean.com/store/recommender

Here are Chaz's Wonderful WEN Helpers:

customerservice@chazdean.com

send them a copy of your post

Esteemed Contributor

@Kayell,

@SandGirl,

Imagine you've just washed and completely dried your hair.

Over the next 24 to 48, or 72 hours, does it slowly become more oily?

Or does it become progressively drier to the touch?

Contributor

@x Hedge  Thank you, these videos are very informative!!  I appreciate your help.  My hair gets dryer as the days go by, not oily AT ALL. 

Contributor

@SandGirl  Thank you for the recommendation

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Kayell, I would second the recommendations of Tea Tree and Fig formulas for your hair.   I have hair that looks completely different than yours, but I also had quite a bit if thinning.  What cured that was using WEN tea tree oil treatments on my scalp.  I did them twice a week at first, and now I do one a week as a "maintenance" program.  I'm not sure if using tea tree cleansing conditioner would help much with the thinning, so if you want to start out with a totally basic routine, I'd suggest tea tree oil, fig cleansing conditioner, and any fragrance of remoist that you think sounds like it would smell good.  There are even some seasonal re-moists avaliable right now, and I know for a fact that Fall Ginger Pumpkin and Winter Vanilla Mint re-moists smell really good.  If you start with just a basic routine of scalp oil, cleansing conditioner and re-moist, you can find out if you benefit from the products (high odds that you will) and then branch out from there.  If you visit this forum regularly, you'll find lots of help with specific questions, early info on new products, special deals, show times, etc.  Good luck, I hope you find WEN products the miracle workers I did!