WEN

Honored Contributor

I got complimented on my hair

So I was talking to someone I don't know and just before we parted she said, "you have beautiful hair, it's so thick and shiny". It's so nice to get complimented, I hadn't even done anything to it that day. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Re: I got complimented on my hair

That's nice.  I do that when someone (female) walks by and you can tell they took a few extra minutes to get dressed.  I just keep walking and say something like, "That color really looks pretty on you."  Sometimes I say, "You look very nice".

You can see them stand a little taller and they smile as they say, "Thanks".  I'm not lying.  There is usually something nice to be said to everyone.

Here's my problem.  People tell me they like my hair.  I know they don't know and they mean well, but I have issues with my hair.  I wear a wig because due to thyroid and other issues it's very thin.

I just say "thanks".  Sometimes if it's a friend I say, "It's a wig".  They always say, "You'd never know".  It does look real.

Just to be silly a few times I've pulled it off and said, "Here!  You want it?"  Ha!

It's nice that you know how to take a compliment.  Most people have problems with it.  You sound like someone I would like to know. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

LOL I think that would freak out most people if you just whipped it off. I understand what you meant though. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Good for you. I love getting compliments on how I look and what I'm wearing. Make me feel like I'm doing something right. 

Respected Contributor

Getting a compliment like that is always nice.

This is completely unrelated to Wen but you have great taste in music! Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

Isn't it great! Compliments happen often thanks to Wen. 

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom

Happy for you!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

What a great compliment right out of the blue, when you're not at all expecting it.  Sometimes I'll pass someone - usually a woman - who will have something on that's just great and I'll compliment her on whatever it may be. 

Sometimes yo just run into somebody who looks FAB!  It's hard to not give her a compliment.  It costs nothing and makes two people feel great - the recipient & you.

Spread the love, share the joy.

Trusted Contributor

@jaxs mom that is awesome! You looked amazing and all could see it. Smiley Happy Even better that it was not a high effort day!

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

That's nice.  I do that when someone (female) walks by and you can tell they took a few extra minutes to get dressed.  I just keep walking and say something like, "That color really looks pretty on you."  Sometimes I say, "You look very nice".

You can see them stand a little taller and they smile as they say, "Thanks".  I'm not lying.  There is usually something nice to be said to everyone.

Here's my problem.  People tell me they like my hair.  I know they don't know and they mean well, but I have issues with my hair.  I wear a wig because due to thyroid and other issues it's very thin.

I just say "thanks".  Sometimes if it's a friend I say, "It's a wig".  They always say, "You'd never know".  It does look real.

Just to be silly a few times I've pulled it off and said, "Here!  You want it?"  Ha!

It's nice that you know how to take a compliment.  Most people have problems with it.  You sound like someone I would like to know. Smiley Happy

@Annabellethecat66 it is awesome that you have such a great sense of humor! I know it is distressing to deal with what you are dealing with regarding your hair. If I complimented your hair and you took it off I'd give you 1000 punk rock points, because that is a bad a** move!