WEN

Contributor
My hair has been damaged and I just restarted using Wen a few weeks ago. It doesn't look like it's supposed to look like according to Chaz. Of course I don't have people to style my hair and my hair isn't long enough to put up in a pineapple. What should I do?
Respected Contributor

Re: I must be doing it wrong

@Lori1962 wrote:
My hair has been damaged and I just restarted using Wen a few weeks ago. It doesn't look like it's supposed to look like according to Chaz. Of course I don't have people to style my hair and my hair isn't long enough to put up in a pineapple. What should I do?

You could always try something else. “GASP” heresy!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

@Lori1962  A lot of people LOVE Wen and a lot of others don't.  What works for one doesn't always work for the next one.  I don't know how you are using it, but try changing it up a bit.... Be sure to do two cleanses.  Try a little more or a little less product.  Be sure you rinse it out well.  And, if it doesn't work for you, move on.

Honored Contributor

Aloha @Lori1962! It’s best to call Chaz’s CS. Their phone number is on every bottle of WEN. They are super friendly and will be of tremendous help.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@Lori1962 What type of hair do you have? Is it dry, brittle, color treated? Frizzy, wavy or curly?

If you add just a little more information, many of the Wen gals will come along and help you. I'll page a couple of them for you, but in the meantime, please add some more information to your hair type. 

Fig CC is good for dry hair. Or, you can go to Chaz' site and find the right CC for your type hair.

@yanga, @hedge, @drythe, @Suebdoo, @Surferwife - new Wen gal needs some suggestions/help - 

Respected Contributor

Hi Lori1962,  you mention that your hair has suffered damage.  Whether it's by heating tools or color treating, damage is damage and there's not too much that can fix that.  Wen usage will help but in my opinion the best thing to do is start with a clean slate.  Do the ol' chop.  Now there are pros to this.  For one, Wen makes hair and nails grow like weeds.  I should know, I've used Wen exclusively for nine years.  Anyway, after you do that, use Wen cleansing conditioners properly and watch how YOU, yes even you will have the hair of a village.  My hair was SO damaged from shampoo, conditioner, color treating to cover the white hair it was dead. I cut it all off and started with Wen and now my hair is amazing.  Completely transformed from awful to bounce, shine, manageability.  You have to use enough though.  Make sure scalp and hair are saturated in it.  Add splash of water to emulsify.  It should be thick and creamy.  Cleanse, rinse and repeat and leave it in the hair until you've finished your shower.  Rinse your hair out lastly.  Rinse well, vigorously massage scalp and rake hair until it's all rinsed.  Take one pump of styling creme in hands, rub together and apply to mids and ends as leave in.  Do the same with styling creme and what's left on the hands, rake through the crown area.  Make sure hair is soaking wet before applying leave in as it will absorb in the hair and not sit on the surface.  You can call the salon, Chaz always encourages people to do so.  I strongly suggest cutting off the damage though.  I would go for the restorative ones like 613 or 319.  Those are Wen on steroids.  They "plump" the hair, use both cleansing conditioner AND styling creme.  As you're applying the leave in, you'll feel the hair plumping.  It makes me laugh when it happens on days I choose to use them as my hair is not damaged anymore.  I don't color and I don't round brush dry.  I simply use Chaz's large paddle brush and rough dry on warm air to cold hair, never hot.  My hair turned platinum and there are some last vestiges of brown but Wen makes it look like finely polished wood so people think I actually color my hair!  Hang in there, don't give up!

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife @77yangya - I knew you gals would show up, lol

Trusted Contributor

@riley1 😀 hi!

Good suggestions so far, especially calling the salon's number.  They were a tremendous help to me before I found the boards.  Tomorrow is a Monday and they will be closed.  In the meantime, if we knew what you are using now, and more about your hair type, and any problems with your hair, it will be much easier to offer some advice/help. @Lori1962

Contributor

I found the comments helpful, thank you. I have breakage and I also have scalp issues, psoriasis. I've been using tea tree oil and massaging it into my scalp. Not sure what to do at night as I am a very hard sleeper and can't put my hair up. I've been using Mandarin fig and tea tree.
Esteemed Contributor

@Lori1962,

another Wenner, @World Traveler, wears her hair quite short as well, and has traveled multiple times to the WEN salon. She may be able to help you too.

Meanwhile, if you'd prefer to write instead of calling, the email address is

customerservice@chazdean.com

Same great, helpful people.

My brittle, easily broken hair has become stronger and much more resilient with WEN.

WEN has restored the waves and curls of my childhood.

WEN has helped me grow longer, thicker hair after hair loss due to serious prolonged illness, anesthetics, chemo, hormone changes, and autoimmune thyroid issues.

BUT, it didnt overcome all my hair challenges overnight.

Be patient. The Wenners here will offer lots of help and support.